Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
BELTON — As he sits in the Bell County Jail, accused of the Nov. 5 Fort Hood shooting that left 13 dead, Maj. Nidal Hasan continues to receive his monthly U.S. Army paycheck, which based on his rank and experience is probably more than $6,000.

Banks won't take Fort Hood shooting suspect's paychecks

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
All that's going to happen is DFAS payroll office is just going to keep on holding the money in their system. To be honest, since when did banks all of a sudden become morally idealistic? It's only when a self proclaimed Muslim comitted the acts is why.

Shows that Americans are becoming more and more intolerant towards Muslims. The more I see this kind of stuff, the hostile words and actions thrown towards Muslims by Americans, makes me want to just throw down my uniform and renounce my citizenship.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

All that's going to happen is DFAS payroll office is just going to keep on holding the money in their system. To be honest, since when did banks all of a sudden become morally idealistic? It's only when a self proclaimed Muslim comitted the acts is why.

Shows that Americans are becoming more and more intolerant towards Muslims. The more I see this kind of stuff, the hostile words and actions thrown towards Muslims by Americans, makes me want to just throw down my uniform and renounce my citizenship.

I also suspect it's because the banks are worried that, by accepting his paycheck, they'd be complicit in some sort of Muslim conspiracy and subject to investigation...and who knows what an investigation into their practices would turn up?

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Shows that Americans are becoming more and more intolerant towards Muslims.

Probably more of a case of Americans are intolerant of lunatics who go on murderous rampages. Religious affiliation is irrelevant. I regard Hasan pretty much the same as McVeigh.

The more I see this kind of stuff, the hostile words and actions thrown towards Muslims by Americans,

There aren't any "hostile words and actions" directed at Islam, here, just some banks declining the business of a man who happens to be Muslim.

Or are you arguing that Muslims should be immune from criticism, condemnation and social shunning when they have committed a reprehensible act?

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"I think it's just another example of the prejudice that he's been exposed to," Galligan said. "It's money that he's entitled to, that he has a right to."
the prejudice is of people that shoot up our military personel in support for our enemies. His religion is a crutch.
He is just like any other spy in any other war.

This would not be a problem, if our society didn't demand people have a bank account. What is a person to do if no one will allow him a bank account.

Business can refuse any individual they don't like. Murderous spys being a good example. They can do this without the person being convicted of any crime. If it can be proven as being anti-religious or anti-race then they could be sued.

Upvote 0