✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Baptized by ONE Spirit = Christ's Holy Spirit

1 Cor 12:13 For by one [Holy] Spirit we were all baptized into one body, [spiritually transformed—united together] whether Jews or Greeks (Gentiles), slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one [Holy] Spirit [since the same Holy Spirit fills each life].
Bible source link: Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 12 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: Only Christ baptizes with the Holy Spirit [Matt 3:11, Lk 3:16, Mk 1:8, Jn 1:33]. All believer's drink from this Living Water [Jn 4:10, 6:35, 7:37-38, Rev 2:17 Jer 17:13]. Christ's eternal indwelling salvation sealing Holy Spirit [Eph 1:13, 2 Cor 1:22 & Eph 4:30]

Col 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ in the stripping off of the body of the flesh [the sinful carnal nature]
Bible source link:
Bible Gateway passage: Colossians 2 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: OT covenant of circumcision was physical & done/performed with hands. The NT circumcision is Spiritual & performed/done by the Lord Jesus without hands. (Deut 30:6)

Gal 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ [into a spiritual union with the Christ, the Anointed] have clothed yourselves with Christ [that is, you have taken on His characteristics and values].
Bible source link: Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 3 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: The believer is clothed [via Christ's H/S] with a white robe of righteousness/salvation [Job 29:14, Isa 61:10, Zec 3:4, Rev 19:7-8)

Eph 4:
4 There is one body [of believers] and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when called [to salvation]
(MY NOTE: One body/church, one Spirit/Holy Spirit)

5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Bible source link:
Ephesians 4 AMP - Unity of the Spirit - So I, the - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: One Lord/Jesus, one baptism/Holy Spirit & one faith/the faith OF
Christ [Gal 2:16, 2:20, 3:22, Rom 3:22] & those that place their faith in it/Him)

All praise, glory, honor belong to the Lord Jesus. Amen

Last edited:

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,066.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That,'s what study results were too

There's "...the doctrine of baptisms,..." (Heb 6:2).

There's 3 main baptisms - 3 immersions

1 - By The Holy Spirit into Jesus (baptism at salvation).
2- By Jesus who sends the promise of the Father baptists us "by," "with" and "in" the Holy Spirit who also comes upon us (The Spirit baptism)
3 - By
another believer (water baptism)

1 - By The Holy Spirit into Jesus which reconciles us to God is the baptism for salvation. Baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ by believing in His death, burial, and resurrection.
(Rev 1:5; Matt 26:28; Mark 1:4-9, 16:16; Luk 3:3; 1 Cor 12:13; Acts 2:38; Gal 3:27, II Cor 5:18).

Water and Spirit baptism follows salvation - not in a set order though
2 - By another believer (water baptism) "... fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness," All 3 persons of the Godhead endorsed it (Matt 3:13-16). (Matt 3:6,11; 28:18-20; Acts 8:39, 10:47, 22:16; John 3:5).

3 - By Jesus who sends the promise of the Father baptists us "by," "with" and "in" the Holy Spirit (The Spirit baptism) includes when the Holy Spirit comes upon us, He endures us with power for service to Him, to be His witnesses, and to keep His Word. (Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; John 1:33, Acts 1:5, 8:14-17, 10:44-48, 11:16; I Cor 12:13, Luk 24:49, Eph 5:18, Acts 4:31; I John 3:24; Eze 36:25-28; John 14:25-27).

They're different yet
"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think most of the Protestant church has it's doctrine on baptism all wrong.

Look at the scriptural, historical context of the Church. There is only one book in all human history on Church history that God Himself has endorsed, one. The Book of Acts. What does church practice in the book of Acts say about baptism? It says that Jesus would baptize in the Holy Spirit, and it says that people must be baptized in water. That's it.

Acts 2:37 - What should we do? Was the question of convicted hearts after Peter's Pentecost Sermon.

Acts 2:38 is his response - Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins!

Be baptized is referring to both water baptism.

In Acts 8, Philip preaches to the Eunuch. Immediately the Eunuch says, "Look there is water, what prevents me from being baptized?" Water - Baptism.

In Acts 10, Peter is preaching to Cornelius and the Gentiles. As he was preaching the Spirit fell on them and Peter says, "Who can withhold water for baptizing..." Water - Baptism

In John 3:3 Jesus said unless one is born again they cannot see the Kingdom of God, and then he defines what born again means in John 3:5 by born of WATER & SPIRIT. Some will say, water, in this context is referring to human birth, but that's not accurate. Jesus in just the next verse (John 3:6) says that which is born of flesh is flesh, not that which is born of water is flesh. And in John 1:12-13 it says, "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God." Jews did not refer to human birth as "born of water" but rather born of blood and/or born of flesh. So it can't be that, so what else can it be?

And notice, Jesus spent time with His disciples immediately after this conversation baptizing people, in water. John 3:22-24 "Jesus went into the Judean countryside... baptizing.. water was plentiful" Even in John 4:1, "Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John"

I present that when scripture speaks of baptismS as has been emphasized from Hebrews 6:1-2, it's only water baptism and the baptism of the Holy Spirit from Jesus. And we can differentiate between the two in scripture using a very scriptural method.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit resulted in tongues and outward manifestations. Acts 2 the crowds thought the Apostles were drunk, they heard and saw (Acts 2:33). In Acts 8 Simon the Magician saw the Spirit had been given. In Acts 9, scales fell from Paul's eyes when he received the Holy Spirit. In Acts 10, Peter and his group saw the Spirit had fallen on Cornelius. Outward manifestations.

The baptism of water results in new birth. This is us going into the water dead and full of sin, but coming up full of life in the Spirit. In water baptism there is no outward change, at least not immediately, but we die to our sins (Romans 6:1-4), have our old sin nature cut away (Colossians 2:11-12), are clothed with Christ (Galatians 3:27), and are regenerated by the Spirit (Ezekiel 36:25-27; John 3:3-5; Titus 3:5)

This is why in Acts they baptized people, in water, immediately upon repentance. And the baptism of the Spirit was a separate matter.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Emblem: a symbolic representation of a particular quality or concept.

Water baptism is an emblem of the true spiritual baptism/circumcision. Done only by Christ & without hands.

An outwardly public profession of identifying with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ

Today water baptism is neither a conduit nor a requirement for salvation.

While Christ is still alive & the Temple was still operating under the OT/covenant rules. The order was water baptism 1st then receive the Holy Spirit.

For a Jew during that timeframe. A public confession that Jesus was Lord was seen as idolatry & brought severe persecution.

Ja 1:1 Written primarily to Jews that had fled for their lives. Acts 1:1-2 Saul breathing out threats of slaughter against disciples of the Lord. Goes unto the high priest to get letters & proceeds to Damascus synagogues. Find any believer, man or women. Bringing them back in chains to Jerusalem to be punished.

This water baptism 1st, Holy Spirit 2nd, continues for 6-7 yrs post Christ death.

Scripture proclaims [Rom 1:16, 2:9-10] Salvation was offered 1st to the Jew then to the gentile.

This process inverts to Holy Spirit 1st & water baptism 2nd. At Cornelius house [Acts 10]. Jesus' death had broken down the middle wall of partition between Jew & gentile [Eph 2:14] And the Jews had, had, a Shemita after Pentecost running start.

Salvation is accessed [Rom 5:1-2, Eph 2:8] by Grace thru Faith, placed in the redemptive sin atoning death, burial & resurrection of the Lord Jesus [1 Cor 15:1-4].

Jn 12:24 Jesus said; Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground & die "it abideth alone" but if it die" it bringeth forth much fruit"

Water baptism sets the believer up, to begin producing Godly fruits. Another important Christ given decree is partaking in the Lord's supper.

The Lord's Supper "nourishes & sustains" those already born again, His Church/Body.

Jn 6:53 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood; ""ye have NO LIFE in you""

Without spiritual life you'll won't be able to reproduce (soul winning).

Last edited:
Upvote 0