united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone else find healing and comfort in following a calming and soothing Saturday night ritual of preparation for Sunday morning service?

I'm finding that if I prepare for church the night before, it reduces my general anxiety and fears about loss of purpose and meaning in life.

I am preparing to go to gods house, so I feel like a structured evening preparation is really beneficial.

Long, slow shower, laying out my clothes for the next day, burning a candle while reading some scripture, praying quietly while I listen to soft instrumental music, and going to bed early.

This sure beats aimlessly wondering the internet and keeps me on a schedule here at home.

Anyone else find this peace on Saturday nights?

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Anyone else find healing and comfort in following a calming and soothing Saturday night ritual of preparation for Sunday morning service?

I'm finding that if I prepare for church the night before, it reduces my general anxiety and fears about loss of purpose and meaning in life.

I am preparing to go to gods house, so I feel like a structured evening preparation is really beneficial.

Long, slow shower, laying out my clothes for the next day, burning a candle while reading some scripture, praying quietly while I listen to soft instrumental music, and going to bed early.

This sure beats aimlessly wondering the internet and keeps me on a schedule here at home.

Anyone else find this peace on Saturday nights?
Not specifically on Saturday nights...but I do look forward to my daily morning prayer time and devotions, as it does give me a great peace to face each day, as I “connect” to God, and make Him the first part of my morning.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not specifically on Saturday nights...but I do look forward to my daily morning prayer time and devotions, as it does give me a great peace to face each day, as I “connect” to God, and make Him the first part of my morning.

is there a ritual to this morning prayer, such as hot coffee and the word, or a bit of meditative prasie music on in the background?

does anyone do a sunrise devotion and prayer, and actually is watching the rising sun?

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
is there a ritual to this morning prayer, such as hot coffee and the word, or a bit of meditative prasie music on in the background?

does anyone do a sunrise devotion and prayer, and actually is watching the rising sun?
My prayer time is before food or drink, and done in silence (well aloud when I become too distracted by my thoughts) but I often watch the sun come up during it. After my prayers are finished, a cup of coffee is a necessity and often some Christian music accompanies my readings before I get ready for the day. And there is a pattern and routine that I guess one could call a ritual.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For my wife and me daily time spent in prayer and the Word is so important and refreshing.

Upvote 0