Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have been asked to candidate in a church in Edmonton. Which is great news.

Edmonton is almost exactly on the other side of the country from me. Which means that we would pick up everything and leave everything we know and everyone who is so important to us (not the least of all our church family) and pursue God's will.

At one point in my life I answered the call with a, "Yes Lord!" and said that I was willing to do anything and go anywhere that He wanted. I just didn't expect it to be so far :sorry: .

I didn't really struggle with the decision because when they asked me they said, "Are you willing to go to Edmonton?" Ack!!! If only they'd said, "Do you want to go to Edmonton?" Ha!

I was driving in my car, home from work one day last week and I was thinking... man, what a sacrifice. Then a still small voice said to me, "Yeah the cross was a sacrifice too, so what are you willing to sacrifice?" Ack! (I hate when that happens). So I said, "Anything you want."

So now the process has begun and we'll find out in a few weeks whether or not I'll be flying out to Edmonton to preach and be interviewed by the board and the church. So please pray for us that God's will be done, regardless of what makes us comfortable.

Reactions: Gwenyfur
Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
A group of christian ladies, myself included, have opened a faith based battered women's shelter...we can talk freely of Jesus' love, healing, salvation, security and grace :)
It's awesome. But as with all new ministries we are struggling to keep our heads above that financial sea it's so easy to drown in. Please, pray for our support as well as our spiritual strength....but most of all, pray that our focus and central purpose remains sharing the Gospel of Jesus and not on the situations these girls are coming out of.
Thanks y'all :)
God Bless

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am struggling about where I belong, and in what church I belong in. I am a member of a Baptist church but am having problems with some of what is taught. So I guess I would ask for God to open my eyes to where I belong and what is the truth.

Upvote 0

mesue

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
:pray: Praying for BT, Gwenyfur and Uncle Bud :pray:

:bow: Praising God for BT's obedience to God. :clap: He will honor it and bless it.
At least He has called you to your own country ;)

If you think of it, I would like prayer for clear direction for a job and church ministry. I injured my neck in November and have been out of work since. I can no longer do the kind of Nursing that I have been. But, I still need to work.
thank you
:hug: 's

Upvote 0

Kristi1

His Daughter
May 11, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟20,248.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am so depressed because no Income since 2003 :cry: I am Severly Disabled and the Judge is not yet give me my SSDI income :cry: My hearing was March 9th, 2005 and I have to go too another appointment for the SSA Judge made me. I had to see an Phd <~ (Post Hole Digger, of Pile Higher Deeper) April 21st, 2005 Psychologists for 6 hours for my mind test :mad:

I am Severely Disabled and am awaiting my Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) from the Social Security Administration! I had my Hearing March 9th, 2005 with the Honorable Judge Ralph Jones :mad:! I do NOT need anymore undue stress as I am in Therapy and my therapist can tell you I am Severely Disabled and Chronic Major Depression. I have Two Ruptured disks in my back at C5-C6 and L4-L5. I was also born with a Major Birth Defect called &#8220;Pectus Excavatum&#8221; My Breast Bone was Fused to my back bone when I was born! My entire rib cage was rebuilt and I have stainless steel wires hold my rib cage together at my Sternum bone. I take Vicodin Pain pills Everyday and Trazodone prescription sleeping pills so I can sleep at night. I also Take Zoloft for my Depression! So, you see I CANNOT handle anymore Stress! I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as well.

Love n' Hugs, YSIC,

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Everyone,

Last night I went to my church's bible study. This study has been an on going study in the book of Revelation. I am not sure exactly how long, but its been over a year now they have been studying. Since I've become a new believer(February) in our Lord Jesus, my feelings of loving, learning and serving the Lord is very enormous. What I am afraid of is losing this feeling if I continue to go to this study. I can handle the stuff I am learning in the bible about Revelation, its the "theories" of how some of the signs are going to be. Such as, the internet is a possible method used by the anti-christ to keep track of all the people left here on earth. Coming to this conclusion by the "WWW" that is in the web addresses. Apparently the Hebrew language never had numbers. When they adopted the english numeric system. They assigned the letters numbers. W was assigned the number 6....which would give thought to the "www" or 666. That there is technology of a micro-chip being inserted into humans to track any information that person so desires. This chip is about the size of a grain of rice. Its injected through a syringe and then it bonds to the underskin. Making it almost impossible to remove. Then it was mentioned that scientist are able to now harnest some of the humans magnetic brain waves and convert it to radio waves which is then able to be directed back to the brain. This could be a possible way the anti-christ manipulates the minds of the people left on earth. I swear I thought as I was sitting there I was hearing the script of the movie "Total Recall" the one with Arnold. (Side note, weird coincidence, Arnold was being interviewed on Hanity and Colmes last night when I came home from this study:eek: )Then there was thoughts on what the mark of the beast is going to be....ie: credit cards & UPC codes. I keep hearing the "rapture is close". "We are so close we can taste it." "We christians wont need to worry about any of what is going to happen during the tribulation period cause we will be with God. BUT......we better be scared for our loved ones that are NOT saved. We better try our hardest to get them to come to know the Lord. " This is where my dilemia starts. My husband and others in the family are not saved. Coming home last night just was so frustrating cause I want so despartely for my loved ones to know the Lord. However, I also realize that I CANNOT bring them to the Lord. The only thing that I CAN do is be used as an instrument to bring them to the Lord if it is His will. How do I know what I should or shouldn't be doing for the Lord in His quest to bring my family's souls to Him? I feel so much pressure now.

I wonder if I should stop going to this bible study until I can get a better foundation and grounded in the Lord? Could I get some advice and prayers , please?

Thank you so much!
newbeliever :)

Upvote 0

mesue

Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
newbeliever02072005 said:
Hello Everyone,

Last night I went to my church's bible study. This study has been an on going study in the book of Revelation. I am not sure exactly how long, but its been over a year now they have been studying. Since I've become a new believer(February) in our Lord Jesus, my feelings of loving, learning and serving the Lord is very enormous. What I am afraid of is losing this feeling if I continue to go to this study. I can handle the stuff I am learning in the bible about Revelation, its the "theories" of how some of the signs are going to be. Such as, the internet is a possible method used by the anti-christ to keep track of all the people left here on earth. Coming to this conclusion by the "WWW" that is in the web addresses. Apparently the Hebrew language never had numbers. When they adopted the english numeric system. They assigned the letters numbers. W was assigned the number 6....which would give thought to the "www" or 666. That there is technology of a micro-chip being inserted into humans to track any information that person so desires. This chip is about the size of a grain of rice. Its injected through a syringe and then it bonds to the underskin. Making it almost impossible to remove. Then it was mentioned that scientist are able to now harnest some of the humans magnetic brain waves and convert it to radio waves which is then able to be directed back to the brain. This could be a possible way the anti-christ manipulates the minds of the people left on earth. I swear I thought as I was sitting there I was hearing the script of the movie "Total Recall" the one with Arnold. (Side note, weird coincidence, Arnold was being interviewed on Hanity and Colmes last night when I came home from this study:eek: )Then there was thoughts on what the mark of the beast is going to be....ie: credit cards & UPC codes. I keep hearing the "rapture is close". "We are so close we can taste it." "We christians wont need to worry about any of what is going to happen during the tribulation period cause we will be with God. BUT......we better be scared for our loved ones that are NOT saved. We better try our hardest to get them to come to know the Lord. " This is where my dilemia starts. My husband and others in the family are not saved. Coming home last night just was so frustrating cause I want so despartely for my loved ones to know the Lord. However, I also realize that I CANNOT bring them to the Lord. The only thing that I CAN do is be used as an instrument to bring them to the Lord if it is His will. How do I know what I should or shouldn't be doing for the Lord in His quest to bring my family's souls to Him? I feel so much pressure now.

I wonder if I should stop going to this bible study until I can get a better foundation and grounded in the Lord? Could I get some advice and prayers , please?

Thank you so much!
newbeliever :)

I am praying for you and your family. You can bring them to the LORD, you just can't save them. Keep praying for your family. Don't beat them on the head with scripture (save that for the hypocrites) , just live to learn to be like Christ. Your family will see something in you that they want. God knows the desires of your heart. He knows you want to see your family's salvation.
We who are saved don't have to worry about the anti-Christ. We are under God's domain. What Satan means for bad, God will use for good. A lot of people come to know Jesus Christ as LORD and Savior from reading things over the internet. God is always in control. Don't ever forget that.
If you want to stop going to the Bible study, then don't go. But know that Revelation is not all doom and gloom. Read chapters 21 and 22, we win!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mesue

Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
mesue said:
If you think of it, I would like prayer for clear direction for a job and church ministry. I injured my neck in November and have been out of work since. I can no longer do the kind of Nursing that I have been. But, I still need to work.
thank you
:hug: 's

You guys are great prayer warriors! God is indeed awesome. I went to Celebrate Recovery last night and one of my friends said "Hey, we need a nurse. Send me your resume." So I did. This job would be an answer to so many prayers I have prayed since November. There's no lifting, it's a day position and it's Monday thru Friday. I have teenagers that need me in the evening.
If you think of it, would you pray that God works this out for His glory? I will give Him all the thanks, honor and praise :)
Thank you
:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
mesue said:
update:

The interview went well. I am unofficialy hired. Praise God!!
They need to do a background check and I'll need to take a drug test.
:D I better study!
I will officially know by Friday.

:clap: That's great news Sue!!

Brings into mind:

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Upvote 0