Behold the wood of the cross on which hung the saviour of the world!

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Some good songs there guys thanks :thumbsup:

Yes, thank you. :)

I can't watch MC's right now, unfortunately, but it's always encouraging when someone enjoys something I post and the Trisagion is one of my absolute favorites that we sing in Church for every Divine Liturgy. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Never Mind!

I hope nothing I said in my post distressed or offended you, btw. We can certainly have different opinions, I know, and mine were not always what they are now either.

On top of that, I always feel not-quite-right criticizing a particular church or ministry. I probably need to stop doing that, even for illustrative purposes. :(

Please forgive me, everyone.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hope nothing I said in my post distressed or offended you, btw. We can certainly have different opinions, I know, and mine were not always what they are now either.

On top of that, I always feel not-quite-right criticizing a particular church or ministry. I probably need to stop doing that, even for illustrative purposes. :(

Please forgive me, everyone.

No No that had nothing to do with you Kylissa. You had a point I just didn't want to contradict myself because I believe that as long as the message is there that whatever the motives of the musician shouldn't matter but that's just an opinion of mine when it comes to music.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I love their Christmas music but I have no clue if they're doing it for entertainment purposes or not but it doesn't matter to me because I like the music and the message is there.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No No that had nothing to do with you Kylissa. You had a point I just didn't want to contradict myself because I believe that as long as the message is there that whatever the motives of the musician shouldn't matter but that's just an opinion of mine when it comes to music.

It's like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I love their Christmas music but I have no clue if they're doing it for entertainment purposes or not but it doesn't matter to me because I like the music and the message is there.

That's funny - I was thinking about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir the other day. I used to listen to them quite a bit (I think I did get the music from a friend who was Mormon though). AFAIR it was Christmas music and some hymns, and nothing that had any particular theology that was any problem. I did enjoy it.

You make a good point as well. And I am SO reminded - different styles appeal to different people, and so on. There are some very dear people who love music that I honestly can't stand - but the lyrics may be really good.

And if I consider if it's for entertainment or not - without knowing the thought behind it - then I am assigning motivations to people, and that's not my business. We were talking about that in Bible study last week - and how hard it can be NOT to judge others unfairly.

I actually thank you very much for bringing that up. I need to be more careful, and look to find that kind of thinking in myself and stop doing it. I appreciate your points.

It may yet be wrong to do it for "entertainment" especially when it focuses attention in the wrong place - but it is at least as wrong for me to ASSUME that is what is behind it when I may not know. Judgment of motives should be left to God. (eta: and by that, I mean wrong for the performer to seek to draw attention to himself ... not wrong to listen to music you like and be entertained by it)

That's at least twice this week already I've gotten that message - and I would have thought I'd already learned it. *sigh*

I do thank you though. :) God bless you, dear brother!

Reactions: James Is Back
Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's funny - I was thinking about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir the other day. I used to listen to them quite a bit (I think I did get the music from a friend who was Mormon though). AFAIR it was Christmas music and some hymns, and nothing that had any particular theology that was any problem. I did enjoy it.

You make a good point as well. And I am SO reminded - different styles appeal to different people, and so on. There are some very dear people who love music that I honestly can't stand - but the lyrics may be really good.

And if I consider if it's for entertainment or not - without knowing the thought behind it - then I am assigning motivations to people, and that's not my business. We were talking about that in Bible study last week - and how hard it can be NOT to judge others unfairly.

I actually thank you very much for bringing that up. I need to be more careful, and look to find that kind of thinking in myself and stop doing it. I appreciate your points.

It may yet be wrong to do it for "entertainment" especially when it focuses attention in the wrong place - but it is at least as wrong for me to ASSUME that is what is behind it when I may not know. Judgment of motives should be left to God. (eta: and by that, I mean wrong for the performer to seek to draw attention to himself ... not wrong to listen to music you like and be entertained by it)

That's at least twice this week already I've gotten that message - and I would have thought I'd already learned it. *sigh*

I do thank you though. :) God bless you, dear brother!

Oh not a problem Kylissa Glory goes to God for that one because I did something like that not to long ago and I thank God and give Him Glory for showing me not to judge others.

So Glory goes to God for that :thumbsup:

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

SwordoftheLord

Defender of the Faith
Mar 23, 2009
✟18,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
With a Baptist/Catholic background, I would be interested in your impressions. :)

I think in some ways, having a Catholic background would probably help a person understand many things. But on the other hand, I wonder if it couldn't cause mistaken assumptions.

I'm not really sure, since I'm on the outside looking in of that one. I'm still trying to sort out Catholic theology as a matter of interest to me.

I hope you find it edifying! :)

I will let you know what my impressions are for sure.. I have been interested for awhile honestly.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In my bible it is psalm 21 "(Hebrew numbering 22)" is in the margin so we can discuss the psalm with our separated brethren who use the Hebrew numbering. It's a sad and beautiful psalm.
.17 Many dogs have surrounded me,
a band of the wicked beset me.
They tear holes in my hands and my feet
.16c and lay me in the dust of death.

.18 I can count every one of my bones.
These people stare at me and gloat;
.19 they divide my clothing among them.
They cast lots for my robe.

Great passage!

http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Lazarus
JESUS AND PAUL VS THE OC JUDEAN CIRCUMCISION

Philip 3:2
Beware of the dogs!/kunaV <2965> beware of-the evil workers! beware of-the circumcision!
[Psalm 22:16/Isaiah 56:11/Revelation 22:15]

LUKE 16:
20 "But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,
21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores/elkh <1668>

Sweetly Broken - Jeremy Riddle - YouTube

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
[/INDENT][/INDENT]Great passage!

http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Lazarus
JESUS AND PAUL VS THE OC JUDEAN CIRCUMCISION

Philip 3:2
Beware of the dogs!/kunaV <2965> beware of-the evil workers! beware of-the circumcision!
[Psalm 22:16/Isaiah 56:11/Revelation 22:15]

LUKE 16:
20 "But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,
21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores/elkh <1668>

Sweetly Broken - Jeremy Riddle - YouTube

GREAT song, amigo. Listening now. I had fergotten about this song.....

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will let you know what my impressions are for sure.. I have been interested for awhile honestly.

I thought I had replied to this - my apologies. Sometimes I think my notebook eats posts. ;)

But I do look forward to hearing your impressions. If you post in a new thread, and you happen to remember, please drop me a note if I miss it. I don't always check new threads in GT anymore and sometimes I miss things if they scroll down before I get in the main room. :)

God be with you! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh not a problem Kylissa Glory goes to God for that one because I did something like that not to long ago and I thank God and give Him Glory for showing me not to judge others.

So Glory goes to God for that :thumbsup:

The thing that grieves me is that God DID show me that as well. And I knew better. And yet I must admit that there are times what I was doing was essentially just that, and I hadn't realized it.

I'm thankful to have been shown, and will try to be more careful in the future. Not only do I wish to be charitable, but this is a particular sin I don't wish to be guilty of. We have promised consequences for that one ...

“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. “For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you."

If one desires God's mercy, one ought to be merciful.

Glory to God!

Reactions: James Is Back
Upvote 0