United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Barrett is set to meet with several Republicans Tuesday

Supreme Court nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett is set to start meeting with senators on Tuesday as her accelerated confirmation process continues despite multiple Democrats refusing to see her, calling the process that led to her nomination so close to a presidential election "illegitimate."

“I believe first the whole process has been illegitimate," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said on Sunday. "And second, because she's already stated that she is for overturning the ACA. I will not meet with her."

Schumer, who has said if Barrett is confirmed the GOP "will have stolen two Supreme Court seats," is joined by Sens. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., and Maize Hirono, D-Hawaii, in refusing to meet with the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals judge. "I will oppose the confirmation of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, as I would any nominee proposed as part of this illegitimate sham process, barely one month before an election as Americans are already casting their votes," Blumenthal said Sunday.

Continued below.
Barrett begins visits with senators as several Dems refuse to meet with her

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every one of those Democrats who refuse to meet with the nominee are violating their pledge to serve the American People. They are serving themselves and their own agendas rather than America. They are not fit to hold office and should be removed at the earliest opportunity.

Upvote 0