bearing false witness is a sin

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For an example, look how people respond when their doctrines go under close examination and scrutiny..They call people haters, if someone notices false teaching and doesn't say something that is hatred not the other way aound...
I for one welcome the opportunity to have the doctrines of grace put under scrutiny, it simply confirms my own understanding.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For an example, look how people respond when their doctrines go under close examination and scrutiny..They call people haters, if someone notices false teaching and doesn't say something that is hatred not the other way aound...
I for one welcome the opportunity to have the doctrines of grace put under scrutiny, it simply confirms my own understanding.

I think both sides of that argument should play the 'victim card' less.

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
1 Peter 3:15-16
But set Christ apart as Lord in your hearts and always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks about the hope you possess. Yet do it with courtesy and respect, keeping a good conscience, so that those who slander your good conduct in Christ may be put to shame when they accuse you.

Some people forget this altogether.

Remember it is as bad to bear false witness as it is to falsely accuse someone of it. Both should be reported and not publicly addressed.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it also a sin to do it when you believe you are correct in your accusation?
The matter should be between only three individuals..the accused,accuser and God.Bearing false WITNESS is to say that you SAW or HEARD a transgression of the LAW in order to have that person punished when it did not occur in the first place,NOT what one THINKS the transgressor did or did not do or thought.
Bearing false witness is a two faced sword..to accuse one falsely with malice,or to DENY the accusation untruthfully.
The same extends to the forum rules..They are there to protect us ALL..NOT the individual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Peter 3:15-16
But set Christ apart as Lord in your hearts and always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks about the hope you possess. Yet do it with courtesy and respect, keeping a good conscience, so that those who slander your good conduct in Christ may be put to shame when they accuse you.

Some people forget this altogether.

Remember it is as bad to bear false witness as it is to falsely accuse someone of it. Both should be reported and not publicly addressed.

The report button is so easily abused,
There needs to be a MEDIATOR team to help smooth out problems before they become reportable issues. The Mods already have a boat load of issues on their hands..Why add more over petty issues? I was once a Mod trainee,and it truly sickened me to see the number of petty grievances blown all out of proportions.Pages of back log..
If I am breaking forum rules,IM me..let's see if we can work it out..Put me on iggy if I offend you for a post I wrote..report me only if all else fails.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

OK, I had (and still have) no idea what is the basis for this thread, but as it appears to be something personal that I stepped into without realizing it ...

I was waiting for a discussion about something like lying vs. bearing false witness, which comes up from time to time.

Some folks think "Thou shalt not lie" is one of the ten commandments, instead of "Thou shalt not bear false witness".

But if it's personal ... I retract my involvement.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
OK, I had (and still have) no idea what is the basis for this thread, but as it appears to be something personal that I stepped into without realizing it ...

I was waiting for a discussion about something like lying vs. bearing false witness, which comes up from time to time.

Some folks think "Thou shalt not lie" is one of the ten commandments, instead of "Thou shalt not bear false witness".

But if it's personal ... I retract my involvement.

The OP is a crusader, that's all you need to know. ;)

He was acting slighted by how someone interpreted his post in another thread and he mentioned "bearing false witness" but apparently he needed to go further and take a shot at public shaming.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0