BCD: Freedom from Condemnation

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
FREEDOM FROM CONDEMNATION

Those who believe in Christ are free from eternal condemnation.

John 3:17,18a
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned

Rom 8:1 there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Rom 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

John 5:24 I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Such freedom from condemnation is due to the fact that God has forgiven our sins.

Heb 8:12 I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

Ps 103:8-13 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

Col 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

keiw

Jan 8, 2022
upstate, ny
✟2,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
FREEDOM FROM CONDEMNATION

Those who believe in Christ are free from eternal condemnation.

John 3:17,18a For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned

Rom 8:1 there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Rom 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

John 5:24 I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Such freedom from condemnation is due to the fact that God has forgiven our sins.

Heb 8:12 I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

Ps 103:8-13 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

Col 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Matt 7:22-23--You must have missed this because these all believe. That is judgement scenario. And its what Jesus taught.
Acts 3:19--Repent and turn around( stop doing the sin) to get sins blotted out.
Hebrews 10:26-- There is no sacrafice left for any who practice a sin.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matt 7:22-23--You must have missed this because these all believe. That is judgement scenario. And its what Jesus taught.

In Acts three, the Jews were being told to repent (change their minds) about Jesus, stop rejecting him and instead believe. The context is pretty clear.
If the "repent" of verse 19 refers to sin, then this is nothing but a rehash of salvation by works.
Consider the repent of verse 19 refers to their rejection and murder of Jesus.

Acts 3:1
13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.
14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.
15 You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.
16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.
17 “Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders.
18 But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer.
19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Upvote 0

keiw

Jan 8, 2022
upstate, ny
✟2,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
In Acts three, the Jews were being told to repent (change their minds) about Jesus, stop rejecting him and instead believe. The context is pretty clear.
If the "repent" of verse 19 refers to sin, then this is nothing but a rehash of salvation by works.
Consider the repent of verse 19 refers to their rejection and murder of Jesus.

Acts 3:1
13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.
14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.
15 You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.
16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.
17 “Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders.
18 But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer.
19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Verse 19 is to all. Best believe Jesus at Matt 7:22-23 because many Jaws will be dropped to the floor.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

You're misconstruing those as advocating justification by the Law, which apparently is what you're putting your faith in. So have you earned your salvation yet by your works, or are you still working on it?

In contrast it's written, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith— and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." Eph 2:8,9

"Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works" Rom 4:4,5

And Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

But apparently you don't believe the gospel.

Upvote 0

keiw

Jan 8, 2022
upstate, ny
✟2,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You're misconstruing those as advocating justification by the Law, which apparently is what you're putting your faith in. So have you earned your salvation yet by your works, or are you still working on it?

In contrast it's written, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith— and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." Eph 2:8,9

"Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works" Rom 4:4,5

And Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

But apparently you don't believe the gospel.

There is a whole gospel. Yes all sin, some practice a sin. Its the practice of a sin that will keep one out of Gods kingdom. Read Matthew 7:22-23-- these are all those being told and believing they are christian it clearly shows. Jesus says he does not know one who works iniquity= practice a sin. Believe him.
Its still grace to the rest because they still sin, but they do not practice a sin.

Upvote 0