• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Batman Begins Trailer

Discussion in 'The Box Office' started by KenobiKid, Jul 30, 2004.

1. KenobiKid

KenobiKid Kubrick Historian

+27
    Christian
    http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

The trailer can be seen there. I can not wait for this movie! I think Christian Bale was the perfect pick for Batman, I've loved everything else he's done. Easily one of the most underated actors out there. I have high hopes for this film, maybe it can redeem the trash that was called Batman Fovever and Batman and Robin.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Active Member

+15
    Non-Denom
    Let's hope so. A return to the roots of Batman would be nice.

3. Gerry_NY

Gerry_NY Regular Member

+29
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I agree with you about Christian Bale, he is definitely an underrated movie star. And I also hope that this movie brings back the feel of the first 2 Batman movies.

4. BrianM84

BrianM84 Keepin' It Real

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    It looks good and everything, but changing the batmobile into a TANK...big mistake.

I'll be better than Batman & Robin, which is arguebly the worst movie of all-time. Batman Forever wasn't that bad, but it lost it's dark and serious effect from Batman Returns and Batman 89 which is one of the greatest movies ever made.

5. ZaraDurden

ZaraDurden Comfortably Numb

+136
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I have a nagging fear that this is going turn out to be along the lines of The league of Extraordinary Gentlemen/Van Helsing.

Those movies were not terrible, but compared to the first and second Batman they were pretty lame. I doubt this new one will be as good as the first 2 because its supposed to be wholly unconnected to them. Sadly comparisons are as sure as death and taxes, and the movie would have to be incredible to hold up.

6. Bladecarver

+15
    Non-Denom
    It's got to be better than the last two. And the tank does seem a bit out of sorts, but I'll be there when it comes out...

7. Acickea926

Acickea926 Member

+3
    Anglican
    I jus watched the trailer and this movie looks SOOOO GOOD!! i loooooved all the batman movies just because I like batman and I cant wait!! hehe im a dork!

8. Pope Gonzo

Pope Gonzo Well-Known Member

+27
    Christian
    I dunno... it seems like they're just trying to milk the superhero thing a little more. It's got high potential... but I guess it's my cynical side keeping my expectations low.

9. mnmcandiez

mnmcandiez Veteran

+30
    Christian
    Batman Forever was a good movie

10. Akicks

Akicks Member

+5
    Christian
    Christian Bale would deffinately be a good pick, but i hope it doesnt do what the last few super hero movies did. i agree with Zara, some of the last ones to come out have kinda stunk! i havent seen catwoman yet, and i kinda dont want to.

11. Britina

Britina Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I can't wait for this movie! :D

12. Kelly

Kelly Dungeon Master

+402
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ever read Dark Knight Returns?

13. The_Governator_2004

The_Governator_2004 Member

+10
    Protestant
    I like the thought of Michael Caine as Alfred, that'll be interesting.

14. unnumbered son

unnumbered son Guest

+0
    I am looking forward to it, being a Batman fan myself........
    I don't know i it will live up to the other movies though.........

15. peanutbutter12

peanutbutter12 Senior Veteran

+222
    Christian
    Private
    *sigh* I hope they don't screw this one up too.

CJ

16. Lizzi4Christ

Lizzi4Christ I'm worth waiting for.

+116
    Baptist
    Engaged
    US-Others
    I'm excited about this. I think Christian Bale is going to be an excellant Batman. He was superb in Equilibrium.

17. Bladecarver

+15
    Non-Denom
    I kinda liked the old Alfred. However, I know Caine can do it.

18. Něco hrubého oprýskaného 1

NÄ›co hrubého oprýskaného 1 Spád

+7
    Eastern Orthodox
    I don't know. Christopher Nolan (who also did Memento) is directing the new Batman movie.

The cast seems pretty strong: Michael Caine (Alfred), Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Gary Oldman.

It'll definitely be different than all of the other Batman movies (but probably not like Van Helsing. I hope!)

19. ptsofathrty

ptsofathrty Regular Member

+6
    Christian
    Single
    I hope they try to tell more of Bruce's story and go into depth with it; show his struggle and pain. Batman and Robin was like a cartoon to me; no real substance or conflict.
    I hope they try harder with this one.

20. EJO

EJO Hellafreak

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I am SO excited to see this movie. Did anyone ever see the indie Batman movie called Dead End? It was released at the Comic Con last year and got standing ovations. Check it out at this link:
    http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/batman_deadend/
    This is a great movie if you are a batman fan.

anyway....God Bless

EJO