Bakersfield, CA?

Nakiah4Yeshua

On your walls, Yerushalayim, I have set Watchmen !
Mar 19, 2006
Santa Maria, California (Central Coast)
Visit site
✟9,717.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
valorJ said:
Anyone here from Bakersfield, CA? I just moved here, and it's great! Of course I grew up here though. Anyone on the boards from Bako?
I from B-town. That's Bako with a captial B that also begins the word... __oring.. hehehe When I graduated in '02 from Foothill H.S. (East side) I moved to LA county for college.. you moved back... silly rabbit it's not April fools day yet. No really? you moved back..?!

Upvote 0

GraceLikeRainFallsDown

Everyone Needs Grace
Mar 15, 2006
✟1,986.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone here from Bakersfield, CA? I just moved here, and it's great! Of course I grew up here though. Anyone on the boards from Bako?

I live in Bakersfield.

Actually I am moving out next week. My husband got transfered to Hawaii.

The people of Bakersfield are wonderful. I have moved many times and this community is special. The Christian Community is very strong here. There are so many wonderful churches.

The one thing I will not miss is the air quality. It is making me sick. This is one reason we are leaving. I have had to add so much medicine for my allergies. My doctor told me the best thing would be for me to move.

Be careful on "bad" air days even if you have never had a respiratory issue before. My husband never had to take allergy medicine before living here. Bakersfield and Los Angeles, keep swapping the number 1 ranking for worst air in the country.

If you want any suggestions on restaurants or churches, please feel free to PM me. :)

I hope you enjoy your time in Bakersfield. Remember, get to know the people. They are the best part about the town. :wave:

Upvote 0

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hey valorJ! I used to live in Rosamond a number of years ago, just a couple hours south of Bakersfield. I used to swing through Bakersfield from time to time. I sure do miss the area. :(

Hey! I know where that is :). I grew up in Lancaster, which is about a mile south of Rosamond, lol. I'm now in Irvine though.

Upvote 0