Mount Vernon, Washington USA
✟7,647.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would love to learn ballroom dancing. And I hear that it's not that hard to learn. No swing dance for me, though! I don't like it and it's not as graceful and elegant as the other forms of dancing. However, I would love to learn the Waltz, Tango and Salsa. :)

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2020
Eastern
✟15,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Haha! It's great to know there are others out there. I never seem to run into any. I'm considering devoting more time to ballroom, but I want to be careful with the type of people and influences I spend a lot of time with. That's why I've been wondering if there is a substantial Christian presence in the ballroom world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ballroom dancing is wholesome fun. You needn’t venture into Latin dances if your convictions lead you elsewhere. English Country Dance is another option. Historical balls are plentiful. Especially for Regency and Victorian themes. Literature groups sponsor similar activities, like The Jane Austen Society of North America.

Since we’re addressing hobbies and personal interests; the Christian presence may be greater or less in some areas. You could always start a group yourself. Or provide a gathering space for likeminded believers.

~Bella

Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've done a course of classes for beginner Latin American and Ballroom on about three different occasions in the past. But Salsa is my favourite at the moment, not least because I think it offers more opportunities for social dancing than most other partner dances.

I don't know how many people who dance are Christians, but I'm not sure that it matters much. I don't think God wants us to totally shut ourselves off from unbelievers. It's certainly not what Jesus would do.

Upvote 0