✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Deuteronomy 28:
58 If you are not careful to observe all the words of this law which are written in this book, to fear this honored and awesome name, the LORD your God,
59 then the LORD will bring extraordinary plagues on you and your descendants, even severe and lasting plagues, and miserable and chronic illnesses.
60 He will bring back on you all the diseases of Egypt of which you were afraid, and they will cling to you.
61 Also every sickness and every plague which, not written in the book
of this law, the LORD will bring on you until you are destroyed.
62 Then you shall be left few in number, whereas you were as numerous as the stars of heaven, because you did not obey the LORD your God.

Will there be one to stand in the gap?
Ezekiel 22:30. And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
Surely the people of God still have a voice.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you seriously trying to argue that COVID-19 is some kind of divine punishment?
Did I do that? haha. No. I have just been reading "the book of the Law" and posting interesting passages
from the same. I thought "severe and lasting" and "chronic" were interesting words. They spoke to the true nature of disease outbreaks, supported historically as well. The government clearly was hoping that covid would act like the flu and "die off" in time for Memorial Day. How uncooperative!
I live in Arizona where it is peaking. Are you familiar with an old song by Switchfoot:
"new way to be human". Just popped into my head.
"I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me." Peace.
P.S. Of course I am always serious about intercession.
Why worry when you can pray.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Can we now say that covid-19 meets the Biblical definition of a plague, being
59 then the LORD will bring extraordinary plagues on you and your descendants, even severe and lasting plagues, and miserable and chronic illnesses.
When I posted this, I was not in any way "blaming God" for the virus.
I was not seriously insinuating anything:
Are you seriously trying to argue that COVID-19 is some kind of divine punishment?
I was condoning a response of prayer
Will there be one to stand in the gap?
Ezekiel 22:30. And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
Surely the people of God still have a voice.
I was also responding to the idea that the virus would be short-lived, as at that time
most states were ramping up for a Memorial Day economic recovery. So where are we now?
Will you stand in the gap against "the diseases of Egypt".
60 He will bring back on you all the diseases of Egypt of which you were afraid, and they will cling to you.
Hopefully this is not the case. They call it a "novel virus", because it is new. Is it worse?

Upvote 0