Because thou knewest not (did not discern) the time of thy visitation (inspection)...? (Luke 19:44)

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Luke 19:44, "And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation."

Some translations say: "Because you did not discern (or judge or perceive or determine), the time of your "inspection"...

Because the purpose of the "visitation" is for the purpose of "inspection", and the inspecting is to discern and judge (us)...

This can come for individual's at certain points in individuals lives, or with people groups, like nations, tribes, and tongues and their systems I guess you could say, their way of doing things, and the way they have been doing things, and if it is as it should be (by now) or not...

(Jeremiah 8:12) (Jeremiah 10:15) (Jeremiah 46:21) (Jeremiah 50:27) (Jeremiah 51:18)

Comments...?

God Bless!

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe His second coming is very near.. The world has got to get a lot more violent and we are going to be going through darker times before the dawn of the Kingdom.. But if Jesus has not returned within 20 years i will be surprised and disappointed.. But i will keep on in the Faith regardless.. If i am still alive in 20 years time that is..

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe a time of visitation is upon us, or is nearly upon us now...

How many of you do...?

God Bless!
Yes a time of visitation is coming and I cannot wait, look for it every day.

7bc4ebb2ff272c3f7229cae619c7c476.jpg

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I believe that's referring to something that's already happened:

Brian Zahnd said:
Eventually Jerusalem got its war of independence…and ended up in Gehenna. Forty years after the crucifixion of Christ, Jerusalem was cast into the hell of Roman siege warfare, brutal bombardment from hundred pound “hailstones” launched from Roman catapults, and the final, fiery destruction of the city resulting in the violent death of most of its citizens and the enslavement of the rest. Jesus had foreseen this disaster and lamented over it on the day he entered Jerusalem during the week of Passover:

As he came near and saw the city, he wept over it, saying, “If you, even you, had only recognized on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. Indeed, the days will come when your enemies will set up ramparts around you and your children within you, and they will not leave within you one stone upon another; because you did not recognize the time of your visitation from God. (Luke 19:41–44)--
https://brianzahnd.com/2011/09/that-preacher-of-peace/

Jewish Revolts [quote from article]:

>>>
The Roman troops eventually recaptured the Antonia fortress, and about a month later burned and destroyed the temple. The lower city and the upper city both fell.

Titus ordered all the buildings in Jerusalem to be leveled, except for the three towers in Herod's palace. All the citizens of Jerusalem were executed, sold into slavery, or saved for games in the arena.

Eleven thousand prisoners died of starvation while awaiting their execution. More than one million Jews died, and nearly one hundred thousand were sold into slavery.<<<<

I believe this is the context of this passage:

Luke 19:41-44 said:
Jesus predicts Jerusalem’s destruction

41 As Jesus came to the city and observed it, he wept over it. 42 He said, “If only you knew on this of all days the things that lead to peace. But now they are hidden from your eyes. 43 The time will come when your enemies will build fortifications around you, encircle you, and attack you from all sides. 44 They will crush you completely, you and the people within you. They won’t leave one stone on top of another within you, because you didn’t recognize the time of your gracious visit from God.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe His second coming is very near.. The world has got to get a lot more violent and we are going to be going through darker times before the dawn of the Kingdom.. But if Jesus has not returned within 20 years i will be surprised and disappointed.. But i will keep on in the Faith regardless.. If i am still alive in 20 years time that is..
Exactly how near do you imagine it to be? I was told it was near 50 years ago. Umm, please note that I am presently surprised and disappointed.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I just learned about a Scottish poet/author from the 19th century--George MacDonald--and he wrote this (from Holy Thing):

"THEY all were looking for a king
To slay their foes and lift them high:
Thou cam'st, a little baby thing
That made a woman cry."

....also Luke 17 (right before this quoted passage from the OP) says:

The Bible said:
The Coming of the Kingdom

20 When asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs. 21Nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is,’ or ‘There it is.’ For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst. 22Then He said to the disciples, “The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it.…People will tell you, 'Look, there He is,' or 'Here He is.' Do not go out or chase after them. For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other, so will be the Son of Man in His day. But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

God became incarnate and walked amongst His creation---and His creation rejected and murdered Him (yet....He forgave them...for "they know not what they do").

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exactly how near do you imagine it to be? I was told it was near 50 years ago. Umm, please note that I am presently surprised and disappointed.

I have a hunch that it will be 2029 - 2030 so that's 12 to 13 years time..

Since i believe the asteroid Apophis that is coming in 2029 might be the one to come down and hit the sea and end up being called Wormwood.. And because i believe Jesus was executed in 30 AD and thus 2000 years after 30 AD is 2030 AD then some time between Apophis hitting earth and the year 2030..

But this is NOT a prophecy.. I repeat this is NOT a prophecy.. It's just a hunch a feeling.. If it does not happen then i will not be jumping off a tall building.. I promise i will continue living the rest of my life as a Christian.. :D

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a hunch that it will be 2029 - 2030 so that's 12 to 13 years time..

Since i believe the asteroid Apophis that is coming in 2029 might be the one to come down and hit the sea and end up being called Wormwood.. And because i believe Jesus was executed in 30 AD and thus 2000 years after 30 AD is 2030 AD then some time between Apophis hitting earth and the year 2030..

But this is NOT a prophecy.. I repeat this is NOT a prophecy.. It's just a hunch a feeling.. If it does not happen then i will not be jumping off a tall building.. I promise i will continue living the rest of my life as a Christian.. :D

The problem arises when a person has drastically altered his life in anticipation of such an event only to find out that it wasn't as certain as he was cunningly led to believe. On the other hand, if the person goes about his ridiculously short life and fleetingly transient youth as if it were a mere prediction and the prediction doesn't interfere NEGATIVELY with the quality of the life he lives-then the disappointment won't be so bitterly poignant.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The problem arises when a person has drastically altered his life in anticipation of such an event only to find out that it wasn't as certain as he was cunningly led to believe. On the other hand, if the person goes about his ridiculously short life and fleetingly transient youth as if it were a mere prediction and the prediction doesn't interfere NEGATIVELY with the quality of the life he lives-then the disappointment won't be so bitterly poignant.

Well i drastically altered my life when i became a Christian 30 years ago... But i have not changed my life because of my thoughts in regarding the end times.. Because i am fully aware that i do not KNOW for certain what and when it is going to happen..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums