Florida
✟17,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti – Ten Americans were detained by Haitian police on Saturday as they tried to bus 33 children across the border into the Dominican Republic, allegedly without proper documents.
The Baptist church members from Idaho called it a "Haitian Orphan Rescue Mission," meant to save abandoned children from the chaos following Haiti's earthquake. Their plan was to scoop up 100 kids and take them by bus to a rented hotel at a beach resort in the Dominican Republic, where they planned to establish an orphanage.

Haiti detains Americans taking kids across border - Yahoo! News

I guess the EO of Russia really should be concerned so this don't happen to them.

It seems to me that they took advantage of the disaster and chaos in Haiti to take these children illegally and do whatever they want with them.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No, the EO of Russia should not be concerned, unless you are implying there's some Baptist worldwide conspiracy to kidnap children.
not a conspiracy, just a a common mind set among people who do not respect others, you can find people like this in any group, the baptists do not have a monopoly on extreamly arrogant people, not by a long shot.

Upvote 0

lighthouse_hope

Dec 31, 2009
✟8,860.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
not a conspiracy, just a a common mind set among people who do not respect others, you can find people like this in any group, the baptists do not have a monopoly on extreamly arrogant people, not by a long shot.

Then why should the EO be specially concerned about Baptists?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Then why should the EO be specially concerned about Baptists?
well i said that they do not have a monopoly on extreamly arrogant people, i did not say that many baptist teachings do not foster such a world view
the individual can interpret the Bible for himself
many are vehemently agianst calling people by the title of "Father"
as we have seen in the thread about sending missionaries to christian countries, many do not respect liturgical christianity,
this building up of self, and tearing down of others, can lead to people who do crazy things

Upvote 0

lighthouse_hope

Dec 31, 2009
✟8,860.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
well i said that they do not have a monopoly on extreamly arrogant people, i did not say that many baptist teachings do not foster such a world view
the individual can interpret the Bible for himself
many are vehemently agianst calling people by the title of "Father"
as we have seen in the thread about sending missionaries to christian countries, many do not respect liturgical christianity,
this building up of self, and tearing down of others, can lead to people who do crazy things

So it can the blindly following of authority, comrade.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So it can the blindly following of authority, comrade.
true, like i said, the baptists do not have a monoploy on arrogent people, but when you blindly follow authority, at least you have an idea of what the crazy people are going to do, when everyone is their own little pope, well the sky is the limit

Upvote 0