Barna's poll on what constitutes Sexual Harassment

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-16_11-42-54.png
    upload_2018-1-16_11-42-54.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 3

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I'm a 43 year old woman. It's all harasssment if it happens on the job. I ignore everything up to "following" in public. I consider the rest of it between harasssment & assault.

This is why I don't trust any men I don't know exceedingly well. That some don't consider an obvious violation over the line is pathetic.

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
How is masturbation sexual harassment? Assuming we're talking about someone doing it in private, of course. Are they harassing themselves?

Men have been known to engage in this activity in public or private with unwilling witnesses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is masturbation sexual harassment? Assuming we're talking about someone doing it in private, of course. Are they harassing themselves?
I don't remember all of the details but a few months back I read about a hotel housekeeper who knocked on a room door, and with no reply; went in and saw a guy sitting in front of his laptop doing the deed. She sued the occupant for harassment and the hotel for an unsafe work environment.

I have heard nothing else on it since the initial report.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well................what do we expect from a "single guys" culture that thinks Hugh Hefner style antics and Victoria's Secrets type philosophies, among other things, are normal and mainstream?

It's time for people to wake-up and smell the coffee that Jesus is brewing up!! :cool:

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't remember all of the details but a few months back I read about a hotel housekeeper who knocked on a room door, and with no reply; went in and saw a guy sitting in front of his laptop doing the deed. She sued the occupant for harassment and the hotel for an unsafe work environment.

I have heard nothing else on it since the initial report.

Isn't that what those "Do Not Disturb" door tags are for? :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is interesting how the accused is almost always an older male (40s-50s). If a male is in his 20s and good looking it is almost always considered wanted flirting.
Not necessarily.

It is just the guy in his 50s has a much longer history of abuse. (more victims means a higher likelihood of someone coming forward)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
14% of men don't think touching or groping is sexual harassment. And neither do 4% of women. Did these researchers include bonobos in their survey?
And how is it possible that "being forced to do something sexual" was not considered to be harrassment by 100% of people? They must not think anything is harrassment then.

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily.

It is just the guy in his 50s has a much longer history of abuse. (more victims means a higher likelihood of someone coming forward)
That may be part of it but I think that both sexes are more tolerant of being harrassed if the person is attractive. Don't overreact here. I'm not saying everybody feels that way. I just think it's human nature to be more angry if an ugly person is aggressive with their flirts than if the person was extremely physically attractive. Of course there are guys in their 50s who are better looking than guys in their 20s so clearly I'm generalizing to make a point. Human nature can be strong.

Upvote 0