K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the real problem, isn't it?

If a person does want to hear something, we get dismissive.

I was talking to the Lord brief, and I mean very briefly, about someone think my telling them to listen to the Lord was rambling. While I try to cover the objections and still let people know that the one thing they need to do is listen to the Lord Jesus Christ by faith, maybe it does come across as rambling.

This morning in my time with Him He just bolding exclaimed "They are being dismissive."

Then He goes on to explain that their being dismissive of Him has always been the problem!

Yeah - I see that - People just don't like the idea that God is there with us so they dismiss the idea. That is the reason they don't hear Him. They don't want to.

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you finger pointing? Have you checked out the quality of what they are being told? You didn't explain to us the basis of the statement "just don't like the idea that God is there with us so they dismiss the idea". God communicates in meaningful words with persons whom He respects (whether through you or me or other means). Therefore you haven't given us any basis for discussion.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Delivery is an important part of reception. Sometimes messages fall through the cracks because of the messenger. Or the individual is operating outside of God's timeline. I see many things I don't address. I may be the wrong person or the Lord hasn't given me the green light to do so.

Relational currency is another factor that goes ignored. There are truths you can't convey without the requisite bond and respect of the hearer. Unless the Lord gives you a word it falls on deaf ears.

Your walk plays a part. Practicing what you preach is a must.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: xaris
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don’t be dismissive. All people can’t hear. But keep trying. It makes me mad too. If you are standing for Christ in the way you want... you have to take the good with the bad. At church people don’t want to listen to me so I keep it simple. Where are you from? @K2K

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I was talking to the Lord brief, and I mean very briefly, about someone think my telling them to listen to the Lord was rambling. While I try to cover the objections and still let people know that the one thing they need to do is listen to the Lord Jesus Christ by faith, maybe it does come across as rambling.

This morning in my time with Him He just bolding exclaimed "They are being dismissive."

Then He goes on to explain that their being dismissive of Him has always been the problem!

Yeah - I see that - People just don't like the idea that God is there with us so they dismiss the idea. That is the reason they don't hear Him. They don't want to.

Sounds like your being just as dismissive of the points of others, as your accusing them of being...

Jesus said "Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

Every word. Not just ones that appear to agree with you on the surface.

It's about getting to the heart of what God means when He speaks a thing, and sometimes, he's speaking to you and your the one without ears to hear what He's trying to say to you.

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I made a statement to you about your 'rambling' in another thread. Notice, I made it to you directly. I did not start another thread in order to gossip about you, and drag the Lord Jesus into the conversation/gossip. You have just made this 'imaginary Jesus' of yours to contradict our real Jesus, who told us "If you have a matter against a brother, go and tell him ALONE" (Mt 18:15).

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I made a statement to you about your 'rambling' in another thread. Notice, I made it to you directly. I did not start another thread in order to gossip about you, and drag the Lord Jesus into the conversation/gossip. You have just made this 'imaginary Jesus' of yours to contradict our real Jesus, who told us "If you have a matter against a brother, go and tell him ALONE" (Mt 18:15).

I don't drag Jesus Christ anywhere. You should know that is not possible. But I do talk to Him and He points out things. You think I imagine Him, but that is not what happened and certainly not what I wrote.

Also, I certainly don't have anything against you, but I do try to get people to seek Him. He is not a being you imagine, but God is spirit. So you talk to Him via you spirit and He picks it up via His Holy Spirit. Then He talk to you via His Holy Spirit to your spirit, so that the words He has for you in your spirit.

Still, some people dismiss that possibility, that He is there at the door knocking with His voice. A person like that might think all others are just imagining things, but that would simply mean that they have dismissed the idea of Him actually being there to be heard from. In the Bible you generally see that as "rejecting" Him. It is the same thing.

Ps 118:22 The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner stone.

Jer 8:9 “The wise men are put to shame,
They are dismayed and caught;
Behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD,
And what kind of wisdom do they have?

This thread is about dismissing the idea that the Lord can talk to us. Dismissing the idea that the Lord can talk to us is to have rejected the word of the Lord. And searching the Scriptures is not the same as hearing His words.

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

That is what happens. People often reject Him and so the idea that He could talk to them, and that because they are unwilling to come to Him. The Scriptures testify about Him, but they say that He is just an imagination. Perhaps He died and has not come back alive, or perhaps He ascended into some far off place called heaven, but what ever they tell themselves that He is certainly not around to be heard from like the Scriptures and others testify to. They have dismessed/rejected Him.

I don't write that because I don't like them, but because I want to help them!!

Jesus said that if anyone (which would included them) heard His voice and opened the door He would come into them and eat with them and them with Him. (Rev 3:20)

Maybe this sounds like rambling, or maybe someone thinks I don't like them, but God is love and He wants to help them. Still, first they need to believe in Him so that they will seek Him, and all those who seek find. But will they believe that?

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like your being just as dismissive of the points of others, as your accusing them of being...

Jesus said "Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

Every word. Not just ones that appear to agree with you on the surface.

It's about getting to the heart of what God means when He speaks a thing, and sometimes, he's speaking to you and your the one without ears to hear what He's trying to say to you.

Did you not realize that this "Dismissive" has nothing to do with me but everything to do with Jesus Christ. Did I not make it clear that He told me "dismissive", so then to write that I am being dismissive is you being dismissive of Him. You rejected the testimony I had about Him, which is rejecting Him. Why don't you seek Him, then you will not be rejecting Him. Instead you want to write me and dismiss the concept that He might exist and thus prove He is correct by pointing out that the problem is that people dismissive Him.

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't drag Jesus Christ anywhere. You should know that is not possible. But I do talk to Him and He points out things. You think I imagine Him, but that is not what happened and certainly not what I wrote.

Also, I certainly don't have anything against you, but I do try to get people to seek Him. He is not a being you imagine, but God is spirit. So you talk to Him via you spirit and He picks it up via His Holy Spirit. Then He talk to you via His Holy Spirit to your spirit, so that the words He has for you in your spirit.

Still, some people dismiss that possibility, that He is there at the door knocking with His voice. A person like that might think all others are just imagining things, but that would simply mean that they have dismissed the idea of Him actually being there to be heard from. In the Bible you generally see that as "rejecting" Him. It is the same thing.

Ps 118:22 The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner stone.

Jer 8:9 “The wise men are put to shame,
They are dismayed and caught;
Behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD,
And what kind of wisdom do they have?

This thread is about dismissing the idea that the Lord can talk to us. Dismissing the idea that the Lord can talk to us is to have rejected the word of the Lord. And searching the Scriptures is not the same as hearing His words.

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

That is what happens. People often reject Him and so the idea that He could talk to them, and that because they are unwilling to come to Him. The Scriptures testify about Him, but they say that He is just an imagination. Perhaps He died and has not come back alive, or perhaps He ascended into some far off place called heaven, but what ever they tell themselves that He is certainly not around to be heard from like the Scriptures and others testify to. They have dismessed/rejected Him.

I don't write that because I don't like them, but because I want to help them!!

Jesus said that if anyone (which would included them) heard His voice and opened the door He would come into them and eat with them and them with Him. (Rev 3:20)

Maybe this sounds like rambling, or maybe someone thinks I don't like them, but God is love and He wants to help them. Still, first they need to believe in Him so that they will seek Him, and all those who seek find. But will they believe that?
The Lord knows each and every particular and will deal accordingly.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

have you considered that mankind's blindness and deafness to the truth is not something outside His purpose He has purposed in Himself ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord knows each and every particular and will deal accordingly.

Yes and He does, not 'will'.

Again, we tend to make Jesus Christ someone of the past and/or future, but we dismiss the concept of Him being there with us right now!!!

Now it might be that He will postpone His actions for a reason, but if we believe that He knows each and every particular detail then aren't we talking to Him now?? Why do we keep thinking "He will"?

I might seem to be going a bit overboard on this issue, but it is the problem!!!

Paul explained that he took all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. That is a belief that the Lord was always with Him, so Paul was not dismissing the Lord as being in his life now. Thus Paul had thought and talked them over with the Lord, and people, Paul heard from the Lord Jesus Christ!

In the OP, I let you in on a conversation I was having with the Lord. I am not as good as Paul, in that I don't always take every thought captive to Jesus Christ, but I do understand that He is always with Me, so I do take thoughts to Him. In the OP I was asking Him about whether I was rambling too much.

I mean, it does seem like I can get to rambling. Perhaps I am doing that right now, correct?

Never-the-less, I was taking that thought to Jesus Christ and I got corrected by Him instantly. He talked to me about the problem is that people get dismissive of Him. When that happens it tends to mean have a lot to say, because they don't want to listen. You can see that in the following verse!

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes and He does, not 'will'.

Again, we tend to make Jesus Christ someone of the past and/or future, but we dismiss the concept of Him being there with us right now!!!

Now it might be that He will postpone His actions for a reason, but if we believe that He knows each and every particular detail then aren't we talking to Him now?? Why do we keep thinking "He will"?

I might seem to be going a bit overboard on this issue, but it is the problem!!!

Paul explained that he took all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. That is a belief that the Lord was always with Him, so Paul was not dismissing the Lord as being in his life now. Thus Paul had thought and talked them over with the Lord, and people, Paul heard from the Lord Jesus Christ!

In the OP, I let you in on a conversation I was having with the Lord. I am not as good as Paul, in that I don't always take every thought captive to Jesus Christ, but I do understand that He is always with Me, so I do take thoughts to Him. In the OP I was asking Him about whether I was rambling too much.

I mean, it does seem like I can get to rambling. Perhaps I am doing that right now, correct?

Never-the-less, I was taking that thought to Jesus Christ and I got corrected by Him instantly. He talked to me about the problem is that people get dismissive of Him. When that happens it tends to mean have a lot to say, because they don't want to listen. You can see that in the following verse!

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
Yes, you're rambling again'.
He will because He says He will...

Romans 12:19 KJV
[19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

But I guess you already knew that because the Lord supposedly talks to you directly. (even though you talk about others indirectly i.e., behind their backs).

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you finger pointing? Have you checked out the quality of what they are being told? You didn't explain to us the basis of the statement "just don't like the idea that God is there with us so they dismiss the idea". God communicates in meaningful words with persons whom He respects (whether through you or me or other means). Therefore you haven't given us any basis for discussion.

For there is no respect of persons with God.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm unable to trace all the threads. Therefore I can't find out what this "running row" is about. Will the two of you please either cite properly or make this fizzle out.

What has vengeance got to do with it? The Lord specially told me He doesn't avenge Himself on ramblers - I know it was Him because He is With Me even more than He is With You.

Reactions: xaris
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you not realize that this "Dismissive" has nothing to do with me but everything to do with Jesus Christ.

Christians are able to disagree concerning matters of theology without any dismissal of Christ occurring on either side...

To put disagreement of your theories on par with rejection of or dismissal of Christ is hubris on your part.

Did I not make it clear that He told me "dismissive", so then to write that I am being dismissive is you being dismissive of Him.

Uh.. no. It's not me dismissing Christ.

Do you have mental health issues? I'm not accusing, just curious..

I ask because it's really looking like there are fairly serious challenges with how you seem to be processing information within the context of a conversation.

You rejected the testimony I had about Him, which is rejecting Him.

Again, no... I gave you an alternative way to understand what you "heard"... that's most certainly not rejection of Christ.

Why don't you seek Him, then you will not be rejecting Him.

I don't reject Christ, I'm a saved child of the living God... I don't need to seek what's not lost, but is rather an ever present reality in my life.

Instead you want to write me and dismiss the concept that He might exist

When exactly did I ever "dismiss" the concept that Christ exists... ? That's the biggest leap of imagination ever.

Again, there are some serious issues with how you seem to be processing information within the context of a conversation..

Do you have mental health issues making normal conversation challenging?

It's not an accusation, I'm genuinely curious...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I see a weakness here in your approach. Apparently you've had a difference of opinion here with another poster so you started this thread and yes they have responded. Go back and see what you've claimed,

"This morning in my time with Him He just bolding exclaimed "They are being dismissive."

That's what you assert is what happened. But what can anyone put out to challenge you that you might just be wrong or that you were just being moved by your own thoughts and feelings? . NOTHING. I mean after all God said this and how can one question God? You even go so far to say he boldly exclaimed it doubling up what you're saying it's truth in the absolutes. You do realize correct that many seek to do that? Shut down any genuine questions that what they hold to be true isn't maybe valid? I tell people be very, very careful if someone seeks to do that or speak such words to your mind. Such can be the way of cults.

Might I suggest a proper way of wisdom even if you truly thought God said that would be rather to just make a kind suggestion....a question....and leave it at that? In other words you ask "Are you sure you're not just being dismissive" If they still think NO then leave it alone. By your making God told me this about a person (statements) and you publicly sharing such (in the manner you have) it pretty much makes me think he never told you anything about it at all for reasons I won't get into explaining. It is always good to seek to hear the voice of the good Sheppard but just don't leave the impression you're successful at doing so 100% of the time. I don't think anybody is. Sincerely God Bless.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see a weakness here in your approach. Apparently you've had a difference of opinion here with another poster so you started this thread and yes they have responded. Go back and see what you've claimed,

It should have been apparent that I had a conversation with the Lord - yet people read the OP and dismiss what was written and conclude the I apparently had a difference of opinion with another poster. Thereby proving the accuracy of what the Lord told me!!!!

Let me just bring up what I wrote in the OP and give it an honest look - what am I writing?

We all have thoughts, and since supposedly we also have Jesus Christ as our Lord, Teacher, and Wonderful Counselor, then we should be taking those thoughts to Him and hearing what He has to say about them!!!

That is what I did!! But people have dismissed that idea! And not just any people, but Christians coming to a Christian forum!

He said His sheep hear His voice, and so the OP was a testimony, and He has proven to be correct based on the responses.

To review the OP, I was having a brief conversation with Him. Someone on the forum (and it is not important who, just someone) had told me that I was just rambling. I know I write long, but I feel I do that to try and make things clear and cover the issues. Still, because I go long I thought I should take the comments about me rambling to the Lord. I felt there must be something to the comment and if you feel there might be something to comments made to you, should you not take them to the Lord and listen to what He has to say to you?? That is what I did, and I was expecting Him to tell me it was so.

Instead He clearly told me the problem was that people dismiss the idea that He might be heard from. Indeed, people dismissing the fact that He is there to be heard from is our problem!! He, explained.

Was He right?

It seems He was right, because people write back with "Apparently you've had a difference of opinion here with another poster so you started this thread" - when it should have been apparent the I took a thought I had to the Lord and listen to Him. It should have been apparent that His response was the reason I started the thread. I was trying to tell Christians that the Lord told me that the problem is that people dismiss the idea that He is there to be heard from.

Is not the only way a person could have read the OP and thought otherwise is that they did dismiss the idea that He is there to be heard from!! So He was correct, again.

Considering that He was correct, should Christians not take their thoughts to the Lord and listen to what He has to say about them?

Upvote 0