Being Human is a wonderful gift.

Superman117

Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Catholic
I am a very liberal kind of guy. I have seen something that frightens me. The breakup of the nuclear family. Families with one mom, one dad and kids.
Those are becoming rare. Many couples are divorced. Many men who used to be married see marriage as a trap. Many divorced women have become man-haters. Many kids are growing up without both parents. Many people see marriage as a trap because of a 50 percent divorce rate.

Many men leave their girlfriends/wives because the angry woman makes false accusations (abuse, assault, ect) against them and the cops believe them easily. The Feminist movement was created to empower women and promote equality but now it has become anti male and anti family. Way too many men are in jail. 1 out of 75. many women are catching up to men in the area of violence. You see a lot of women doing terrible crimes and cops still believe women are incapable of domestic violence. Sheesh.

It's like it's not safe to be a straight man wanting a normal woman to marry and have kids with.

So many obstacles. Must be why so many guys stay single. I think men should respect women and women should respect men. Yet that doesnt
happen. female bashing of males is very common and male bashing of females does happen sometimes. College campuses seem hostile to males. So is the american workplace. some men do harass women but
most don't. Women can harass men too, i've seen it happen. So much injustice.

This is not how life is supposed to be.

Men and women should not be fighting each other. We are mortal creatures made by the Lord Himself. There are so many ways we can die (disease, accident, murder, physical conditions, old age,suicide, ect)
Most of us dont live that long. 75 years for lucky men and 80 years for lucky women. That is IF no one kills you or you get into a bad accident or get ill or whatever. Life is short. Men, women, let's not fight each other.

In the past, men have misbehaved. Women have misbehaved as well. Let's put all this behind us. We are not responsible for the wrongs done by humans across thousands of years. Let's focus on the here and now.

Forget about : capitalism, communism, catholicism, judaism, buddhism,
Feminism, racism, polytheism, monotheism, voodoo, atheism, existentialism.

Forget about who you are : black, white, asian, mulatto, biracial, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transexual, heterosexual.

Just be WHAT you are.

A human being. You dont have much time. Just live and love and be happy. Stop fighting. Stop the hate. Just live, people. It's the way nature intended.

Please, people. BE HUMAN.

ElElohe

A humble Resistentialist
Jun 27, 2003
Siloam Springs, AR
Visit site
✟8,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hm.

I'm not going to disagree with what I think you're trying to get at here, but will add some things.

Firstly, to be human is also to be Adamic, that is, born into sin. This part we should not aspire to in our human-ness.

Secondly, to be human is to be made in the image of God. This is awe-inspiring! And while with the help of God we have the capicity to do good, we are inately evil (as stated by the prophet Jeremiah).

We need to put our past behind us, but we need to do and can only do that with the help of Christ or we remain in sin (without going too deep into theology here). However, there will always remain consequences of our actions that we must take responsibility for. The lawyers for Nichols in Oklahoma are trying to use his apparent "finding of religion/Jesus" as a defense against capital punishment. This is an irrelevant move; Nichols still must bear the responsibility for his past actions

I won't disagree with stopping the hate, but I would say bring on the love. I know you use this terminolgy, but the politically correct term is tolerance. "Tolerance is a virtue of a man without convictions," said G K chesterton. Love, however, is sincere and displays a genuine interest in a person's well-being opposed to an ambivilent condoning.

So I say to you in response, how would you bring about this love that would keep the nuclear family together? The region of the US I live in has a divorce rate of 70% (NW Arkansas). For my wife and I, divorce is not an option. It is not in our marital vocabulary. But is marriage easier because of it? No. Satan will do everything he can to destroy such a union intended to mimmick God's image further than that of human.

And also, how can one forget about such things as you list in the last of your note which are engrained in a person's worldview. It is possible to change worldviews, but not easy!

Superman117 said:
I am a very liberal kind of guy. I have seen something that frightens me. The breakup of the nuclear family. Families with one mom, one dad and kids.
Those are becoming rare. Many couples are divorced. Many men who used to be married see marriage as a trap. Many divorced women have become man-haters. Many kids are growing up without both parents. Many people see marriage as a trap because of a 50 percent divorce rate.

Many men leave their girlfriends/wives because the angry woman makes false accusations (abuse, assault, ect) against them and the cops believe them easily. The Feminist movement was created to empower women and promote equality but now it has become anti male and anti family. Way too many men are in jail. 1 out of 75. many women are catching up to men in the area of violence. You see a lot of women doing terrible crimes and cops still believe women are incapable of domestic violence. Sheesh.

It's like it's not safe to be a straight man wanting a normal woman to marry and have kids with.

So many obstacles. Must be why so many guys stay single. I think men should respect women and women should respect men. Yet that doesnt
happen. female bashing of males is very common and male bashing of females does happen sometimes. College campuses seem hostile to males. So is the american workplace. some men do harass women but
most don't. Women can harass men too, i've seen it happen. So much injustice.

This is not how life is supposed to be.

Men and women should not be fighting each other. We are mortal creatures made by the Lord Himself. There are so many ways we can die (disease, accident, murder, physical conditions, old age,suicide, ect)
Most of us dont live that long. 75 years for lucky men and 80 years for lucky women. That is IF no one kills you or you get into a bad accident or get ill or whatever. Life is short. Men, women, let's not fight each other.

In the past, men have misbehaved. Women have misbehaved as well. Let's put all this behind us. We are not responsible for the wrongs done by humans across thousands of years. Let's focus on the here and now.

Forget about who you are : black, white, asian, mulatto, biracial, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transexual, heterosexual.

Just be WHAT you are.

A human being. You dont have much time. Just live and love and be happy. Stop fighting. Stop the hate. Just live, people. It's the way nature intended.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Being human is not a wonderful gift. It is an existence imbued with the essence of sin and failure, a state of being unable to please God due to sin, and by nature flawed and evil. :cry: How can anyone see our human natures as a "gift"? :cry:

Humanity is sick and depraved. Our only hope is in God. :)

Upvote 0
I

indigo tree

If being human was not a gift, why would God put us in this form on the first place?
Humanity is indeed a gift. And it can be misused, or abused. Take yer pick.

Very well said, superman. But I have to dissagree with you and say women are still more harrassed then men. Are men starting to get more harrassed? Sure.

Just be WHAT you are.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Upvote 0