England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'When the Day of Pentecost came,they (120 early believers) were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues,as the Spirit enabled them.. '(Acts of the Apostles 2:1-4)

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm just a lowly soldier QB. :) Heights in the Spirit? Woohoo! Love is upon you, love gives and sometimes eagerly whisks the child to unquestionable wonder! You just give it the patience of the saints and see if God cannot bless in such a way!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm just a lowly soldier QB. :) Heights in the Spirit? Woohoo! Love is upon you, love gives and sometimes eagerly whisks the child to unquestionable wonder! You just give it the patience of the saints and see if God cannot bless in such a way!
Bless you 'rocknanchor'. I'm just a 'lowly soldier' like you,amazed by the 'goodness of God in the land of the living. God will use us together with others,as we are filled with His Holy Spirit. I like your 'Woohoo!'

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'As I began to speak the Holy Spirit came on them (Paul"s visit to Cornelius) as He had come upon us at the beginning. Then I remembered what the Lord had said,"John baptised with water,but you will be baptised with the Holy Spirit". So if God gave them the same gift He gave us,who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ,who was I that I could stand in God's way?' (Acts of the Apostles11:15-17)

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'While Peter was still speaking' (to the Roman Centurion Cornelius and his household) these words,the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out,even on Gentiles,for they hard them speaking in tongues and praising God' (Acts of the Apostles 10:44-48)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Apostles sent Peter and John to the Samaritan believers. 'When they arrived,they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit,because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them,they had simply been baptised in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Then Peter and John placed their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit' (Acts of the Apostles 8:15-17)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, noticed in that Acts 19 account, it states they all received. All spoke in tongues in the other groups as well (Acts 2:4; 4:31; 10:44).
Yes! (Acts of the Apostles 4:31). I missed that one. The pattern seems to be the Baptism with the Holy Spirit accompanied with tongues

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
'When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them, they had simply been baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.
A single verse that has eluded scores! An un-acceptable error creating their own self-inflicted handicap!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Peter said,'The promise is for you and your children and all that are afar off, as many as the Lord shall call'
The Apostles sent Peter and John to the Samaritan believers. 'When they arrived,they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit,because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them ,they had simply been baptised in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Then Peter and John placed their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit' (Acts of the Apostles 8:15-17)
Another 'inconvenience' they continually shun, yet as seen here, the distinction of; The Spirit's bond OF the body of Christ and the Spirit's blessing TO the body of Christ.

Upvote 0