• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Been In Severe Pain Since 13; Now Back At Christian Forums...

KnightRobby

BOVGTV - TV For Gamers!
Mar 30, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟8,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone,

I have not been out here for actually a few years and I was very active, especially in the Youth part of this website (I even became a moderator). Unfortunately, at age 13 I got sick with mono and a very long story short, ended up in the hospital in the year 2000 from severe head pain, migraines, fatigue - etc. Had a spinal tap, blood work, MRI - you name it. All were negative. Now I am 26 years old and I would have never imagined that this severe pain would last THIS long.

When I was first sick, my poor Mom (who's also disabled) did tons of research on my behalf and told me stories of individuals that had chronic headaches (which my head pain is far my severe than a usual "headache"). She then told me of sufferers that had it for two years. Honestly, I didn't think much of it and really thought that it couldn't be possible...For some reason, lately it is hitting me: I have suffered for far, far too long and I just cannot believe it. I have progressively gotten worse, my left eye has drifted, and even as I type my ear, eye, jaw, and neck are in pain. I've never gotten my driver's license, don't have a social life, can't work or play for that matter. I have so many talents - I was a straight-A student, good at sports, passionate about writing, art, graphic design - this illness and pain have taken so much from me...

I'm on some medications, and I honestly - and strongly - believe I would not be still around without my family and God. My family has done wonders for me. I've been so sick I've been unable to follow my passions, which has been incredibly frustrating.

So you won't be reading too much, I am going on a new treatment - for Chronic Lyme (which actually seems to be what I have seen I am having "herx" reactions from antibiotics). However, the treatment is very aggressive and as I mentioned, I have herx reactions - where my body builds up too many toxins to flush out and I end up in double the pain, a terrible creeping/crawling sensation throughout my skin, etc. If you don't know of the movie "Under Our Skin" (available on Netflix) it shows just how much people are suffering, BUT some of them are getting better through treatment, which I am undergoing. It is a rough process; you have to get worse to get better...

I just need a good group of people to talk to and I immediately thought back to this place for some reason. I haven't been out here because I have either been in bed or on the couch. I want my life back at this point; I need it back. So, I would really be grateful for that support, prayers, and just some people to talk to.

More importantly, I realize that there are sufferers out there that are asking the same thing - and I would like to give that support back to you. ;)

About Christian Forums, I have honestly missed this place...I wanted to become a pastor when I was 13, but been too sick. Now I just need to be in the Christian community and active in some way. Plus, I'll admit it's nice to be among people that believe in God ;)

Thanks for reading and it is good to be back out on CF,
Robby