SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It was a crime prevention practice. It was done in areas where there was an extraordinary amount of crime.
It targeted Black and Hispanic people, it did not prevent crime. That's why the crime rate was unaffected after the practice was stopped. There was not an extraordinary amount of crime, NYC is safe city.

• Agree
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,099.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oooh! :eek: That is terrible! I am glad you were able to get away! You out ran 10?? How old were you when this happened?
I was probably around 20. But look, you posted videos of people being treated as suspicious. Yes, I've had that too. One time I was at Walmart trying to do that thing where you make a check out for more than the purchase price and get cash back. The white cashier whispered something to a white manager type guy, and for reasons I don't know, he suspected me of trying to write a hot check or something. He takes my ID and asks me to recite my driver's license number. I can't do that. Who memorizes their license number? I ask him why he's doing all this and he just says things like "I see this stuff all the time!". He was some guy trying to play Dick Tracy or something, I don't know. I have no idea why he singled me out. Some people are weird, some people are jerks.

I've been pulled over, and a white cop thought a part of a metal drum stand in the back seat was a weapon. He was going to arrest me for having an illegal weapon until, after a long discussion, another cop decided it really probably was just a piece of musical equipment. I could give you many more examples. I had a white friend beaten up by white cops, and hospitalized, because he smarted off to them on a traffic stop about not using his traffic signal. What I wish people understood is that this stuff happens to everybody.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I was probably around 20. But look, you posted videos of people being treated as suspicious. Yes, I've had that too. One time I was at Walmart trying to do that thing where you make a check out for more than the purchase price and get cash back. The white cashier whispered something to a white manager type guy, and for reasons I don't know, he suspected me of trying to write a hot check or something. He takes my ID and asks me to recite my driver's license number. I can't do that. Who memorizes their license number? I ask him why he's doing all this and he just says things like "I see this stuff all the time!". He was some guy trying to play Dick Tracy or something, I don't know. I have no idea why he singled me out. Some people are weird, some people are jerks.

I've been pulled over, and a white cop thought a part of a metal drum stand in the back seat was a weapon. He was going to arrest me for having an illegal weapon until, after a long discussion, another cop decided it really probably was just a piece of musical equipment. I could give you many more examples. I had a white friend beaten up by white cops, and hospitalized, because he smarted off to them on a traffic stop about not using his traffic signal. What I wish people understood is that this stuff happens to everybody.
It doesn't happen to everybody at the same rate. Your argument is ridiculous on its face. You want to argue that because of your experience, that negates the experience of others. Black people in America receive disproportionate mistreatment by police. For instance, in Baltimore, a black man in his mid-50s who was stopped 30 times in less than four years. None of the stops led to a citation or criminal charge. This doesn't happen to everybody; the fact that you are singling out an episode from when you were 20 is funny because for many black people, there are multiple occasions where they have an encounter with police or some self-identified authority. There are multiple studies that prove this, it does not mean that white people have no such encounters, but black people have more of these encounters and the data also shows racial bias as opposed to behavior or crime is the reason. Stop trying to negate others experience, especially when the statistics don't even support your argument.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,099.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It targeted Black and Hispanic people, it did not prevent crime. That's why the crime rate was unaffected after the practice was stopped.
It was likely unaffected because stop-and-frisk caused people to stop carrying guns for a while.
There was not an extraordinary amount of crime, NYC is safe city.
You and AC/DC are the only people I've ever heard say that.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,099.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't happen to everybody at the same rate. Your argument is ridiculous on its face. You want to argue that because of your experience, that negates the experience of others. Black people in America receive disproportionate mistreatment by police. For instance, in Baltimore, a black man in his mid-50s who was stopped 30 times in less than four years. None of the stops led to a citation or criminal charge. This doesn't happen to everybody; the fact that you are singling out an episode from when you were 20 is funny because for many black people, there are multiple occasions where they have an encounter with police or some self-identified authority. There are multiple studies that prove this, it does not mean that white people have no such encounters, but black people have more of these encounters and the data also shows racial bias as opposed to behavior or crime is the reason. Stop trying to negate others experience, especially when the statistics don't even support your argument.
The statistics totally support my argument. Blacks receive more mistreatment, which is because they have more encounters with police, which is because they commit more crime.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,099.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The statistics totally support my argument. Blacks receive more mistreatment, which is because they have more encounters with police, which is because they commit more crime.

Just common sense.

I've spent some time there. It is a lot safer post-Giuliani.
Still making claims with no evidence. Since you can't provide evidence from an studies, it's apparent you can't back it up. Blouses.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You and AC/DC are the only people I've ever heard say that.

AC/DC were from Australia. By Australian standards, New York has always been a violence-ridden hellhole.

St. Louis, Baltimore, San Juan, and Detroit have the dubious honour of making the world's "most violent 50 cities" list. Compared to them, New York is peaceful.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
As I’ve discovered in another thread, this isn’t about people. It’s about numbers and stats. It’s not about police brutality. It’s about percentages. It’s not about how many black suffer police brutality. It’s that the percentage is higher than the percentage of blacks in this country.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As I’ve discovered in another thread, this isn’t about people. It’s about numbers and stats. It’s not about police brutality. It’s about percentages. It’s not about how many black suffer police brutality. It’s that the percentage is higher than the percentage of blacks in this country.
I believe numbers and stats about a subject are "about" that particular subject. This is a very strange attempt to, well, I'm not sure what the point is. Is it designed to be dismissive of something?

Seems like this one needs to go back to the talking-points store for a refund or exchange for a working model.

• Winner
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The thing about this "white supremacy" it has been built up into a specter. White people of today do not tolerate it. Yes, there are fringe groups, but they are on the fringe because they are not accepted by main stream society. As a whole, or even vast majority.... where are these roving gangs of scary white people in pointy hats lynching blacks and beating them in the streets? They are not there. They do not exist except in one faction. The authorities.

White supremacists are out there but in extremely small numbers and in most cases not in any form of leadership role. Most of them are in gangs like the Arian brotherhood or motorcycle gangs, there may be a few kkk members still lingering but they’re pretty much nonexistent. The percentage of white supremacy population is most likely less than 2% of the white population. I wouldn’t be surprised if the black supremacy population was about the same percentage. The world will always have this problem because there’s good and bad in every race and nothing will ever change that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I believe numbers and stats about a subject are "about" that particular subject. This is a very strange attempt to, well, I'm not sure what the point is. Is it designed to be dismissive of something?

Seems like this one needs to go back to the talking-points store for a refund or exchange for a working model.
From my actual discussions, the point isn’t about people. It’s about numbers. It’s about percentages.

ETA: it’s not about how many blacks are killed. It’s about how many blacks are killed in relation to whites.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From my actual discussions, the point isn’t about people. It’s about numbers. It’s about percentages.

ETA: it’s not about how many blacks are killed. It’s about how many blacks are killed in relation to whites.

Killed by who and for what reason? According to this FBI statistic in 2018 blacks were the leading cause of black homicide by a landslide.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still making claims with no evidence. Since you can't provide evidence from an studies, it's apparent you can't back it up. Blouses.

According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons as of June 6 2020 38% of current inmates in prison are black. That quite an overwhelming number considering that only 12% of America’s population is black.

BOP Statistics: Inmate Race

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons as of June 6 2020 38% of current inmates in prison are black. That quite an overwhelming number considering that only 12% of America’s population is black.

BOP Statistics: Inmate Race
That’s because of white privilege.

Upvote 0