America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is going to be a weird question for those that have been baptized in the Holy Spirit, but the purpose is to help me know what it's like.

For those that received the baptism of the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands, or by altar prayer, imagine you had amnesia in regards to the event where you became baptized. So you don't remember praying at the altar, and you don't remember having hands layed on you. You would instead have to examine your life to determine whether you were baptized. Upon introspection what sorts of things, other than tongues, would be indicative of that baptism. Feelings one might have felt when it happened count even though you don't technically remember,

Also if you received the baptism of the Holy Spirit by means outside of altar prayer and the laying on of hands please ignore the question and, if your willing, give us your story.

(I'm excluding tongues because I want to learn about the other things)

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you receive insight into parts of the scripture do you incorporate that into your life? That is hearing and believing. Incorporating insights into your life is co-operation with God, which is an abiding that produces fruit. When you follow the light that shines on you then new insights are given to you to build on what you are already putting into practise. You’ll realize that is your true nature and the counterfeit personality of the old nature fades.

If, on the other hand, God shines a light on the way that you should go and you refuse then there is no next step because of refusal to go on. The Holy Spirit had put His seal on something but the conscience was quenched. Biblically the picture is of 2 children of God. They both refuse to do what they were told. But the one eventually did his father’s will. Matthew 21:28-32

That’s what baptism of the Holy Spirit looks like while in action as the baptism of fire for the carrying out of His will.

Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you receive insight into parts of the scripture do you incorporate that into your life? That is hearing and believing. Incorporating insights into your life is co-operation with God, which is an abiding that produces fruit. When you follow the light that shines on you then new insights are given to you to build on what you are already putting into practise. You’ll realize that is your true nature and the counterfeit personality of the old nature fades.

If, on the other hand, God shines a light on the way that you should go and you refuse then there is no next step because of refusal to go on. The Holy Spirit had put His seal on something but the conscience was quenched. Biblically the picture is of 2 children of God. They both refuse to do what they were told. But the one eventually did his father’s will. Matthew 21:28-32

That’s what baptism of the Holy Spirit looks like while in action as the baptism of fire for the carrying out of His will.
Wow, that was an incredible reply. That went past the question to the things that have been on my mind that prompted the question.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well me? I would get baptized again. I would ask for the holy Spirit again :) For me.. in this bible study once in a while they would ask if I wanted the holy Spirit. I always said no. Why? Lol.. don't know. I think just because they asked. They never ever pushed it. One night I said yes. I sit in this chair and they around me. He reads what the bible says about the holy Spirit and then asks again do I want it. I say yes. He prays he then stops. Says "thats it you got it". HUH? Nothing what so ever happened. I felt nothing. What ever..

I get up I go to sit down and BAM tongues just came out. I was not thinking it..no one was speaking in tongues.. no one was saying a word. See they believed if GOD says it.. HE will do it. He said ask.. He will give. They never doubted. Was not till many years later I read in the bible what happen to me was EXACTLY like what happen in the word.

So.. if I could not recall at all.. I would ask again. Lol He would know why... And HE would do it.. keep His word no matter what I see hear or feel...faith

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This is going to be a weird question for those that have been baptized in the Holy Spirit, but the purpose is to help me know what it's like.

For those that received the baptism of the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands, or by altar prayer, imagine you had amnesia in regards to the event where you became baptized. So you don't remember praying at the altar, and you don't remember having hands layed on you. You would instead have to examine your life to determine whether you were baptized. Upon introspection what sorts of things, other than tongues, would be indicative of that baptism. Feelings one might have felt when it happened count even though you don't technically remember,

Also if you received the baptism of the Holy Spirit by means outside of altar prayer and the laying on of hands please ignore the question and, if your willing, give us your story.

After many years of believing that the baptism with the Spirit is a subsequent event to conversion, I have recently examined the Scripture more closely, and come to the opinion that the baptism with the Spirit happens at the same time as conversion. I am convinced by the experience of Cornelius' household, and what Paul said about it in the book of Galatians.

It seems that Paul is equating conversion as receiving the Spirit, and that without the Spirit there is no conversion. (Please note, just in case some decide to hijack the thread, that it does not mean that one has to speak in tongues to be converted).

So, I am confident that a converted Christian has the Spirit indwelling. This means that the converted believer has the whole deal, and is able to move into the gifts of the Spirit as he grows in grace and gains the necessary knowledge concerning the manifestation of them.

Remaining converted to Christ and being filled with the Spirit is not dependent on the state of the brain. If a person get brain damage and resulting amnesia, the person will not be hindered in his spirit in his walk with God. He will continue to have the inner knowledge and witness in his spirit that he is a child of God. Therefore, if he has that witness, he can know that he has the Spirit of God as well.

Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

After being a Christian for over fifteen years I began to suspect that there might be some serious errors in my beliefs. I prayed with chutzpah and asked to be corrected... and given wisdom and these last thirty years I've been shown error after error after error after error in my old beliefs.

When we ask for correction and to be shown what we have wrong... this really allows Messiah Yeshua - Jesus to intervene in our lives.

Upvote 0