✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't say that in the Bible.
When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."

It says exactly that.

The sickness he is refering to ..is sin

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not. There is no need for judgment if you are a Christian. There is no guilt by association. I consider the words and actions of Jesus Christ more relevant than one verse in Proverbs. He ate with the worst sinners and spent virtually all his time with ordinary people without judging them.

What are you afraid of? Is your faith so weak?

He called the sinners to repent. (Luke 5:31)

God hasn't given me the spirit of fear. (2 Timothy 1:7) My faith is not weak, I am made strong because God is with me. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."

It says exactly that.

Alithis. They don't want to hear from ones like us anymore.
you warned them . I did. they don't care. to them we simply haters.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Alithis. They don't want to hear from ones like us anymore.
you warned them . I did. they don't care. to them we simply haters.

This thread wasn't made to have a discussion. Those who have an ear, let them hear.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It says exactly that.

Let us see what peter said . Who his own self bare on sins in his own body on the tree.
that we being DEAD to sin should LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS by HIS STRIPES
ye are healed. Or pual.
Being them MADE FREE FROM SIN.................YE became servants to righteousness.
Alithis. this all inclusive religion IS the delusion spoken of.
its began. a one world relgion truly has began. and so many are under its spell.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It begs the question, how can you be friends and not make compromises in you obligation to share Christ and Cristianity with them, being a Christian...

Luckily, your Muslim friend does not believe in killing infidels, Or forcing or trying to force people to renounce their faith and adopt Islam, or die... that kind of thing...

Luckily all three of you seem to have a similar belief in Love, it seems...

It is kind of based on a "don't ask, or "if you don't" ask, I wont tell or say anything...? And is that a compromise...?

How serious is our obligation to share Christ, or tell everyone about Christ, how serious is it if we don't...?

Do you think the three major religions, could form a similar belief system or faith, a new one that Incorporates, Islam, Jewish, and Christian faiths...?

If so, how...?

What if the person who comes up with this and gets everyone to follow it, is Islamic, Muslim, or Arabic... And has answers to the west's problems...

Anyhow,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are we brushing off the scriptures?!?!?!? I'm seeing more quotes from men than God, like...are we not aware of this?!!?

Well, one is not supposed to quote scripture as a solution.
I find it hard to avoid though.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's Matthew ch 6.
It's faith excercised in Jesus.
Every believer will be tested in it.
There are those that hold to his promises and there are those that do not enter in due to unbelief.
There are those who say they trusted his provisions and did not recieve.but you find on further investigation it was not His kingdom they sought firstly but thier own .and the qualification is seek first HIS kingdom and all these things will be added.
Not seek ones own desires.

Of the millions that crossed the red sea ..a mere TWO entered the promises .the rest perished through unbelief.
That is how serious this problem is.

Your friend did what she has been discipled to do by the system.and it failed her. So the false teachers hold equal blame. But at the same time ..she owned a bible yes?
You see we are prone to taking the easier road .and then wonder why we find ourselves in a bog.
We can't blame God for that.

It's wrong to apply the gospels to Christians. They were written to convince unbelievers. If God adopts you as his child he will NOT abandon you.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, one is not supposed to quote scripture as a solution.
I find it hard to avoid though.

I see scriptures as a response, as in its addressing the situations in our lives, as opposed to being prescriptive. I don't know if I personally come off as that, prescribing through quoting scriptures, but that's how I view it.Sometimes its hard to avoid though, I agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

It says exactly that.

Nice try, but that's not what I was referring to. You said, "Thus it stands..if we do not associate with the goal of thier [sic] salvation ..we do not have the slightest love for them at all." I repeat, that is not in the Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's wrong to apply the gospels to Christians. They were written to convince unbelievers. If God adopts you as his child he will NOT abandon you.
Which he won't do unless your faith is in him and obedient to him.
There are many who begin this race but fall aside.
It is impossible to believe in Jesus and not apply his words..he is his words and it is by his words we are to be judged.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Which he won't do unless your faith is in him and obedient to him.
There are many who begin this race but fall aside.
It is impossible to believe in Jesus and not apply his words..he is his words and it is by his words we are to be judged.

That may be your belief, but the Bible doesn't agree with you. Do you really think that God will adopt you as his child, then throw you out because your works aren't satisfactory?

"Everyone whom the Father gives me will come to me, and the one who comes to me I will never send away." John 6:37

Try reading the New Covenant.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It begs the question, how can you be friends and not make compromises in you obligation to share Christ and Cristianity with them, being a Christian...

Luckily, your Muslim friend does not believe in killing infidels, Or forcing or trying to force people to renounce their faith and adopt Islam, or die... that kind of thing...

Luckily all three of you seem to have a similar belief in Love, it seems...

It is kind of based on a "don't ask, or "if you don't" ask, I wont tell or say anything...? And is that a compromise...?

How serious is our obligation to share Christ, or tell everyone about Christ, how serious is it if we don't...?

Do you think the three major religions, could form a similar belief system or faith, a new one that Incorporates, Islam, Jewish, and Christian faiths...?

If so, how...?

What if the person who comes up with this and gets everyone to follow it, is Islamic, Muslim, or Arabic... And has answers to the west's problems...

Anyhow,

God Bless!
I would say make sure your looking up to what you think your obligation is to share Christ...

I usually wait for others to bring it or God or religion or whatever, then I feel like they opened the door so I tell them exactly what I think and feel about my God, and Christ...

I'll use few words at first, then if it continued and turned into a discussion, I would tell them more and more, and did not care what they thought about me, especially if they were "offended"...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let us see what peter said . Who his own self bare on sins in his own body on the tree.
that we being DEAD to sin should LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS by HIS STRIPES
ye are healed. Or pual.
Being them MADE FREE FROM SIN.................YE became servants to righteousness.
Alithis. this all inclusive religion IS the delusion spoken of.
its began. a one world relgion truly has began. and so many are under its spell.
Not sure how that applies to my reply to the other poster
But...
The point you make I'm well aware of.
Being that I'm not under nor in that system .

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I would say make sure your looking up to what you think your obligation is to share Christ...

I usually wait for others to bring it or God or religion or whatever, then I feel like they opened the door so I tell them exactly what I think and feel about my God, and Christ...

I'll use few words at first, then if it continued and turned into a discussion, I would tell them more and more, and did not care what they thought about me, especially if they were "offended"...

God Bless!
My duty to the truth is to important to me...

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When your religion starts to make you treat other people badly then you ought to recognise that your religion is doing you harm; it is rubbish and you ought to abandon whatever parts are making you treat other people badly.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
As I'm sure our readers know, "come out of her" as quoted here is from the end of the Rev (18:4). At that time, separation between good and evil was largely finished. The "her" was eschatological Babylon, which at that point was about to be destroyed. The advice wasn't just to avoid participating in Bablyon's sins, but to get out of someplace that's about to be destroyed.

For a more normal context, it's safer to follow the example of Jesus, and the explicit advice of Paul in 1 Cor 5:9.

How you treat non-Christians is also affected by your theology. I'm reasonably sure that a majority of Christians are inclusivists. That is, they think there are possibilities for salvation for non-Christians. Of course 1 Cor 5:9 would apply even without this. But it's a bit easier to be willing to learn from a friend if you're not convinced he's hell-bound.

Upvote 0