✟44,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone.

For the past two or three weeks, my depression has all but consumed me. I can barely wake up in the morning. I do nothing but sit and watch Netflix while hating myself for the hours that pass me by. I have gone back to unhealthy coping mechanisms: I barely eat, I occasionally engage in some sexually immoral behavior, and sometimes I have even gone so far as to hurt myself.
This is very distressing to me because I was doing better for a while. I know God is here and He is listening, but I want Him to just take this from me. I'm exhausted and with every day that passes, I feel like I'm falling further and further out of reach.

I need prayers. Please pray for me....thank you all.

Edit: sorry for the typo in the title! I was typing too quickly

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone.

For the past two or three weeks, my depression has all but consumed me. I can barely wake up in the morning. I do nothing but sit and watch Netflix while hating myself for the hours that pass me by. I have gone back to unhealthy coping mechanisms: I barely eat, I occasionally engage in some sexually immoral behavior, and sometimes I have even gone so far as to hurt myself.
This is very distressing to me because I was doing better for a while. I know God is here and He is listening, but I want Him to just take this from me. I'm exhausted and with every day that passes, I feel like I'm falling further and further out of reach.

The best cure for depression is to focus your attention on helping other people with their problems, or doing random acts of kindness.

An example:

I was feeling depressed yesterday morning and so I went to McDonald's for breakfast. I used the drive-thru and when I got to the window to pay, I found that the person in front of me paid for my food. Not only did that make me happy, but it gave me the idea of doing the same for others.

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." ~ Matthew 5:14-16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone.

Father, I pray that those that should and can change their focus because of depression, do so. I pray the focus that is causing the depression will be shifted to that which will replace the depression; namely to You and Your great love for us, as well as the blessing You have given us, are giving us, and will give us. Amen.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,789.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone.

Depression is a horrible thing and I will pray that God will pull you out of that dark hole. Sometimes the best recovery from depression is complete rest and it can also be a good time to be introspective and do some spiritual growth. There is no wrong in doing nothing, but letting yourself heal. Stay away from sexual immorality as that prevents you from growing and takes you further from God. Try to read the Gospels with an open heart so that you draw closer to God and pray for the forgiveness of your sins; pray always that so that God heals/strengthens you for the battle ahead. Sometimes the only way out is to go through the storm and we need God's power to get us there.

Please come back here if you need more prayer. God be with you & heal you Megan.

Last edited:
Reactions: megan_26
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, I lift up @megan_26 to You and ask you to open her eyes to Your great love for her. Reveal to her the source of her depression and guide her in how to deal with it.

“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2017-11-10_11-34-51.jpeg
(((Megan))) We can sense your depression from your post and sit with you watching netflix.

Yes, you used a good word: consumed. Depression is a downward spiral unless YOU stop it. Now that you know others are praying for you, that we know you are suffering and we know how bad you feel... begin to take our strength and God's love for you to make it better.

It's our negative thinking that feeds depression. While imo depression can be caused by many things--sometimes even medications--through no fault of our own, it deepens because of our thoughts that feed it. But you can counter it by thinking of good things. Oooo I know you don't feel like that, and maybe don't want to and maybe even cannot even think of anything good... but you do know God is good so think about HIM and His love (even if you don't feel it right now.)

Depression makes us believe lies. Check those thoughts at the door! Don't doubt in the dark what you knew to be true in the light, ok? You haven't always been depressed and before long you won't be again, and you'll be even wiser about not feeding it if there's a next time. ;) :prayer:

Upvote 0