California
✟10,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Something has been bothering me in Calvinism. I'm not against it, I am one. I just have a question that's been gnawing at me.

Why would God order Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiple if that will cause more damnation and leave the non elect without any hope since grace needs to be granted to them?

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, I thought Genesis said, be beautiful and multiply ---- ahhhh.

We do not know whom will turn their life to Jesus. So, would it be unfair not to allow one to be born who will be chosen?

We need more Christian Schools and better teaching of Parents to bring raise their Children in the ways of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Something has been bothering me in Calvinism. I'm not against it, I am one. I just have a question that's been gnawing at me.

Why would God order Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiple if that will cause more damnation and leave the non elect without any hope since grace needs to be granted to them?
I have often wondered the same thing.The order to be fruitful and multiply came before the fall.But they did not even know how to do it until after the fall. So go figure.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have often wondered the same thing.The order to be fruitful and multiply came before the fall.But they did not even know how to do it until after the fall. So go figure.

How do you reach that conclusion?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How do you reach that conclusion?
Well, in chapter 4 of Genesis scripture says Adam knew his wife. That is the first mention of Eve conceiving.That is after the fall when they had been driven from the garden.
Gen. 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Upvote 0