USA
✟952,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’ve never been married and will let more experienced users chime in. But a recent post addresses boundaries and gatekeeping. You may find it edifying.

I’m very discriminating about the people I have around me and a gatekeeper too. You can’t come up in ‘here’ acting, looking, talking, and behaving certain ways. Nor do I open up my relationship to others. I don’t share what he has, does and gives. Because I know my sex.

The here I’m referencing in that statement is my home and presence. I have zero tolerance for impropriety, efforts to entice, or attempts to make others stumble. Whether they’re married or not you respect the union.

Unfortunately, scandalous types exist and the behavior must be addressed. Couples should have a mutual understanding on the subject. Sometimes you have to run interference for your partner. There should be a code or signal in place that alerts the other their presence is needed.

Oftentimes that’s enough to shut it down. But attentiveness is key. Pay attention to your surroundings. Take note of questions and interest from the opposite sex and in relation to your companion.

Offers for prayer and support aren’t always as they appear. Sometimes they’re opportunities for insight or to get in your affairs. Be mindful of oversharing. Women do it often.

Couples fare best with mutually agreed upon spiritual mentors. A mature couple they know and trust with parameters in place. You can prevent a lot through discrimination and keeping your mouth shut.

Pay attention to the things people say and do to others and don’t assume you’re off-limits. Old habits die hard.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What should a Christian woman do if they know their husband is being targeted by a fellow "Sister in Christ" who comes across as having adulterous intentions? How does a Christian woman protect her marriage when it's being targeted that way??
I believe it is up to the man to make it clear that he is very much married, he can do this in a kind but very firm way.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What should a Christian woman do if they know their husband is being targeted by a fellow "Sister in Christ" who comes across as having adulterous intentions? How does a Christian woman protect her marriage when it's being targeted that way??

Well, before you make accusations against this "adulterous woman," have you spoken to her about what you've observed in her conduct that makes you concerned? Have you shared your concerns with your husband? If he has any love for you, he will consider your concerns carefully and accommodate them as much as he can, guarding himself from flirtations in honor of God and his wife. Finally, are you walking with God in daily, loving submission to Him, yielding yourself to the Holy Spirit's control throughout each day, by faith trusting he will move you into right thinking, attitudes and behavior about this woman (and every situation you face in a day)?

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not married. Some situations I have observed with Christian women who knew that another Christian woman was after their husbands have confused me. In one situation, one of the married women had the would be adulterous woman as her close friend and had her around her children and spent a lot of time with her. This she did, knowing that the would be adulterous woman was calling her husband (who graciously ignored her) and texting her husband trying to trap the guy. I don't understand situations like that and as a single person I try to learn from such situations. In another situation, one of the would be adulterous women was after the pastor, who talked about her actions openly on the Altar to expose her actions of trying to trap him. Both the would be adulterous woman and the Pastor's family remained in the church together for some time. These things boggle my mind and make me wonder what are the best things to do in those situations.

Upvote 0