Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thinking about this...coming out of a thread in General Theology. Personally I don't get "happy" during communion. It's after. During communion I am in a state of humility and reverence and thankfulness (in a somber way), but wanting to cry is very common for me.

Normal?

Lupinus

May 28, 2007
SC
✟8,723.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I typically do a simple prayer of thanks to God and that I come to his table worthily. That through his body and blood my faith in him be kept strong and my sins be forgiven. Once completed I focus on his sacrifice.

So yes, for me I'd say it's a bit somber of a remembrance but one that is mixed with joy for what has been done for us.

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thinking about this...coming out of a thread in General Theology. Personally I don't get "happy" during communion. It's after. During communion I am in a state of humility and reverence and thankfulness (in a somber way), but wanting to cry is very common for me.

Normal?
My feelings exactly.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I get "excited" when I'm up at the rail. In my Confirmation Class my pastor told us, don't think of it as my hand giving you the blood and body of Christ, but Christ himself who says Take Eat, Take Drink. I get excited also that I GET to partake because for so many years I hadn't.

And yes, I'm very thankful afterward. :)

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I get "excited" when I'm up at the rail. In my Confirmation Class my pastor told us, don't think of it as my hand giving you the blood and body of Christ, but Christ himself who says Take Eat, Take Drink. I get excited also that I GET to partake because for so many years I hadn't.

What she said. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Big Mouth

Forum Queen
Oct 22, 2009
Illinois
✟15,473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, I get almost excited before hand, it's the anticipation. And after I am happy and feeling cleansed.

Upvote 0