Banking and Christianity

Dordrecht

May 16, 2012
✟15,119.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This is a request for a different kind of resource...

After reading that Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, Wachovia, and other banks have been found to be contributing to Planned Parenthood, I've become determined to put my money elsewhere. Does anyone know of a principled bank that does not fund abortion? What bank gives the best services/interest/safety while not contributing to such evil?

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know of any. I've always banked with the local home town bank, but the big guys have bought them all out. What about a credit union? I tried to go without banking, but it's all but a cashless society now and nearly impossible to move monies without a bank--even though the bank has almost no money in it for cashing checks!

We're in the end times...and we are forced to do some things that are irksome to God. Somewhere we will have to draw the line, though. I guess if we owe no one? But even then we will have to use banks (credit cards) since they won't take cash! :doh:

Upvote 0

Dordrecht

May 16, 2012
✟15,119.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks drjean. I suppose I don't have a way of knowing what credit unions support any more than the big guys. I haven't seen anything about Ally Bank contributing to abortion, but it was formerly known as General Motors Acceptance Corporation, and General Motors was baled out by the Government and has government ties, and that makes me think there may be something going on under the covers.

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose I don't have a way of knowing what credit unions support any more than the big guys.

Would you be able to go into a credit union and just ask them that you are interested in knowing what community programs they support and if they could give you the contact information of the person to whom you should direct your inquiry?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What part of the country do you live in?

My family has been charter members of a local—now regional—bank here in the northstate, a number of the founders went do, or did, belong to our old church. I don't know if they're necessarily committed to Christian values, but they're more apolitical which I think is best.

You may be able to find a similar outfit in your area.

Upvote 0