• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Battling Same sex attraction

Dimitrik

Apr 19, 2020
Ohio
✟16,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello friends, brothers, and sister. I’m glad I found this forum. The reason I’m writing here is to find some encouragement in my battle with same sex attraction. Something I’ve discovered at a very young age. I can say that i did discover this through inappropriate contentography. Anyway. I’m 25 now, married (to a woman), and sick of living the way I use to. I’ve been clean from inappropriate contentography for a some time now, and did confess of all my shortcomings to my wife. Now I’m dealing with my same sex attraction so I can feel attraction to my wife the way God designed it to be.

I’m would like to hear any suggestions or thoughts about this situation.

thanks.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello & welcome @Dimitrik .

The first, best that you can do is avoid situations that place you into temptation, just like with hetero-temptation.

Some churches have more experience in dealing with that area, like

Last edited:
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Caution. Adult dialogue. Viewer discretion advised.

The first thing I’m gong to do when I get to Heaven (ok, the second) is to seek out Adam. What the heck he was thinking, eating that fruit? Remember now - he was created naked, and woman likewise; and they ran around for God knows how long that way. It wasn’t until they ate from the tree that they thought it was odd to be naked, and covered up. (Please note that it took both of them. But please also note, that it was the woman who initiated something we men then took the blame for. ;) ). But really, Adam, man, talk about blowing’ it in Biblical proportions. If you hadn’t eaten that apple, Maxim could print pictures of women who are actually naked. And I'd be at the mall riding crowded elevators.

Oh that human body, that fallen flesh. God made it. All of it. Even that. And these. And here, there, and this little spot way under … giggle … All those wonderful nerve endings ... His design. Those organs, hormones and neural pathways, with the sole purpose of making you want to become one with another… His design. Born naked ... His design.

All of which has been screwed under satan's authority. That which was so innocent has now become so vile. And our flesh, like a leash, drags us into that villainy. But what can we do, even when it's not being tempted by satan - it's still flesh! Fallen and opposed to God. The only way to be truly free of it is to be done with it. But that's not a choice we're supposed to make for ourselves.

So the battle is not to try and be rid of the urges (as the Borg say, resistance is futile) but to learn how to manage them. You must have a plan. That includes confessing your failures, and asking forgiveness. When you submit to a demon yanking on your leash, you empower it over you. Confession is the way you rebuke that. In God's mind, salvation forgiveness is a once for lifetime event, and the power of sin has no effect on it. But the power of sin in the here and now is that if you submit to an authority, you're submitted to that authority... until you rebuke it. So bring it before God, confess what you got dirty in (again), and pray the Blood of Christ be poured out upon and within you for the cleansing it brings in both spirit and body. Pray the Holy Spirit be poured out upon you as well, filling your spirit to be stronger against the flesh. Be specific in your prayers. And confront the enemy and his minions who are going to use that flesh of yours. They're going to taunt and tease and do their best to entice you. They've built a global society around it. Be aware of that, and like the verse paraphrases, if your HBO causes you to sin then cut it off. That or your hand, but I'd try the HBO first.

Know how I treat my addiction? I come here. I told myself that when I was tempted, I would come here first, and that if 30 minutes later I was still worked up I'd go ahead. I'm still here.

God bless you for fighting the fight.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Learn to love Christ more than the desires of the flesh, the best way is to accept forgiveness when the flesh is stronger, then you will begin to love The Lord and the good thing is that love for the Lord knows little sin.

So eat grace and grow in love towards God and neighbour and you will overcome this affliction.

(Great you are open about it, that helps heaps already. So go, eat grace and learn to love your Saviour with a passion so strong that wilful sin begins to loose its flavour. i left lots of addictions and wilful sinning behind learning to love Him true. He is worth every bit of it. He is an awesome Lord and so gracious and patient. He can even turn a rock into child of God.)

Be of good courage.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You need to draw a line in the sand and make full use of everything that God has given you. In other words, resist through the power of God. Realize what Jesus has done for you and pay close attention to the scriptures that deal with your issues. Throw yourself at the mercy of God but do whatever it takes to fight this by fasting, counseling, deliverance. Maintain a habit of church, Christian fellowship prayer, praise and bible reading, something every Christian needs to do anyway. "Greater is he that is in you, than He that is in the world."

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello friends, brothers, and sister. I’m glad I found this forum. The reason I’m writing here is to find some encouragement in my battle with same sex attraction. Something I’ve discovered at a very young age. I can say that i did discover this through inappropriate contentography. Anyway. I’m 25 now, married (to a woman), and sick of living the way I use to. I’ve been clean from inappropriate contentography for a some time now, and did confess of all my shortcomings to my wife. Now I’m dealing with my same sex attraction so I can feel attraction to my wife the way God designed it to be.

I’m would like to hear any suggestions or thoughts about this situation.

thanks.

Remember to love your wife as Christ loves the Church.

That means we don't do those,
not right in the eyes of God things.

Keep putting up the good fight brother.

As you probably know there are support groups.

Meet weekly for coffee with your Pastor or an Elder. We should feel free to share all with these ones.

M

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Attraction and action are two entirely different things. Action meaning not acting on contact but also not imagining. I believe in my heart that God can deliver you from this, you just need to believe it ! There are attractive people in the world, doesn't mean we lust for them in the flesh. That's the part we get delivered from, the lust.

I heard a pastor in the pulpit one time say to the body for the men not to look at women, be careful with your eyes. I get the point but only too a point. If you literally can't look because it will distract you physically/emotionally/sexually then you aren't set free from your problem. And we want to be set free, only God can do that.

Welcome to the forums incidentally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forum. Just want you to know you are not alone. The Lord turned my life around about thirty years ago when I repented of seeking a fulfilled life through trying to find love from the same sex. Same sexual attraction is a problem much deeper than just simply controlling your lusts. The first step is to truly make Jesus your Lord and Savior and to allow the Holy Spirit to start working in your life. Remember the story of the rich young ruler, Jesus told him he had to sell everything and give it to the poor. With guys who believe they must worship other guys (and that is what same sex attraction is) "selling everything" for them is to make the decision to leave the sin of worshiping guys completely. Just know, that is an impossible thing to accomplish on your own, but you must decide that you place all your faith in the power of Jesus Christ and decide you hate this sin for what it is doing to you and your family.

Best of luck with your healing. What we can discuss here is limited, so you may wish to start a thread on this subject in the Mental Health section of this forum.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Dimitrik,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Go to my homepage listed in my profile and get a free copy of my first published Christian book. My second published book will be there soon. They should help.

323869_9b7ae3c1c36bdc5c9e0a46ba5a3f3eb7.gif

05c8192c72896f3ad2fb960453b32d0a.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SirHash

Jan 28, 2019
Pearland
✟24,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Dimitrik, there's already been quite a bit of good advice on this thread. So a) welcome aboard brother b) it seems to me you've got the right mindset to start with, so persevere in obedience and c) consider confiding in your pastor--treating this "condition" has become very politicized, but don't let that stop you from getting more help in dealing with it. Your pastor can connect you to that help or be it for you outright.
Hang in there man, God speed.

Upvote 0