Basic Math Challenge: Chimpanzee and Human DNA divergence

Is the Chimp/human DNA 98 to 99 or is the divergence 4% based on DNA comparisons?

• Total voters

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The fact that you can admit it does not gives me great hope for you...

What, exactly, do you think I am "admitting"?

I am saying it may not be true but it may be...or that it could not be true because it could....but what I am saying is declare the real data we actually have (minus the speculation of what it means) and also declare the "historical narrative" attached, but declare it as just that...a "belief" not a fact.

:scratch:

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I never predicted 70%,

I recall you averring at some point that as more research was done the similarity would be reduced to 70%. I'll do some searching next time I'm on a computer.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I recall you averring at some point that as more research was done the similarity would be reduced to 70%. I'll do some searching next time I'm on a computer.
Well by all means but the thought never occurred to me and I've been doing this for over ten years. I've always maintained 95%-96%, as does all the credible research. If you find me saying something else somewhere I will be glad to help clear that up.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What, exactly, do you think I am "admitting"?

:scratch:

When you said "The fact that you think science proves things or that there is such a thing as scientific proof is not a good sign."

This is an indirtect admission that science does not prove anything (not really) which true about somethings and not true about others. Regarding the subject at hand it proves nothing.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But, but, but placoderms...

You shouldn't use Sagan quotes at the bottim because though he was a genius he was an idiot...we have no extant texts of the Library of Alexandria, and there are not "billions of planets teeming with life" and so much more....he was a fancy more educated version of Bill Nye.

Upvote 0