✟11,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Baruch Hashem.! God is so good!

I searched goggle for a place to talk with believers. Specifically, for my addiction but for other reasons, too. It is wonderful to fellowship with believers.

A little about me:
I am a 44 year old man who is a Messianic Jewish believer. My parents have been married for over 45 years. I have an older brother and a younger sister. They have children but I do not. I grew up Baptist. I became a Messianic after finding out I am Jewish and a prompting from the Ruach Haqodesh.

The finer details (i.e., brutal honesty):
I was released from prison in January 2018. I spent 22 years (combined) for two separate convictions. I am a registered sex offender. I am currently on parole and in treatment. I struggle daily with my attractions/addiction/sin but have not hurt anyone since my release from prison.
I regret what I have done to those I have hurt and take full responsibility for my abusive actions. I suffer from pedophilia and absolutely hate this fleshly aspect of my life.

I realize that this kind of admission/confession will cause some people to question my motives. I am a hurting believer in need of support for a very stigmatized sin (as it should be). I have some support from my treatment group but not from godly men and women.

I am trying to work through this hoping for a resolution only God can give me. Meanwhile, I am looking for believers to help me. I also want to support others in my situation and have started a blog to support others (believers and non-believers).

Please share this link with those who will benefit from it:

It is my prayer and hope that God will heal me and others of this sinful affliction. May we all recover from this and never hurt others sexually or otherwise again.

PS Having trouble understanding/relating to me --> listen to Skillet's song Monster. My fleshly sinful addiction is that monster for me. I am understanding Paul in Romans 7 so much better, now. May God richly bless and keep you.

Last edited:

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I searched goggle for a place to talk with believers. Specifically, for my addiction but for other reasons, too. It is wonderful to fellowship with believers.

A little about me:
I am a 44 year old man who is a Messianic Jewish believer. My parents have been married for over 45 years. I have an older brother and a younger sister. They have children but I do not. I grew up Baptist. I became a Messianic after finding out I am Jewish and a prompting from the Ruach Haqodesh.

I was released from prison in January 2018. I spent 22 years (combined) for two separate convictions. I am a registered sex offender. I am currently on parole and in treatment. I struggle daily with my attractions/addiction/sin but have not hurt anyone since my release from prison.
I regret what I have done to those I have hurt and take full responsibility for my abusive actions. I suffer from pedophilia and absolutely hate this fleshly aspect of my life.

I realize that this kind of admission/confession will cause some people to question my motives. I am a hurting believer in need of support for a very stigmatized sin (as it should be). I have some support from my treatment group but not from godly men and women.

I am trying to work through this hoping for a resolution only God can give me. Meanwhile, I am looking for believers to help me. I also want to support others in my situation and have started a blog to support others (believers and non-believers).

It is my prayer and hope that God will heal me and others of this sinful affliction. May we all recover from this and never hurt others sexually or otherwise again.

PS Having trouble understanding/relating to me --> listen to Skillet's song Monster. My fleshly sinful addiction is that monster for me. I am understanding Paul in Romans 7 so much better, now. May God richly bless and keep you.
Welcome to the forums. I pray you are successful in dealing with your struggles.

You may find this subforum helpful:

Struggles with Sexuality

Upvote 0

FatalFantasy

Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
✟2,057.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

A little about me:

I'm not surprised by such actions, given the world we live in. All of us have done something wrong, and thing's we regret deeply. But then there's those who acknowledge their bad behaviour & those who remain ignorant of their bad behaviour.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

A little about me:

Baruch Hashem! :)

I am a 36 year old man who is also a Messianic Jewish believer. My mom was born Jewish, so I am technically also Jewish, though it is difficult for me to identify as one because I also a grew up Baptist and belong to a Baptist congregation for most of my life. I had started studying the Jewish cultural and historical context of the Bible and eventually came to the conclusion that my understanding of God's Law was incorrect. For example, if we believe the Psalms are Scripture and therefore express a correct view of God's Law, then we should therefore share the extremely positive view that it expresses of God's Law, yet I held a view that was the polar opposite, and I realized that needed to change.

I pray that God will remove the ungodly desires from your heart and replace them with godly desires. :pray:

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Welcome!

Christ is more than able to save even to the uttermost (Heb. 7:25). I believe many fail to realize how serious all sin is, that all sin deserves the same wages no matter what it is. Some sins are more serious when it deals with the welfare of another individual, but all sin is sinful beyond measure before God's perfect standard of righteousness. The lustful are on the same playing field as the adulterer before God, even though it is different before men. Christ loves all of his sheep, no matter where he finds them, no matter where he saves them.

As it is, we must fight the good fight against sin, the world, and the spiritual principalities of darkness. It isn't an easy fight, we must rest and rely on our Savior's grace to overcome and subdue our enemies, including our flesh and the indwelling sin therein!

I will pray for you.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2019
Lennox, SD
✟11,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forums. I pray you are successful in dealing with your struggles.

You may find this subforum helpful:

Struggles with Sexuality

That is the very reason I came to this site. I really believe God led me here for more than just dealing with this but to have a safe and fun place to engage other believers.

Thank you to all who have posted so far. It is encouraging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to the forums!

BTW: for everyone who does NOT understand Hebrew:

"Baruch HaShem" means "bless The Name;" with "The Name" being a euphemism for the 4 letter proper Name of God, often rendered "Jehovah," "Yahweh," or "Adonai."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello friend and welcome to the family. I truly mean that because we are all sinners and we all fall short of God's glory. You have taken the first step in overcoming and that is admitting that you are guilty of the sin. Now trust in Jesus Christ and His wonderful grace to sanctify you as you read and study His Word diligently.
There is much power in the blood my friend :]

Upvote 0