• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Been a real tough past 5 months.

Andben

Nov 26, 2016
North Carolina
✟32,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I posted on here end of Nov 2016 about some anxiety that I had newly experienced. Suffice to say its kept a tight grip on me ever since. Ive truly tried to fight it but recently ive started having panic/anxiety attacks over it. Its honestly the worst thing I have ever dealt with in my life ever. I was able to distract myself with video games or hanging out with friends but that doesn't even work anymore. During the past 5 months ive also developed some severe OCD which makes me aware of my breathing constantly among other things.

I dont know, I think its just a combination of everything. The severe stress is just pushing me to a breaking point I guess and thats where the anxiety/panic attacks come in. I have a nearly countless list of fears/anxieties at this point which im always thinking of. Its almost as if the fears become more irrational as each day passes. I am an analytical INTJ personality type. I cant help but think all the time. Its all I do. Before all this, I could do great things at work and in my spare time. Now all I do is sit around wrestling anxious thoughts trying to keep it together.

I just feel hopeless I guess, since this has been going on so long. I just feel so entirely alone when the panic/anxiety attacks come on. Its the absolute worst most helpless feeling in the world. I often think, what will become of me if I go crazy or cant function (i.e. go to work)? I used to not care about being alone, in fact I even preferred it at times, but now it makes me anxious to be alone in this struggle.

I am going to the doctors soon to be tested for Hypothyroidism as I have literally every symptom. It would lift a heavy burden off my shoulders if Hypothyroidism was causing this. If thats not it then I guess ill be seeing a therapist or something. This has to be dealt with one way or the other.

I could really use some prayers, I pray for others and myself everyday but so far I feel as if they've not been heard. I dont know if this is something I created myself or is a physical thing (i.e. hypothyrodism). My brother mentioned it could be a spirit of anxiety. But I dont know, just want it to stop.

Any replies welcome.

Last edited:

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about doing some easy fasting to fight panic step by step ?
Fasting is good for spiritual development.
such as avoiding meat and wine like Daniel did for 21 days. or may be one day without food, only drinking water, or may be just one meal a day for one day or three days, whichever suit yourself easily but you do it regularly

May Jesus bless you and heal you soon HalleluYAH

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Andben

Nov 26, 2016
North Carolina
✟32,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How about doing some easy fasting to fight panic step by step ?
Fasting is good for spiritual development.
such as avoiding meat and wine like Daniel did for 21 days. or may be one day without food, only drinking water, or may be just one meal a day for one day or three days, whichever suit yourself easily but you do it regularly

May Jesus bless you and heal you soon HalleluYAH

Thanks, I had not thought of that and perhaps I will try it. I really do need to work on my spiritual development. Ive just been so preoccupied with this anxiety.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I posted on here end of Nov 2016 about some anxiety that I had newly experienced. Suffice to say its kept a tight grip on me ever since. Ive truly tried to fight it but recently ive started having panic/anxiety attacks over it. Its honestly the worst thing I have ever dealt with in my life ever. I was able to distract myself with video games or hanging out with friends but that doesn't even work anymore. During the past 5 months ive also developed some severe OCD which makes me aware of my breathing constantly among other things.

I dont know, I think its just a combination of everything. The severe stress is just pushing me to a breaking point I guess and thats where the anxiety/panic attacks come in. I have a nearly countless list of fears/anxieties at this point which im always thinking of. Its almost as if the fears become more irrational as each day passes. I am an analytical INTJ personality type. I cant help but think all the time. Its all I do. Before all this, I could do great things at work and in my spare time. Now all I do is sit around wrestling anxious thoughts trying to keep it together.

I just feel hopeless I guess, since this has been going on so long. I just feel so entirely alone when the panic/anxiety attacks come on. Its the absolute worst most helpless feeling in the world. I often think, what will become of me if I go crazy or cant function (i.e. go to work)? I used to not care about being alone, in fact I even preferred it at times, but now it makes me anxious to be alone in this struggle.

I am going to the doctors soon to be tested for Hypothyroidism as I have literally every symptom. It would lift a heavy burden off my shoulders if Hypothyroidism was causing this. If thats not it then I guess ill be seeing a therapist or something. This has to be dealt with one way or the other.

I could really use some prayers, I pray for others and myself everyday but so far I feel as if they've not been heard. I dont know if this is something I created myself or is a physical thing (i.e. hypothyrodism). My brother mentioned it could be a spirit of anxiety. But I dont know, just want it to stop.

Any replies welcome.
I had a very similar problem last year. I am also an INTJ and an analytical thinker. The over thinking is a major contributor to our issue here. I had a major problem with my gallbladder which was causing my system to release large amounts of adrenaline and other hormones. Without me realizing what was happening (and being an INTJ this will drive you crazy) my body had enter into what is know as "fight or flight syndrome". Fight or flight will cause you to get worse and worse due to its feedback loop effect and this then can cause the anxiety and panic attacks. My gallbladder problem grew worse and finally had to be removed. Once the gallbladder was removed, my hormone levels returned to normal (took a month or so). I now feel my old self again. It all makes sense to me now and that makes me as happy as a gopher in soft dirt. ;)

Godspeed with your problem, I know how miserable you must feel.

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0