• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

BBC Radio 4 In Our Time programme on Arianism

Discussion in 'Christian History' started by Vanellus, May 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Vanellus

Vanellus Newbie

+231
    Baptist
    Private
    BBC Radio 4 - In Our Time, Arianism

You need to listen to the whole programme to properly benefit from this introduction to this important subject. It's not susceptible to being condensed into a short summary. I'm posting this for those who may be interested enough in the subject to listen to it. This doesn't mean I agree with everything that was said but I think it has educational value. Since it's a radio programme there shouldn't be any licensing issue but let me know if there is a problem with the link.

There's a reading list to go with the programme.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+3,501
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It was a major problem in the early church.

3. The Liturgist

The Liturgist Traditional Liturgical Christian

+1,176
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Thank you for the link! More members of the forum need to know about Arianism. I have Dr. Rowan Williams book on the subject (I really wish he was still Archbishop of Canterbury).

4. Vanellus

Vanellus Newbie

+231
    Baptist
    Private
    Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't know Rowan Williams had written a book on the subject. I like him as a writer despite his somewhat elliptical style. Once you get past that I find what he writes is invariably important.

5. MilcahOralie

MilcahOralie New Member

+0
    France
    Charismatic
    Single
    I will learn more about this radio content.
    For a list of high-quality radio stations, visit the website: internetradiohoren

Last edited: May 29, 2021