Dec 16, 2016
Dundee, Florida.
✟15,239.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 6:5-9

A little about me first. I was baptized about a year ago. I go to church on a regular basis, well at least 3x per month. I am now reading the bible more and more and learning about Jesus. The job I do doesn't really suit a Christian like myself. Here I am going to church and still working on believing Jesus died for our sins (hence the name reluctantasr) but I work for a beer distributor. I know God doesn't like drunkenness. Whats your take on this?

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 6: 5-9

A little about me first. I was baptized about a year ago. I go to church on a regular basis, well at least 3x per month. I am now reading the bible more and more and learning about Jesus. The job I do doesn't really suit a Christian like myself. Here I am going to church and still working on believing Jesus died for our sins (hence the name reluctantasr) but I work for a beer distributor. I know God doesn't like drunkenness. Whats your take on this?

Psalms 104:14-15 God gave wine to cheer a man's heart; there's nothing wrong with working in a vineyard. What a person does with that thing is not the responsibility of the one producing or distributing that thing. This would put a lot of people (if not, everyone) out of work since the thing they produce/distribute can be used for harm. No gun could ever be produced/distributed by a Christian since, guns can be used for murder, which God commands against murder. Piano wire can be used for murder, binoculars for coveting, words can be used for false witness. I wouldn't worry one iota about it. In fact, I wouldn't worry one iota about anything; but that's another story.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Ephesians 6: 5-9

As a beer distributor you also provide me an occasional beer, never more than one a night, which provides a nice taste and some relaxation and some conversation in the evening. Without you I suppose I could brew my own, but you provide a service to me which I appreciate. There are some jobs perhaps you cannot do as a Christian. This one, you will have to weigh against what other things you could be doing instead, but it is not a dishonorable job in and of itself.

Upvote 0

Brennenstuhl

Dec 13, 2016
Bowling Green, Kentucky
✟11,527.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If God hated alcohol, do you think Jesus would have turned water into wine?

Let me ask this: what's the odds someone is going to drink your product to get drunk? Sure, if you're distributing Budweiser or Sam Adams, people could get drunk off that, but there's a reasonable chance they're just going to drink it with dinner or have a bottle. If you're focusing on distributing ultra-cheap beer that nobody drinks for the taste, you might want to reevaluate.

Upvote 0

Buju

Jul 30, 2017
Midwest
✟8,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he was saying anything about God Hating drunkenness. I believe he said "I know God Doesn't like drunkenness". I can see where he's coming from on this. Although there are plenty of people who buy the beer he distributes and drink it responsibly, there will definitely be several who use it to get drunk. I agree with Brennenstuhl though. If it's the cheap stuff that's one thing, but craft beer is another, so it does depend on the situation in my opinion.

Upvote 0