Aug 21, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Visit site
✟9,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The execution video of Eugune Armstrong is the most Godforsaken thing I have ever seen. I almost LITERALLY threw up when I watched it. Disgusting.

Why, God? Why? Why must men suffer for such things...I can't imagine in my wildest dreams the pain he was suffering in those last few seconds....why, God...why...

These men are not worthy of the life that was given to them...I can only hope their end comes soon. SURELY, God, surely people like myself and my friends, people who are UTTERLY INCAPABLE of such death, are better than these foul excuses for human beings. Surely, God, in all of our sinful nature and human hatred, we have not sunk to such low depths as these men in your eyes.

God, I do not think my thanks will ever end to you for placing me in a country where such men do not have free reign to kill as they like...thank you for my safety, Father...

If voting for Bush means the death of maniacs like these people, I am behind him 100%.

God...I...I don't understand...such suffering...

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've stopped watching those things. I saw the last video of the 12 people being executed. They cut the first man's throat and he just lay there wheezing out of the opening in his trachea while drowning in his own blood. Before that point, I felt the need to watch these videos to completely grasp the reality of what was going on. After seeing that horror though, I decided I would never watch another one again. It's mind poison. God have mercy on the fools who do such unspeakable evil.

Upvote 0

Holy Warrior Monk

Sep 21, 2004
Beaverton, OR
✟318.00
Faith
Christian
These vermin who murdered Eugene Armstrong were doing the work of Satan, as prescribed in the Unholy Koran. Islam is the creation of Satan, usedto damn the souls of millions. The Satanic Koran comands it's followers to saw the heads off of innocent people.

[47.4] So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates. That (shall be so); and if Allah had pleased He would certainly have exacted what is due from them, but that He may try some of you by means of others; and (as for) those who are slain in the way of Allah, He will by no means allow their deeds to perish.

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Holy Warrior Monk said:
These vermin who murdered Eugene Armstrong were doing the work of Satan, as prescribed in the Unholy Koran. Islam is the creation of Satan, usedto damn the souls of millions. The Satanic Koran comands it's followers to saw the heads off of innocent people.

You seem to be misreading the verse. The first line refers to a battle, UNTIL you make them a prisoner, in which case you cannot kill them.

What Islam says about Prisoners of War

It is not permitted to punish a prisoner by cutting off any part of his body or breaking any of his bones. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) forbade mutilation of prisoners of war and said, “Do not mutilate.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Reactions: Western Deity
Upvote 0

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
I think we have to assume that those on some "other side" feel much as we do.
When their "innocents" are "murdered", then they feel as we do when our innocents are murdered.
We have people in our ranks, acting in our names, who order and unleash ordinance that ends innocent lives.
They seem to choose to publicise this "worst" that they do to us: we choose to hide the worst that we do to them.
Who is to say who does the worst to whom in such circumstance?
What is wrong is the war. War makes and allows monsters, on all sides. The war must be ended, what causes this war resolved. People of resource must negotiate. The tolerant of both sides must retake the middle ground: and regulate the human world from it.

Upvote 0

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
indeep said:
I mean, why are OUR tv stations showing them
Because, in a democracy, where many no longer trust leaders, there is a need for raw data. Curently we trust video more than our leaders and opinion formers. So, if something is in video form, and knowledge of what it portrays is in the public interest: then we have to put it in public domain.
That having been said, I personally would seek to never view such video: it is enough for me to know that such heinous deeds had been done; I can pick up all else from the testimony of those who have chosen to watch these videos.
That having been said, and to overcome the sanitisation of what we do, through our military: I might choose to watch video of our shells, or our bullets, rip a Muslim body apart; just once, to confirm what I believe I already know about such things, namely that it is my neighbour who thereby dies.
I would also watch video of the inside of the souls of people like Rumsfeld who manipulate to bring about such things. I would watch it with a rising sense of horror: but I would steel myself; for you should know your enemy.

Upvote 0

aLx

Gracias dios por Jesús
Apr 12, 2004
Leicester, England, UK
Visit site
✟8,561.00
Faith
Christian
Good post Bobbie, exactly right.
BlazerSax, you say:
If voting for Bush means the death of maniacs like these people, I am behind him 100%.
I understand your anger at these people is huge and great and you need to let it off. But the death of these people is not going to resolve a thing. Yes it might make you feel better but that is all. These maniacs have families, have friends that are going to be just as angry as you are now and will say exactly the same thing you have just said; that they don't deserve to live. Then what? More people with a wish to kill and terrorise you, your family and your friends. Then what happens? Your friends and family willl want revenge and to kill them. This is just an escalation of hatred, and where is it going to get us?
I urge you that if you believe voting for Bush will change this, please think again. If Bush wins in November it will just be an extension of the violence we have come to see on our TVs today. After all if Bush wasn't around, would we really be in Iraq?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
aLx said:
BlazerSax, you say:

I understand your anger at these people is huge and great and you need to let it off. But the death of these people is not going to resolve a thing. Yes it might make you feel better but that is all. These maniacs have families, have friends that are going to be just as angry as you are now and will say exactly the same thing you have just said; that they don't deserve to live. Then what? More people with a wish to kill and terrorise you, your family and your friends. Then what happens? Your friends and family willl want revenge and to kill them. This is just an escalation of hatred, and where is it going to get us?
I urge you that if you believe voting for Bush will change this, please think again. If Bush wins in November it will just be an extension of the violence we have come to see on our TVs today. After all if Bush wasn't around, would we really be in Iraq?
I think you're right Alx...I can't wait until Kerry sits down at the negotiation table with these guys and is able to work out a deal. If we don't take the first step...than who will???? ;)

Upvote 0

MooCow

Aug 21, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Visit site
✟9,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
aLx said:
BlazerSax, you say:

We wouldn't be in Iraq, but civilians in Iraq would still be suffering under the torturous dictatorship of Saddam Hussein.

I'm not saying I WILL vote for Bush...I think both candidates suck...but Bush is the only one saying he will take the battle TO the terrorists.

Upvote 0

MooCow

Aug 21, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Visit site
✟9,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BlessedMan said:
I think you're right Alx...I can't wait until Kerry sits down at the negotiation table with these guys and is able to work out a deal. If we don't take the first step...than who will???? ;)
You cannot negotiate with those who have misconstrued their own religion for the sake of "Allah."

Upvote 0

MooCow

Aug 21, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Visit site
✟9,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
heathen chemistry said:
shut up both of you and go read some grotius or aquinas and then come back with at least half a brain between the two of you.
I have read some of both. Now explain the meaning behind your uncalled-for statement.

Upvote 0

heathen chemistry

Jul 10, 2004
✟716.00
Faith
Anglican
it's in their best interest to do such things which, while horrible, isn't the worst thing to do to a person. the ultimatums are set and they are reasonable. we as a country won't respond to terrorists so-called by tuck-tailing and running but they as insurgents have every right to resort to whatever means necessary to oust an invading/occupying force. hence, while reprehensible, would be seen as just/moral to war philosophers such as grotius and aquainas. thank you come again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
heathen chemistry said:
it's in their best interest to do such things which while horrible isn't the worst thing to do to a person. the ultimatums are set and they are reasonable. we as a country won't respond to terrorists by tuck-tailing and running but they as insurgents have every right to resort to whatever means necessary to oust an invading/occupying force. hence, while reprehensible, would be seen as just/moral to war philosophers such as grotius and aquainas. thank you come again.
I had to read this about 3 times to make sure someone had ACTUALLY written this...where do I begin? Did you say their ultimatums are "set and reasonable" and that it's our fault for not responding???? Insurgents have every right??? You've got to be kidding me! They're not just killing the "evil invaders", but they're killing mostly their own people. By the way, I'm not sure what you're top ten looks like, but I imagine beheading should probably be up there...sorry to hear that you think it's not the "worst thing to do to a person"...what is??? Actually, don't answer that...I don't even want to have this discussion.

Upvote 0

heathen chemistry

Jul 10, 2004
✟716.00
Faith
Anglican
BlessedMan said:
I had to read this about 3 times to make sure someone had ACTUALLY written this...where do I begin? Did you say their ultimatums are "set and reasonable" and that it's our fault for not responding???? Insurgents have every right??? You've got to be kidding me! They're not just killing the "evil invaders", but they're killing mostly their own people. By the way, I'm not sure what you're top ten looks like, but I imagine beheading should probably be up there...sorry to hear that you think it's not the "worst thing to do to a person"...what is??? Actually, don't answer that...I don't even want to have this discussion.
leave our country or we'll keep killing your people. how is that not a reasonable agreement?

anyways, removing iraq and united states monikers off the slate, let's refer to them as countrys a and b respectively.

country b invades, country a defends, fails, etc. country b occupies. country a's citizens wish for country a to leave. country b is attacked continually. country b's home citizens want its soldiers home. country a continues attacking so country b will go home.

it's not hard to understand.

as for the just and unjust, i would like to point out grotius and aquinas were both christian philosophers. if they were alive today, they'd say the actions are just. their reasoning is sound and i have to agree with them.

Upvote 0

heathen chemistry

Jul 10, 2004
✟716.00
Faith
Anglican
Kelly said:
Wow, thanks for such compassion, brother.
1. don't call me brother.

2. the initial post was full of emotions but lacked reasoning and logic and i don't respect that in any way shape or form. you can feel all you want but when you go off on a rant about not understanding and still call them killers and terrorists and worse, justify why they should be labeled those things.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. don't call me brother.

2. the initial post was full of emotions but lacked reasoning and logic and i don't respect that in any way shape or form. you can feel all you want but when you go off on a rant about not understanding and still call them killers and terrorists and worse, justify why they should be labeled those things.
1) Brother is a Christian greeting.
2) You are not here to establish any standards for content of reasoning.

Upvote 0