Pelihat

Oct 9, 2016
Indonesia
✟24,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
This come from local news in Indonesia. A Catholic men looking for a house to rent. But, he didn't know that the village only for muslims. The village leader reject him living there.

--------------------
Tuesday 02 April 2019, 15:25 WIB
Differences in Religion Make Slamet Denied Living in Karet Bantul Hamlet
Pradito Rida Pertana - detikNews

Bantul - Slamet Jumiarto (42) had to find a new rented house because of the rules of RT 8 Karet Hamlet, Pleret Village, Pleret District, Bantul. Especially the rules that stipulate that non-Muslims are prohibited from living in the hamlet.

A native of Semarang, Central Java, who has a Yogyakarta ID card, said that at first he was looking for a rented house for his small family residence. Finally, the father of two found an rented house advertisement from social media.

Given the price of renting a house offered at Rp. 4 million per year, Slamet also contacted the advertiser of the rented house. After contacting and reaching an agreement, Slamet began bringing goods from his previous rented house in the city of Yogyakarta to his new rented house.

"Moving here (Karet Hamlet) because it is wider and the price is cheaper. Then on Saturday (3/30/2019) I started to occupy this house," Slamet said when met at his rented house, RT 8 Dusun Karet, Desa Pleret, Kecamatan Pleret, Bantul, Tuesday (2/4/2019).

"Before occupying (rented house) we also confirm first to the owner of the house and who is looking for (rented house) if I am non-Muslim, and he said (brokers and rented house owners) is nothing non-Muslim," he added.

The man who has lived in Yogyakarta for 19 years continued, because religious differences were not disputed, then the next day, Sunday (31/3) Slamet met with the Chairperson of the RT 8 of the Hamlet of Karet. That was to ask permission that he and his family occupy the rented house.

"Sunday I meet with the RT (RT 8) for permission and all provide a photocopy of KTP, KK and marriage certificate. But once seen (photocopy of KTP, KK and marriage certificate) and know we are non-Muslim we are rejected (living in a rented house) "Mr. RT," he said.

Because of the refusal, the next day, Monday (1/4) Slamet tried to meet the Chairman of the local village. However, his efforts were fruitless and Slamet and his family were still refused to stay at RT 8, Karet Hamlet, Pleret Village, Bantul.

"Only this time and in this place (Karet Hamlet) I get a rejection just because of non-Muslims, because when I rent in the city (Yogyakarta) it doesn't matter. Then I think this is ironic and strange, because intolerance should be avoided so that in the eyes of the national Yogyakarta is seen as good, "said Slamet.

"And maybe because I was too emotional, then I immediately reported to the Secretary of Sultan HB X (Secretary of DIY). My report was followed up and then directed to the Secretary of Bantul, then from the Secretary of Bantul to the Pleret Sub-District. Nhah, there (Pleret Sub-District) I meeting the Head of the Village and Mr. Dukuh being called, the Chairperson of the Village was also called for deliberation, but the results were still rejected, "he said.

The man who works as a painter said, because he received rejection, he wanted mediation to discuss the rules. Finally, continued Slamen, the Village Head facilitated the mediation at the Rubber Hamlet hall last night, Monday (1/4).

"During the mediation, there were several people who accepted (I contracted in Karet Hamlet), especially the elders, there were four people I saw welcome to me. But because there were already written rules, the Chairperson of RT (8) suggested that I stay in here (Hamlet of Rubber) for just six months, and then another six months will be returned in the form of money, "he said

"But if it's only six months for what it is, that's just the refusal to me. I mean if it is allowed, if not or not, that's the case. So the results of the mediation last night were said to be my defeat. I thought I lost my voice and there were no lawyers, rather than me being dizzy and not good so I relented, "he said.

In addition, Slamet relented with a note that residents of RT 8 Hamlet of Rubber revised the rules that prohibit non-Muslims from living in the hamlet. Considering the written rules issued by the Pokgiat and the Head of Hamlet since October 2015 contradicted the ideology adopted by the State of Indonesia.

"I relented as long as their letters (the rules of the Hamlet of Rubber) were revised. Because for me that (the rules of the Hamlet of Rubber) contradicted the Pancasila ideology and hopes that it would not be affected by other migrants, let alone copied by other regions in Indonesia," he said.

Slamet added that he was currently trying to find a new rented house at the urging of his wife's child. In fact, Slamet personally still wanted to live in Karet Hamlet.

"Actually, I personally want to stay here, but my wife and children want to move, maybe they are not psychologically strong, so it is better for me to move," he said.

The following is the contents of a decree regarding the requirements of new entrants to the Rubber Village shown by Slamet in the form of a photo to reporters:

Remember,

For the continuity and comfort of living in a community

Weigh
The results of the decision of the management meeting of the Padukuhan Karet group on Monday 19 October 2015 at the Padukuhan Karet Office.

Decide

Requirements for newcomers in the Rubber Village

Non material:
1. Newcomers must be Islamic. Islam in question is the same as the ideology adopted by the residents of the existing rubber hamlet.

2. Not to reduce respect, residents of Karet Hamlet objected to accepting newcomers who adhered to the cult or non-Islamic religion as referred to in paragraph 1.

3. Willing to follow the rules of custom and environmental culture that have been arranged, such as religious warnings, mutual cooperation, environmental security, environmental hygiene and others.

4. For newcomers who settle or contract / boarding house must show the original residence identity (marriage certificate, KTP, KK) and submit a copy.

Non-material nature
For newcomers who settled, an administration fee of Rp. 1 million was imposed with the provisions of Rp. 600 thousand in the village treasury through the rubber cohort activity group and Rp. 400 thousand in the local RT's cash (RT.1 to 8).

Based on Decree number 02 / POKGIAT / Krt / X / 2012 (attached).

Sanctions
If the newcomer does not fulfill the above conditions, sanctions will be imposed:

1. Oral reprimand
2. Written warning
3. Expelled / expelled from the Padukuhan Karet area

When met separately, the Head of Karet (Dukuh) Hamlet, Pleret Village, Pleret Subdistrict, Bantul, Iswanto confirmed the existence of rules governing the terms of newcomers in Karet Hamlet. According to him, the regulation has been agreed by the residents of Dusun Karet and has been in effect since 2015.

"The Rubber Village has already been established since 2015 and agreed to by the residents (Karet Hamlet). The regulation also includes the problem of buying and selling land to compensation. The rule is basically the outside population who buys the land is not allowed by non-Muslims. "He said when met by reporters in front of the Pleret Village Office, Pleret District, Bantul, on Tuesday (2/4/2019).

"Then Mr. Slamet entered (Rubber Hamlet) through an intermediary, and did not know about the rules. In addition, those who have houses are not domiciled in Karet, so they don't know the rules in Karet, because the house itself is not occupied for about a year, "Iswanto added.

Iswanto continued, because the written rules had been agreed upon by the residents, he and the residents agreed to implement the agreed rules. Nevertheless, Iswanto said that the written rules were not known by the Pleret Village and were valid at the level of the subdistrict alone.

"No (it is known by the Lurah regarding the written rules), it is only known that the community leaders are the same as pokyat and known by Hamlet. There are rules so that being a dukuh is conducive, like that," he said.

However, Iswanto did not immediately mention that the existence of non-Muslim residents in Hamlet Karet made the situation not conducive. However, Iswanto did not want to explain the background of the regulation.

"Yes, that is not the case too (if non-Muslim residents in Karet Hamlet make the situation not conducive). Just already, I can't answer, if it's covered by the media it's not good," he said.

Iswanto continued, the problem was discussed last night and was attended by the Head of Pleret District, Head of Pleret Village and himself as Hamlet Rubber. According to him, from the results of the deliberations, Slamet had received a decision from Padukuhan which wanted non-Muslim residents not to live in Hamlet Karet.

"As a result of the deliberations last night, Mr. Slamet accepted what was decided by Padukuhan. Then the problem of rented fees was returned with those who had rented houses, so the problem was resolved," he said.

"For the deadline (until Slamet left Dusun Karet), it is actually up to Mas Slamet to get a new contract. In addition, the rules also want to be revised because there are words that are not right," said Iswanto.

Source : __hxxps://news.detik.com/berita-jawa-tengah/d-4494241/perbedaan-agama-membuat-slamet-ditolak-tinggal-di-dusun-karet-bantul

• Prayers
Reactions: gennypearl

My King and Lord

Mar 7, 2019
I am not from Albania
✟20,487.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shame. I talked to an Indonesian man online who converted to Christian from Islam. The conversion didn't even start with religion I just said how life was so difficult and stuff. Also, I thought the Aceh province of Indonesia was the only islamist part of it? Since it's the only province in the nation that has sharia.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This come from local news in Indonesia. A Catholic men looking for a house to rent. But, he didn't know that the village only for muslims. The village leader reject him living there.

??

This same thing has been actively going on for many centuries....

Nothing new nor different.

Just in various places, the reason "not to allow" someone may be anything from

being poor, religion, skin color, language spoken, disabilities,

lack of mob connections, politics, and so on.

True followers of Jesus who stand up for the truth are persecuted no matter where they live.

• Agree
Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0