USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
(This goes for both talking in real life and typing online)

In these sad times, you don't have to look very hard to find people who frequently use curse words, talk about things that should not be discussed in public, and/or say hurtful things. Christians are called not to speak that way but to honor God and build others up with their words.

Words are more than just words and they mean more than you might think. They can bless someone or hurt someone; they can even have lasting effects on someone, positive or negative. So always try to be careful with your words because you never know what effect they might have. Think before you speak and ask yourself these two questions:

1. Would I say this if Jesus was right beside me?
2. Would I want someone to say this to me?

If the answer to one or both of these questions is no, then it's likely best not to say it.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
(This goes for both talking in real life and typing online)

In these sad times, you don't have to look very hard to find people who frequently use curse words, talk about things that should not be discussed in public, and/or say hurtful things. Christians are called not to speak that way but to honor God and build others up with their words.

Words are more than just words and they mean more than you might think. They can bless someone or hurt someone; they can even have lasting effects on someone, positive or negative. So always try to be careful with your words because you never know what effect they might have. Think before you speak and ask yourself these two questions:

1. Would I say this if Jesus was right beside me?
2. Would I want someone to say this to me?

If the answer to one or both of these questions is no, then it's likely best not to say it.

Proverbs 17:27
A man of knowledge restrains his words, and a man of understanding keeps a cool head.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A good reminder; thanks for sharing.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God." --Matthew 5:9
712KJVobJaL._SX425_.jpg

May God bless us all, especially those of us that struggle with judgementalness!

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

serenedi

Jan 24, 2012
Texas
✟11,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Proverbs 18
20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0