Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is it wrong to BE gay or ONLY to act on it ( have sex)?
I believe both is wrong. Being gay is what develops that thought of acting on it. But I don't discriminate and judge anyone for being gay, I do believe it's wrong and it's the one thing that is starting to affect society. People that are gay are starting to feel entitled (although not all, that'd be stereotypical) about why they should be accepted. It's honestly starting to become a bigger deal than the "Black Lives Matter" movement. Yet at the same time, I have met some of the nicest gay people and they really are happy. Again, I'm not judging or condemning them in anyway, I believe what the Bible says and that is that homosexuality is a sin.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe both is wrong. Being gay is what develops that thought of acting on it. But I don't discriminate and judge anyone for being gay, I do believe it's wrong and it's the one thing that is starting to affect society. People that are gay are starting to feel entitled (although not all, that'd be stereotypical) about why they should be accepted. It's honestly starting to become a bigger deal than the "Black Lives Matter" movement. Yet at the same time, I have met some of the nicest gay people and they really are happy. Again, I'm not judging or condemning them in anyway, I believe what the Bible says and that is that homosexuality is a sin.
The question is whether or not you are born that way ( which I do happen to believe. God would not do that I would not think have you be born a particular way that is a sin.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Only to act on it or have sex. Also, Christians should refrain from sexual fantasies (gay or straight).
Well, I understood that part about Christians, but it seems that so many people "have a problem" with gays just in general for well being gay.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How can you be Gay and never even think about Homosexual sex?
You can think about it ( still a sin) and not act on it. I can think about having sex with every man I see, but yet and this is none of your business really, but at 26 I am still pure, so just because someone thinks about having sex homosexual or otherwise does not mean they WILL.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You can think about it ( still a sin) and not act on it. I can think about having sex with every man I see, but yet and this is none of your business really, but at 26 I am still pure, so just because someone thinks about having sex homosexual or otherwise does not mean they WILL.

Well Jesus made it clear that thinking about it is the same as doing it.. He said::

Matthew 5: KJV
27 "¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: {28} But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Why do you resist the Word of God ? Is it out of a desire to believe that you are pure? Rightious? Self justified? Why not just aknowledge your sins to God so as to have them all covered by His Atonement?

Why resist the One who trying to save you from the eternal lake of fire ?

The way to salvation is to BELIEVE JESUS... And trust 100% in the Atonement He secured for your salvation... So surender to Jesus.. Aknowledge all His Words to be true and be forgvien..

It's so easy.. All it takes is to swallow ones pride...

• Winner
Reactions: OwainK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well Jesus made it clear that thinking about it is the same as doing it.. He said::

Matthew 5: KJV
27 "¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: {28} But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Why do you resist the Word of God ? Is it out of a desire to believe that you are pure? Rightious? Self justified? Why not just aknowledge your sins to God so as to have them all covered by His Atonement?

Why resist the One who trying to save you from the eternal lake of fire ?

The way to salvation is to BELIEVE JESUS... And trust 100% in the Atonement He secured for your salvation... So surender to Jesus.. Aknowledge all His Words to be true and be forgvien..
It's so easy.. All it takes is to swallow ones pride...
Because I have trouble believing that being gay is a choice for one thing. Moreover, we are ALL sinners so even if thinking about it is the same as doing it just because people sin DIFFERENTLY than you do does not mean that their sin is somehow greater. Additionally, and going with that if we all ( most of us have thoughts like that ( sexual in nature from time to time as we do that does not mean that every time I have a sexual thought I act on it same with homosexual sex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because I have trouble believing that being gay is a choice fr one thing. Moreover, we are ALL sinners so even if thinking about it is the same as doing it just because people sin DIFFERENTLY than you do does not mean that their sin is somehow greater. Additionally, and going with that if we all ( most of us have thoughts like that ( sexual in nature from time to time as we do that does not mean that every time I have a sexual thought I act on it same with homosexual sex.

It does not matter if it is a choice to be gay or if it is not a choice to be gay.. That is irrelevant...

You said we are all born sinners.... AMEN that's right.. and one of those sins is Homosexuality,, that being two people of the same gender engaging is sexual acts or thinking about those same acts...

So since we are all sinners then whats the point of resisting the Message of God and rebelling against His Word by saying .. This sin called homosexuality is not sin.. That's the path to the eternal lake of fire for anyone who pushes that line..

And i have never said that homosexuality was a greater sin.. There is only one greater sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.. That's the one Jesus said would never be forgiven.. But for all the rest Jesus is offering one and all forgiveness for their sin as a gift.... But people want to be proud and say their personal sin is not sin and God got it wrong when He revealed it to be sin... People cannot be forgiven for a sin that they refuse to acknowledge is a sin..

I will say it again.. In Gods eyes thinking about doing a sin is no different then actually doing it... Once the thought enters ones head then they have already sinned that sin and need the atonement of jesus to cover it..

• Winner
Reactions: OwainK
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It does not matter if it is a choice to be gay or if it is not a choice to be gay.. That is irrelevant...

You said we are all born sinners.... AMEN that's right.. and one of those sins is Homosexuality,, that being two people of the same gender engaging is sexual acts or thinking about those same acts...

So since we are all sinners then whats the point of resisting the Message of God and rebelling against His Word by saying .. This sin called homosexuality is not sin.. That's the path to the eternal lake of fire for anyone who pushes that line..

And i have never said that homosexuality was a greater sin.. There is only one greater sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.. That's the one Jesus said would never be forgiven.. But for all the rest Jesus is offering one and all forgiveness for their sin as a gift.... But people want to be proud and say their personal sin is not sin and God got it wrong when He revealed it to be sin... People cannot be forgiven for a sin that they refuse to acknowledge is a sin..

I will say it again.. In Gods eyes thinking about doing a sin is no different then actually doing it... Once the thought enters ones head then they have already sinned that sin and need the atonement of jesus to cover it..
If that is the case then why do people have SUCH a problem with others being gay. You do not hear nearly as much about Heterosexual acts being a sin or drunkenness or smoking cigarettes or any of a number of other sins yet being gay is like the person committed some crazy unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If that is the case then why do people have SUCH a problem with others being gay. You do not hear nearly as much about Heterosexual acts being a sin or drunkenness or smoking cigarettes or any of a number of other sins yet being gay is like the person committed some crazy unforgivable sin.

Is there are movement out there promoting adultery as being a natural and good thing??? Nope

Is there a movement out there promoting thrill killing as a natural and good thing??? Nope

Is there are movement out there promoting thieft as a natural and good thing??? Nope

Now is there a movement out there promoting homosexuality as a natural and good thing??? Yes!!!!

So the focus and reaction against homosexuality in these modern times is in response to that movement rather then the actual sin itself.. 100- 200 years ago hardly anyone talked about homosexuality. There was no need to. Because society agreed that it was sin. But now as we see it is different..

If people end up being swayed by the movement into believing that homosexuality is ok then that's when people will cease to acknowledge their homosexuality before God as sin and thank him for the atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sin of homosexuality.. That's when they shall not be covered by the blood of the atonement of Jesus.. And they will face God on judgement day and cry LORD LORD and Jesus will say to them:::

Matthew 7: KJV

23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Being tempted isn't a sin, as the Bible points out that Jesus was tempted yet never sinned (Hebrews 4:15).

The same would then apply with homosexuality. Being tempted by it in and of itself is not sinful. It only becomes sin in two ways: 1) if it becomes lust; and 2) if it manifests in action (homosexual acts).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The question is whether or not you are born that way ( which I do happen to believe. God would not do that I would not think have you be born a particular way that is a sin.
I don't think you are born to be gay. That's what everyone has tried to prove just like evolution. You're right God wouldn't make anyone gay, which is why He doesn't. God doesn't make anyone born gay, it's something they develop as they get older, who they are around, and what kind of parents they have.

Lots of people I know that are gay are confused, I don't believe that homosexuality is an excuse for anyone to be honest.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Because I have trouble believing that being gay is a choice for one thing. Moreover, we are ALL sinners so even if thinking about it is the same as doing it just because people sin DIFFERENTLY than you do does not mean that their sin is somehow greater. Additionally, and going with that if we all ( most of us have thoughts like that ( sexual in nature from time to time as we do that does not mean that every time I have a sexual thought I act on it same with homosexual sex.
First you say God would not create some people to be Homosexual, NOW you say it isn't a choice.

Owing to the fact you have it all figured out, how then does one become a Homosexual?

Homosexuals are
Rich
Poor
White
Black
Men
Women
Highly Educated
Poorly Educated
From Christian family's
From Atheist, and Agnostic family's
From any and all National Origins
Whatever other demographic you want to place in the list.

What is the determining common factor which links them all together, if there are those who would say, I knew I was Homosexual when I was 6, and those who say, I would not have made this choice for my life, anybody would be crazy to chose this as a lifestyle.

A Heterosexual can be a thief, murderer, have immoral and adulterous relationships, but when they stop doing what they have done they are still Heterosexuals.

A Homosexual can be a thief, murderer, have elicit immoral relationships, but when they stop doing what they have done, even becoming celibate, they are still Homosexuals.

My personal belief on the issue is, Homosexuality is a Curse upon mankind brought about by the actions of mankind, this Curse is a sign from God as to the condition of the Society in which they live, regardless of the Country.

Rom. 1
What other sin is there in the entire Bible which has been so well documented as to the Reasons, and Cause of the sin coming into being?
Homosexuals are
Rich
Poor
White
Black
Men
Women
Highly Educated
Poorly Educated
From Christian family's

What is the determining common factor which links them all together, if there are those who would say, I knew I was Homosexual when I was 6, and those who say, I would not have made this choice for my life, anybody would be crazy to chose this as a lifestyle.

A Heterosexual can be a thief, murderer, have immoral and adulterous relationships, but when they stop doing what they have done they are still Heterosexuals.

A Homosexual can be a thief, murderer, have elicit immoral relationships, but when they stop doing what they have done, even becoming celibate, they are still Homosexuals.

My personal belief on the issue is, Homosexuality is a Curse upon mankind brought about by the actions of mankind, this Curse is a sign from God as to the condition of the Society in which they live, regardless of the Country.

Rom. 1
What other sin is there in the entire Bible which has been so well documented as to the Reasons, and Cause of the sin coming into being?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By studying the specific disciplines of academia that help us to better understand creation, we find that all sorts of aberrations in nature existed before man even came into existence.
I truly believe that every believer is going to be called on the carpet by the Father concerning this issue because this involves His family members.
Therefore, no one can put off studying both sides of this issue indepth.
No believer is going to get a free pass.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Is it wrong to BE gay or ONLY to act on it ( have sex)?

It is only a sin to have gay sex. The temptation to have gay sex is no different from the temptation to have extramarital sex or to commit any other sin. I do not struggle with the temptation to have gay sex, but likely struggle with the temptation to sin in other areas that you might not struggle with, however there is no sin in being tempted to sin, but only in committing sin. We are told to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5), so we can't help it if a thought pops into our head and there is no sin in that happening, but we are responsible for what we do with that thought in regard to whether we take it captive or whether we dwell on it. In other words, there is nothing sinful about seeing someone walk by that we find to be sexually attractive, but it is sinful when we dwell on what we would like to do with that person outside of marriage.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
First you say God would not create some people to be Homosexual, NOW you say it isn't a choice.

Owing to the fact you have it all figured out, how then does one become a Homosexual?

Homosexuals are
Rich
Poor
White
Black
Men
Women
Highly Educated
Poorly Educated
From Christian family's

Rom. 1
It is of course a choice to ACT on it. I was saying that we are ALL sinners some just sin differently than others, but we were ALL born with the sin nature whether that includes having gay sex or not it does in some people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.