Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Due to weather mostly. The other night I watched Scorsese's Age of Innocence again. It’s gorgeous to look at but horrible tribalism and oppressive etiquette in 1870’s NY was what I consider barbaric in its effect. Everyone seems to think Phifer’s character is the strong woman. But I disagree. I considered Ryder’s character the stronger of the two although a product of her upbringing. Lewis? He pretty much came off as extremely naive imo.

Another one I watched was The Cooler with William Macy. I love Macy as an actor but I found the movie incredibly depressing and did not like it for several reasons. Alec Baldwin plays an extremely cruel character in this one.

Another was Possession. It has Gwyneth Paltrow in it. It was really formulaic but I enjoyed it over all. I think Jennifer Ehle bears a remarkable resemblance to Meryl Streep.

Here is the info on these movies.
Possession (2002) - IMDb

The Age of Innocence (1993) - IMDb

The Cooler (2003) - IMDb

I think I’m going to watch Swann In Love later.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Swann In Love was okay more of the same status/caste system stuff.

Watching The Humbling right now. Reminds me of Birdman without the excessive background music.

We are getting more snow now. :sigh:

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've been watching a lot also on Christian movie channel.
They are all touching and make you cry but there is always a good message.
Did you watch the new version of Cinderella last weekend? Its also streaming on the disney channel. It was the best I have seen besides the cartoon version(first)

Upvote 0