• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Beheading of children in Iraq?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LittleLambofJesus, Aug 7, 2014.

1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+27,924
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Chaldean Christian leader: ISIS 'Systematically Beheading' Children In Iraq | Gospelherald.com

A prominent Christian leader of the Chaldean community unveiled the "systematic beheading of children" and other horrendous crimes committed by ISIS. He said that the Sunni extremists are committing genocide against Christians in Iraq and with the aim to instill the Sharia Law as the law of the land.

[​IMG]

[FONT=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the interview with CNN's Jonathan Mann, Chaldean-American businessman Mark Arabo said that the "world hasn't seen an evil like this for generations." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif]"There is a park in Mosul, where [ISIS] they actually beheaded children and put their heads on a stick and have them in the park," he explained. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif]"More children are getting beheaded, mothers are getting raped and killed, and fathers are being hung." [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. interpreter

interpreter Senior Member

+129
    Anglican
    ISIS is the 7th head of the beast and must be defeated.

3. GarfieldJL

GarfieldJL Regular Member

+602
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I really don't think Obama cares...

I know if I were President I'd be ordering in airstrikes on ISIS, tomahawk missile strikes, etc. in support of the Kurds (whom seem to be about the only competitent military force in Iraq that isn't a bunch of fanatics).

4. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+27,924
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    What makes you think that?

"Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings.
    Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come.
    And when he comes, he must continue a short time.
    The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition." (Revelation 17:9-11)

5. Lost Angel

Lost Angel מָ֫וֶת

+15
    Agnostic
    Sadly, this wouldn't be the state of Iraq of we didn't do what we do.

What is the lesser of evils?

The USA definitely should take action.

The biblical speculation has been thrown around for nearly two centuries. Revelation has past.

6. Blessedj01

Blessedj01 Guest

+0
    Interesting that ISIS is the name of the goddess (demon) Isis.

7. Manic Spinoza

Manic Spinoza Guest

+0
  8. seashale76

seashale76 Orthodox Christian and Unapologetic Iconodule

+3,989
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
  9. mindlight

mindlight See in the dark Supporter

+1,591
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    This is the true face of the enemy. He desires to wipe out the church and unites his people around an ideology of hate and fear. The indifference of the world until now is evidence of a spiritual blindness and hearts gone cold. Why does it take the death of children and the sticking of their heads on poles to open peoples eyes to an evil that has been growing for months now.

It is fantastic that the Americans are starting to stir but i notice Obamas support is not for Christians but for the Yazidis on that mountain. He is like the Judge in the parable of the persistent widow. He does not care but will finally give justice because he does not want her hassling him all the time.

10. mindlight

+1,591
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    It is not Americans that are beheading children and sticking their heads on poles. The responsibility for these murders is with those who committed them.

11. Blessedj01

Blessedj01 Guest

+0
    Agreed.

12. Nithavela

Nithavela lologist

+9,946
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Is there any information on this except the testimony of this man?

13. mindlight

+1,591
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    I have met Andrew White (The vicar of Baghdad)and his testimony would be enough for me. But bear in mind he represents a church of thousands and his relief ministry is to people from every background who are fleeing into Baghdad.

He makes the claim here:

[youtube]BweJKj2DHkw[/youtube]

But the claim comes from other sources too like Mark Arabo a representative of Chaldean Christians in Iraq as the picture at the beginning of this OP

[youtube]Ocf87G8cfRI[/youtube]

14. Nithavela

Nithavela lologist

+9,946
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I only knew of the testimony of Arabo. Thank you.

15. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,502
    United States
    Married
    Are you saying that the Yazidis should be killed then, because there not Christian, are non-Christians allowed to not be exterminated?

16. Nithavela

Nithavela lologist

+9,946
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    This Andrew White seems to care for the Yazidis, just like for every other group in Iraq that is endangered. I imagine Mindlight would agree.

I'm not to sure about his testimony, he only mentions the slaughtered children in passing, just at the end, like an afterthought.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that IS is doing horrible things in Iraq, and need to be destroyed, and should have been destroyed a long time ago. It just feels to me like this testimony is chiefly a desperate plea for international aid.

But maybe I'm just hoping so because this being truth would be to horrible to imagine.

17. Inkachu

Inkachu Bursting with fruit flavor!

+3,720
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    But we all know that the group ISIS' name has nothing to do with that.

18. NannaNae

NannaNae Guest

+0
    between abortion and now this does any of this start to sound like De ja vu , in the name of some wannabe god , man is murdering yet again..?
    yes that old testament and new testament just isn't that old !

those poor babies!
    God is love and he also protects!
    thus love protects!

19. Nithavela

Nithavela lologist

+9,946
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Not to mention that they changed their name quite a while ago (most likely because didn't want to get related to what they to must believe to be a demon or something like that because of the abreviation of their english translated name)

20. Blessedj01

Blessedj01 Guest

+0
    Don't be so sure. The entirety of Islam is aligned with demonic influence in various guises, and the sun, moon and star worship of the ancients. Maybe just a coincidence, or maybe not. The devil has a sick sense of humour and his demons will do anything to receive worship, even covertly.