Being filled with the Spirit.... is our infilling the same as the early church?

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“And the twelve summoned the full number of the disciples and said, "It is not right that we should give up preaching the word of God to serve tables.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭6:2‬ ‭ESV‬‬

"To serve tables" did you miss that?

Or how about the part that they had to already have the Spirit? Which means they would have been baptized in the Spirit already, waiting on the Spirit to give them a ministry, not just going and doing on their own initiative John 5:30

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul said it best:

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

When was the last time you saw, or demonstrated the Spirit and Power so that people's faith wouldn't be in the wisdom of men, but their faith would be in the power of God.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“And the twelve summoned the full number of the disciples and said, "It is not right that we should give up preaching the word of God to serve tables.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭6:2‬ ‭ESV‬‬

"To serve tables" did you miss that?

Keep reading:
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch, 6 whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.

7 Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.

8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.

Not bad for someone waiting tables

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me see if I can explain it this way. In my house my youngest son is commission to cut the grass I don't weekly basis. He has access to the lawnmower gas and I have supplied him with everything he needs to complete that commission.

I have quite plainly stated that my will is for him to go and cut the lawn. If he sits around and waits for me to ask him again I'm not blessed by that in fact I get a little aggravated that I have to ask him to do what I've already commission him to do.

It's the same with the great commission. God has already spoken his will and giving us the tools and everything that we need to go and complete the great commission yet how many people are sitting around waiting to hear God and when they should go.

Have you ever just acted on what's already been spoken and commanded if they receive you even one person if they don't kick the dust off your feet and keep moving
Thank you for the well presented analogy

• Haha
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep reading:
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch, 6 whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.

7 Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.

8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.

Not bad for someone waiting tables

Yeah, once he had been faithful in his ministry that was given by the Spirit. You missed verse 7 there.

Yikes some of you need a basic scripture study lesson on CONTEXT. Lot of eisegesis going on around here. you are wringing all the life out of scripture with all the twisting you are doing of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, once he had been faithful in his ministry that was given by the Spirit. You missed verse 7 there.

Yikes some of you need a basic scripture study lesson on CONTEXT. Lot of eisegesis going on around here. you are wringing all the life out of scripture with all the twisting you are doing of it.

I've posted nothing but context and scripture within that context.

Verse 7 openly demonstrates that there was more going on than 'waiting'. I would humbly request that, if you could do so in a way that you yourself would receive, please show me contextually anywhere in the Scripture where God instructed someone to sit and wait. The closest I can find is the instance where the Spirit forbade Paul to enter into Asia - But he didn't sit back, he went other places.

Please, just cite the chapters and verses that plainly show this.

BTW - the first thing we do as a church with new Christians is team them up with an outreach team to evangelize. It works very well and the group of disciples in our church grows.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Verse 7 openly demonstrates that there was more going on than 'waiting'. I would humbly request that, if you could do so in a way that you yourself would receive, please show me contextually anywhere in the Scripture where God instructed someone to sit and wait. The closest I can find is the instance where the Spirit forbade Paul to enter into Asia - But he didn't sit back, he went other places.

BTW - the first thing we do as a church with new Christians is team them up with an outreach team to evangelize. It works very well and the group of disciples in our church grows.
And no doubt the new disciples mature much more quickly in thier faith ?
What congregation are you speaking of May I ask?。

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟282,507.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Nothing like trying to jam a square peg into a round hole to promote spiritual maturity, eh? I tried to jump on board with one of those type of programs, and yes, I learned a lot. I learned in very practical experience that unless the Lord builds the house the laborer labors in vain. I also learned that I am the last person you want to do street evangelism since it's not what God has ever told me to do. I learned that if I go running off ahead of specific instructions it is worse than doing nothing, for my relationship to God and for the people I am attempting to minister to.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Latter rain: the term used today seems to have a very different meaning to how I heard it as a kid.

But still..the call for the slumbering to awaken has been there all my life.
But it Simply ..,as it has been in every generation , requires death to self and obedience with /to the holy spirit.
This has never changed .

While I have observed some waiting for a magical happening that will suddenly make them a super Christian doing mighty exploits. (and waited myself for 30 off years)
I also discovered the Lord Jesus Already gave us the great commission and the foundation's and the exceedingly great power to follow his instructions.(it is a spiritual unbelief of this fact that results in inaction. Causing hearers of the word to not actually Go and Do the word.and Jesus said such a stance is a stance of self deception)

And in each generation there are a number that rise up and do so .

While those that sit and wait for autopilot to kickin ..remain sitting and sleeping.(they are the foolish virgins and no they do not get saved ..they perish)

Faith is the action you take when you truly believe.

In the 2nd version of the latter rain teachings..that's a whole other story !and I don't adhere to it at all..there is not going to be Some heaven on earth type kingdom set up for our Lord Jesus to return to but rather a time of unprecedented upheaval with multitudes in the valley of decision ..the final harvest.it has already begun and workers are needed in it.

“Lord Jesus I pray send out workers into the harvest for it is Great and the workers are few.”
Drive them out to the fields Lord . Amen .

I read some where that a literal translation can be worded as “pray the Lord of the harvest forcefully Thrust workers OUT into the fields. ”
Hello my friend, I hope you and yours are well.

I wanted to address the "waiting" mentality you speak of. When I talk of a coming final awakening where the bride finally finds herself prepared to meet her husband, I pray no one midunderstands that I am espousing sitting down passively and contentedly and waiting on God to miraculously make us "good Christians".

God tells us that we shall seek Him and we shall find Him when we seek Him with ALL of our heart. Somehow, we equate that as "Well, I got saved, so now I have found God, so that does not apply to me." But the tense of that verse is actually "to seek and keep on seeking". You see, for us to be awakened, we must admit we are asleep, and LONG to be.

We must be like Paul in his Romans 7 prison. He did not just accept it and make the best of it. He HATED that sin still had him. He knew he was not walking in the "free indeed" Jesus promised. He finally arrived at the position of hating his self life, his rebellious sin-loving flesh, and that, dear friends, is the broken-up fallow ground that faith can sprout and grow in. What did he say?

"Oh wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death?"

Brokenness. Hunger. We do not wait on that. God will not break our hearts for us. His job, through the Holy Spirit, is to convict us of our need to be awakened. Our job? Our job is to listen, come into agreement with Him that all of our righteousness is as filthy rags, and hunger after righteousness to overtake us and swallow us.

There is nothing passive here. But may I encourage any who find themselves in this uncomfortable place? Acknowledge your need. See yourself as a wretched man or woman. Tell God that you need to be changed so that you may live lives worthy of bearing His name. Remember, He is the potter, not us! It is HIS job to transform us. What is our job? To tell Him we need the potter's hands on us and then to BELIEVE that He does it. Not will do it. That is not faith. That is hope, and sadly, it will simply lead us back to waiting. True faith is always NOW faith.

To those who feel insufficient for these things, God has assured us that no matter how weak our faith may seem to be to us, we have just enough. It may seem like our faith is an insignificant mustard seed but I promise you this. When that faith in what God has promised to do for us..... IN US..... is awakened, and we step out to believe it, joy-filled wonder and rejoicing will replace our lukewarm, going-through-the-motions complacent Christianity. It is seatbelt buckling time.

A word of warning, however, to those who have the mindset that they will just continue to "wait on God" as they do their own thing till God is ready to awaken them. That is how tares think. Listen closely. Those who persist in living contently in their Romans 7 lives, with no hunger for more of Him, clutching their hall pass to heaven as all they need, a rude.... no, no, a terrifying future awaits, for they are the ones that God will pass over before He comes as He then goes to the highways and byways seeking out the poor, the halt, the blind..... the hungry...to insure His house will be full.

It is not too late. Listen to the Spirit. God wants to make you holy. Do you want that too? That is the question of the hour.

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello my friend, I hope you and yours are well.

I wanted to address the "waiting" mentality you speak of. When I talk of a coming final awakening where the bride finally finds herself prepared to meet her husband, I pray no one midunderstands that I am espousing sitting down passively and contentedly and waiting on God to miraculously make us "good Christians".

God tells us that we shall seek Him and we shall find Him when we seek Him with ALL of our heart. Somehow, we equate that as "Well, I got saved, so now I have found God, so that does not apply to me." But the tense of that verse is actually "to seek and keep on seeking". You see, for us to be awakened, we must admit we are asleep, and LONG to be.

We must be like Paul in his Romans 7 prison. He did not just accept it and make the best of it. He HATED that sin still had him. He knew he was not walking in the "free indeed" Jesus promised. He finally arrived at the position of hating his self life, his rebellious sin-loving flesh, and that, dear friends, is the broken-up fallow ground that faith can sprout and grow in. What did he say?

"Oh wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death?"

Brokenness. Hunger. We do not wait on that. God will not break our hearts for us. His job, through the Holy Spirit, is to convict us of our need to be awakened. Our job? Our job is to listen, come into agreement with Him that all of our righteousness is as filthy rags, and hunger after righteousness to overtake us and swallow us.

There is nothing passive here. But may I encourage any who find themselves in this uncomfortable place? Acknowledge your need. See yourself as a wretched man or woman. Tell God that you need to be changed so that you may live lives worthy of bearing His name. Remember, He is the potter, not us! It is HIS job to transform us. What is our job? To tell Him we need the potter's hands on us and then to BELIEVE that He does it. Not will do it. That is not faith. That is hope, and sadly, it will simply lead us back to waiting. True faith is always NOW faith.

To those who feel insufficient for these things, God has assured us that no matter how weak our faith may seem to be to us, we have just enough. It may seem like our faith is an insignificant mustard seed but I promise you this. When that faith in what God has promised to do for us..... IN US..... is awakened, and we step out to believe it, joy-filled wonder and rejoicing will replace our lukewarm, going-through-the-motions complacent Christianity. It is seatbelt buckling time.

A word of warning, however, to those who have the mindset that they will just continue to "wait on God" as they do their own thing till God is ready to awaken them. That is how tares think. Listen closely. Those who persist in living contently in their Romans 7 lives, with no hunger for more of Him, clutching their hall pass to heaven as all they need, a rude.... no, no, a terrifying future awaits, for they are the ones that God will pass over before He comes as He then goes to the highways and byways seeking out the poor, the halt, the blind..... the hungry...to insure His house will be full.

It is not too late. Listen to the Spirit. God wants to make you holy. Do you want that too? That is the question of the hour.

Blessings,

Gideon
Hi bro.
I'm well thank you. it's great to hear from you.
How are things going?

Here is a couple of pieces of material for consideration.
1. search the sleeping giant vision from Tommy hicks 1961. It speaks of what your refering to.

2 search you tube for the tlr movie ...
7 days adventure with God.

The Lord's hand is now stretched out to you also ...:)

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course it is. If it is not then We are not saved.
But just as the early church ,we can become like any of the churches of revelations..through self excusing inaction .
If we observe some of the error they slipped into then it's easy to see that it's not the holy spirit in us which causes us to lack .but always Our lack of obedient response to him.
I disagree. The 120 had seen Jesus risen and in his glorified body. They had heard his words. They then saw Him taken up into Heaven. Did they immediately begin to witness and heal? No, they began to hide, fearful of the Jews and the repercussions of them being part of "the way".

When the Holy Spirit fell on them, only then did boldness overtake them. Joy became their strength and out of that strength, they simply let their lights shine in whatever way God shone through them. Did all become street evangelists? Nope. It seems you are putting forth that we all must be arms or legs, when we are specifically instructed to simply be led by God and do our particular calling.

To take a stand that unless we begin to go preach and lay hands on the sick, we are in disobedience and are not saved is simply not true.

A new awakening is beginning, and even now, I do not believe that the Spirit has been fully outpoired. Bones are rattling, yes indeed. Muscle is regenerating. Yup. But there will come a glorious day, our day of Pentecost, when real life, God's full power shall indwell ALL who are wheat.

To tell a joyless believer that he is disobedient by not witnessing and healing is like Pharoah commanding the Israelites to make bricks for him, yet deny them the straw to do so.

We are told that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. To tell a defeated joyless Christian who has not been shown HOW to walk in their new nature, yet demand new nature actions will not lead to revival. It will simply be anotherlayer of guilt the sheep are laden down with.

However, when a man or woman learns that they can "dis-identify" with their carnal nature and by faith put on their new nature and be equipped to fight satan when he either temps or accuses, to their wonder and joyful amazement, they find their shield of faith is REAL, and the word of God is powerful, trust me, they will walk just as God wants them to walk.

I love you brother, and I so pray I do not offend tou, but there is very subtle legslism in what you are sharing. You are trying to get the actions..... fruits.... from men and women without first mling sure that they are abiding in the vine. so the cart is before the horse.

Suppose a man is still dogged by a sin. He then, urged on by guilt, begins to go witness and heal. And when he goes, with no joy, still walking in his old nature, are you saying that by doing these actions you propose that the old nature will become the new? Faith must be first.

The only action required after believing who we are in Christ is to personalize it and get our shield of faith UP, as we finally come into agreement with God that we are no longer in the flesh and owe it nothing. Only then can we yield ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead, and truly begin to abide in Him.

Without that, I can assure you that no one is going to say of us "Behold how they love one another!" Few if any are going to come up and asks us the reason we glow from the inside out. As to turning the world upside down, trust me, that day is coming, but there is going to have to be a great awakening and lighting of our lamps first.

How are we known as true Chrisitians. By whether or not we preach and heal? Nope. It is by our fruits, those God weaved characteristics the master potter grows inside us. I pray this makes sense.

I love you brother.

Gids

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. The 120 had seen Jesus risen and in his glorified body. They had heard his words. They then saw Him taken up into Heaven. Did they immediately begin to witness and heal? No, they began to hide, fearful of the Jews and the repercussions of them being part of "the way".

When the Holy Spirit fell on them, only then did boldness overtake them. Joy became their strength and out of that strength, they simply let their lights shine in whatever way God shone through them. Did all become street evangelists? Nope. It seems you are putting forth that we all must be arms or legs, when we are specifically instructed to simply be led by God and do our particular calling.

To take a stand that unless we begin to go preach and lay hands on the sick, we are in disobedience and are not saved is simply not true.

A new awakening is beginning, and even now, I do not believe that the Spirit has been fully outpoired. Bones are rattling, yes indeed. Muscle is regenerating. Yup. But there will come a glorious day, our day of Pentecost, when real life, God's full power shall indwell ALL who are wheat.

To tell a joyless believer that he is disobedient by not witnessing and healing is like Pharoah commanding the Israelites to make bricks for him, yet deny them the straw to do so.

We are told that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. To tell a defeated joyless Christian who has not been shown HOW to walk in their new nature, yet demand new nature actions will not lead to revival. It will simply be anotherlayer of guilt the sheep are laden down with.

However, when a man or woman learns that they can "dis-identify" with their carnal nature and by faith put on their new nature and be equipped to fight satan when he either temps or accuses, to their wonder and joyful amazement, they find their shield of faith is REAL, and the word of God is powerful, trust me, they will walk just as God wants them to walk.

I love you brother, and I so pray I do not offend tou, but there is very subtle legslism in what you are sharing. You are trying to get the actions..... fruits.... from men and women without first mling sure that they are abiding in the vine. so the cart is before the horse.

Suppose a man is still dogged by a sin. He then, urged on by guilt, begins to go witness and heal. And when he goes, with no joy, still walking in his old nature, are you saying that by doing these actions you propose that the old nature will become the new? Faith must be first.

The only action required after believing who we are in Christ is to personalize it and get our shield of faith UP, as we finally come into agreement with God that we are no longer in the flesh and owe it nothing. Only then can we yield ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead, and truly begin to abide in Him.

Without that, I can assure you that no one is going to say of us "Behold how they love one another!" Few if any are going to come up and asks us the reason we glow from the inside out. As to turning the world upside down, trust me, that day is coming, but there is going to have to be a great awakening and lighting of our lamps first.

How are we known as true Chrisitians. By whether or not we preach and heal? Nope. It is by our fruits, those God weaved characteristics the master potter grows inside us. I pray this makes sense.

I love you brother.

Gids
On the contrary in every case I speak of one who has been baptised in the holy Spirit .the Holy Spirit is not lacking in power.in fact he is God in us.
For what purpose? To be his witnesses .
The command is to obey Jesus .
How do we know we live him ?when we obey him.
How do we know when we are deceived? When we hear his word but don't do it.

I'm as you .. I believed his word.
But then I see that when we truly believe something. We act on it. Tgus action is an activation of belief.not has a name.it's called Faith.

Read the faith chapter -as we call it.
In it all the men of faith are not listed because of something they had..but because of an action they did.the believed God and so took action .

The highest will of God is life for he is life and he is love.
To know the lost Are as the beggar robbed and beaten on the road and require help to save them ..and to not act on it even though you know it is what your supposed to do, you know it is the fathers will ,you know you do not require Any specific instruction or guidance to do it, is to be as the religious priest and Pharisee...walking by the man with great religious justification for doing so.
But it was the Samaritan who, without religious mindset or motive,simply DID what was right that recieves God's comendation.for he takes action waiting for no specific instruction to do so.

Godly love does not wait around for religious approval. It's just gets going and trust God to be guided how ..

Godly love never justifies knowing what is right to do and not doing it.
It is always at all times 100% right to Go heal the sick preach the Gospel drive out devil's raise the dead baptize in Jesus name and make more disciples who will do the same... Teaching them also to DO all that Jesus command ...

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hey Bibs, good to see you again.

James talks of the early and the latter rain. They were the beneficiaries of the early rain, but as foretold to Paul, after his death, grievous wolves came in wearings sheeps clothing, and as a result, the church slowly became a man run institution rather than the spiritual dynamo called the church.
G'Day Gids! My reply to your post has taken awhile (six weeks) but as I deem the Latter-Rain to have commenced at the beginning of the Church Age and that I struggle with the non-Biblical concept of revival I decided to lay laid low on the topic; not that the benefits of times of revival are bad, in fact far from it, but our expectations of what a revival should be and with what we expect the long term outcomes to be are where I feel trouble arises.

Over the next week I will start a new thread on Azusa Street, my first thread in awhile, which should help to explain what I have glossed over in this post.

Back in 2012 I purchased a book that was on special for $5.00 about an English Pentecostal Pioneer that I could not ever recall reading about by the name of Rev. Alexander Boddy and particularly with his 'Pentecostal' work within the Anglican Church in England. This book was certainly insightful as it allowed me to better understand how the English and European Full Gospel movements developed seperately from that of Azusa Street.

Then sometime in 2015 I purchased another book titled Azusa Street by Frank Bartleman (d.1935) who detailed the revivals within the Los Angeles region starting prior to that of William Seymour; other than skimming through a few pages it remained essentially unread up until a few weeks back.

Then I came across another book about two weeks back titled Joseph Smale - God's 'Moses' for Pentecostalism (2014) by Tim Welch. Anyway, I found the three books with their interconnecting information to a wonderful resource which is why I will start a new thread on Azusa Street with its connections to this particular thread.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
G'Day Gids! My reply to your post has taken awhile (six weeks) but as I deem the Latter-Rain to have commenced at the beginning of the Church Age and that I struggle with the non-Biblical concept of revival I decided to lay laid low on the topic; not that the benefits of times of revival are bad, in fact far from it, but our expectations of what a revival should be and with what we expect the long term outcomes to be are where I feel trouble arises.

Over the next week I will start a new thread on Azusa Street, my first thread in awhile, which should help to explain what I have glossed over in this post.

Back in 2012 I purchased a book that was on special for $5.00 about an English Pentecostal Pioneer that I could not ever recall reading about by the name of Rev. Alexander Boddy and particularly with his 'Pentecostal' work within the Anglican Church in England. This book was certainly insightful as it allowed me to better understand how the English and European Full Gospel movements developed seperately from that of Azusa Street.

Then sometime in 2015 I purchased another book titled Azusa Street by Frank Bartleman (d.1935) who detailed the revivals within the Los Angeles region starting prior to that of William Seymour; other than skimming through a few pages it remained essentially unread up until a few weeks back.

Then I came across another book about two weeks back titled Joseph Smale - God's 'Moses' for Pentecostalism (2014) by Tim Welch. Anyway, I found the three books with their interconnecting information to a wonderful resource which is why I will start a new thread on Azusa Street with its connections to this particular thread.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if a man does this then his works are works of guilt .his works are works of iniquity.
he needs first to repent from his works of sin .

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi Bibs, I want you and every reader here to know that what I am about to share here is not done our of disrespect or judgment. Every word is motivated by loved , in hopes that what God has given me to share will penetrate the slumber that has overtaken us, and totally dispell the thick mist of unbelief that has hardened our hearts.

We are told that there will come a day that God's people will indeed experience healing, but only 'slightly'. Is that not exactly where we find ourselves?

You mention Asuza Street. How blessed they were as they sought God for rain. But are we forced to look back over one hundred years to try to justify that we are walk just fine and that sirely, our God is well pleased with us? There is no question that a big mercy drop fell on Azusa Street. But we have ralllied around it for far too long, trying to warm ourselves from someone eleses fire. It is time we build our own.

We have, as Pentecostals and Charismatics, become content with once-a-week Christianity. While evil men wax worse and worse, and the world contines to look more and more like the devil himself, can we truthfully say the same about our light and love?

Can anyone here even compare our efforts to their personal hunger and zeal that so drove those of a hundred years ago into th Holy of Holies? And what would those good souls say if they could witness what we have done with the spiritual treasures they received from the hand of God?

Can anyone here say they are truly running their race as if there is but one prize? The sheep, truly called of God, are scattered over every high hill, and the shepherds, those called to prayer, fasting and ministry of the word so that the speep would grow up into Him in ALL things, are now CEOs, competing for sheep with programs, fancier sanctuaries, and professional marketing techniques. God says that we have blasphemed His Holy name wherever we have gone. Oh, our doctrines may all be in order, but our hearts? Hmm, not so much.

And yet we have the nerve to say all is well, while we run headlong into the darkest period of man's history with contentment that all is just great because He is all ours. The problem is that we are not 'all His'. Yet it never even dawns on us that these things ought not be so.

We have a gospel that preaches forgiveness a thousand different ways, every single Sunday, in churches all over the world, to the point we have become numb to it, slowly turning grace into the reason we should not be concerned about continuing to serve sin and self. But as to how to overcome besetting sins in our lives, or to grow in holiness, or to see fruits of the Spirit swell and come into full display in our hearts, our pulpits are as silent as our hearts are empty.

And why is that? To be bone honest, is it not because our pastors and leaders, those entrusted to plant us into an abiding overcoming relationship with God, where holiness is not look on as legalism or as if it is a dirty word, do not know how to be free themselves? Where once we were self loving creatures with big sins, now we are religious self loving creatures with littler sins. Brothers and sisters, may I encourage you? God has far better things in store for us, things that we have not yet even dreamed.

Does it ever cross our minds that we have become the very definition of Laodecia? Can anyone here say that we are walking in all God has for us? Are we seeking Him with ALL of our hearts, or do we reason "Well, we have done that seeking you speak of already, and now we speak in tongues, so check that one off our list." And if there is a hint of conviction, still we find no reason to move from our lethary, for heck, we have been forgiven for that as well!

Make no mistake. The separation is beginning. Good WILL separate from evil. Light WILL separate from darkness. The multitude in the middle will be faced with a choice in the days ahead.... all Him or all me. And praise God, it will not be because of our efforts that we finally walk pleasingto God, but because we admit our great need and finally trust God to be the master potter, and set us free from our Romans 7 prison.

To those living in contentment in their Romans 7 Christianity, with sin, self and this world still lording it over them, with no real desire for victory, painful chastening may be the only thing to save and awaken them, yet God will do it because He loves us so, and for no other reason.

But for those of you who read the words and who hate your weaknesses, your worldliness, and your lukewarm heart, who are bound by sin and self but long, like Paul did, to be truly "free indeed", may I encourage you that God will not leave you scattered over every high hill. The darkess and the defeat that has plagued us is about to be dispelled. If need be, God will come and carry us back on His own strong shoulders, for His house WILL be full.

Bibs, some people resist what I share because they do not see where a 'revival' is prophesied. Some have been turned off to that term because of localized stirrings we call revivals that have led to excesses such as promised of gold dust and the baying of barking dogs, but never led to holy, fruit-filled lives. Because of these things, doubting that a final great outpouring is still in our future is very understandable. What is not, though, is why our hearts do not hunger for it. We are in a great famine. It is not a famine of the word of God. It is, however, a famine of HEARING it.

Guys, there can be no mistake. A final awakening will occur. God is not comng back for an anesthesized church. We will not, as God's church, start with an explosion of joy, love and power, and make our exit with shame and religious, lukewarm hearts.

The next step in our awakening is hunger. Multitudes are going to become hungry for more, for a closer walk with God, one where, when they enter there prayer closet, God immediately responds "Here am I." That should excite it beyond words. But sadly, multitudes of hearts whispers "Meh, I have need of nothing, I have forgiveness so why sweat it?". For these, the chastening is about to begin. Love calls for nothing less.

I fully know how hard these words can be to hear, and that I must be thought a hard, legalistic judger of hearts, but these words are said with love and concern. They may not be what we want to hear, but they are exactly what we NEED to hear.

The only question is:

Are we thsoe who have ears to hear and hear not, or are we those who hear and receive the words, not matter the cost? In the end, as the valley of decision looms on the horizon, that question will be the razor edge that will separate the tares from the wheat.

Blessings, Bibs, you know that I love you.

Gideon

Upvote 0