✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some helpful insight, I believe:

BAPTISM UNTO CHRIST AND NEW BIRTH
Hello friend:
I am glad to hear from you, and I am happy to respond to your questions. I want to be a help to those who are earnest about God's Word and way.

If you will turn to Romans 6:3 (KJV) you will find in the margins of many quality Bibles that the word "into" should have been translated "unto". It is the Greek word: "eis", which can be used either way, and to be consistent with all other such verses we know it is "unto". No one can be baptized INTO Christ, because it is ONLY the work of the Holy Spirit who indwells and seals every true believer in Christ. Baptism is a work we do by applying water, and our works cannot save us. Baptism only speaks of obedience, our devotion, honor, and faithfulness---UNTO CHRIST, not into Christ ---not salvation. I hope this answers your question about baptism. I have a paper on Baptism if you would be interested in the rest of the story.

When the Holy Spirit comes into our life we are sealed as a child of God. Our flesh has nothing to do with that. We are called only to truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, receive Him, and trust Him only (see John 3 & I Jn 5:10-13; and note the blessing in Acts 16:27-34). The Spirit will then do His work, and it will be manifest in time that we are "born of the Spirit". Some people talk about losing salvation, but the truth is man cannot become unborn. That is impossible --they can only die! Saved souls are born into the family of God forever. Just be very sure you are in fact "born again" as required by God. Then one should live for the Lord and not dishonor Him. Good works and right living will not save the soul!

Brother, I would advise you to stay clear of the so-called churches who teach wrongly about these truths. I may be able to direct you toward a scriptural assembly (Bible-only) if I knew where you live. Keep in touch, and I hope you will also check out the web site again for monthly newsletters of ministry at the site: BibleCounsel.homestead.com. You may enjoy the studies there. - Sincerely in Christ, R.L.D. (RL04; 06/03)

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some helpful insight, I believe:

BAPTISM UNTO CHRIST AND NEW BIRTH
Hello friend:
I am glad to hear from you, and I am happy to respond to your questions. I want to be a help to those who are earnest about God's Word and way.

If you will turn to Romans 6:3 (KJV) you will find in the margins of many quality Bibles that the word "into" should have been translated "unto". It is the Greek word: "eis", which can be used either way, and to be consistent with all other such verses we know it is "unto". No one can be baptized INTO Christ, because it is ONLY the work of the Holy Spirit who indwells and seals every true believer in Christ. Baptism is a work we do by applying water, and our works cannot save us. Baptism only speaks of obedience, our devotion, honor, and faithfulness---UNTO CHRIST, not into Christ ---not salvation. I hope this answers your question about baptism. I have a paper on Baptism if you would be interested in the rest of the story.

When the Holy Spirit comes into our life we are sealed as a child of God. Our flesh has nothing to do with that. We are called only to truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, receive Him, and trust Him only (see John 3 & I Jn 5:10-13; and note the blessing in Acts 16:27-34). The Spirit will then do His work, and it will be manifest in time that we are "born of the Spirit". Some people talk about losing salvation, but the truth is man cannot become unborn. That is impossible --they can only die! Saved souls are born into the family of God forever. Just be very sure you are in fact "born again" as required by God. Then one should live for the Lord and not dishonor Him. Good works and right living will not save the soul!

Brother, I would advise you to stay clear of the so-called churches who teach wrongly about these truths. I may be able to direct you toward a scriptural assembly (Bible-only) if I knew where you live. Keep in touch, and I hope you will also check out the web site again for monthly newsletters of ministry at the site: BibleCounsel.homestead.com. You may enjoy the studies there. - Sincerely in Christ, R.L.D. (RL04; 06/03)

Then one should live for the Lord and not dishonor Him.

and ... what if they don't live for Him?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and ... what if they don't live for Him?
Well, there are two kinds of professing Christians, it seems: one type confesses the Lord Jesus and states they have received Him as their Savior and lord of their life, YET live mostly in the flesh and are called "carnal" by God ---living in the flesh. Such a one will forfeit much at the "judgment seat of Christ" in Heaven when they get there.
The other type are faithful Christians who obey God, honor Him, and worship daily in their walk with Him. They will be honored by God and rewarded in life and Heaven. God says: "them that honor Me, I will honor".
There are also many souls who claim to be Christian, but who are not "born again", so they are still without God's "...so great salvation" in His beloved Son. We need to know which we are, and do something about it ---right?

• Agree
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0