Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So I suppose this is an on going question and debate. I will just get to the point of my post. So I tend to struggle with how much time I should make for God in reading and meditation. Especially in the days we are living right now. I question if I should even be watching movies or tv much anymore. Besides anything else. Just curious how everyone else goes about their time these days.

• Prayers
Reactions: WDSobieski

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I suppose this is an on going question and debate. I will just get to the point of my post. So I tend to struggle with how much time I should make for God in reading and meditation. Especially in the days we are living right now. I question if I should even be watching movies or tv much anymore. Besides anything else. Just curious how everyone else goes about their time these days.
Each person is convicted accordingly...
Romans 14:4 (NASB) Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! Reading and meditation are things we do for ourselves. Do something for someone else, this is what he is really pleased with. Be blessed.

Reactions: revybub
Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ Mark 12:30

Pray without ceasing, 1 Thessalonians 5:17

I find I have to center my thoughts often on God to fulfill these. Instead of a long block of time with God in the morning, I make shorter times, and do it seven times a day. This has been helpful to me.

Upvote 0

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟13,678.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
I try to put aside a few moments every morning and night for prayer. However, I feel that if you try to live the life that God wants you to do then you are spending time with Him. Even when you are watching TV etc. He doesn't want you to be on the go all day, He wants you to have time to yourself. Talking to Him does not always have to be in formal prayer, I generally chat to Him when doing tasks and find myself asking for guidance. He may be the Son of God but He is your friend as well as Master.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I try to do the things the Bible tells me, helps to edify His Spirit within me. I recently quit watching TV because of some immoral content, I'm sure that the Holy Spirit doesn't want to behold that and since I can avoid it i do it for his sake. Although I make out time for other things, I try to make the Holy Spirit a part of it, for I'm his Temple.

Upvote 0