Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
From October 18th until sunset today on October 19th Baha'is are observing "Twin Holy Days" which commemorate the Birth of the Bab (1819) and the Birth of Baha'u'llah (1817).

"The notion of "twin Manifestations of God" is a concept fundamental to Baháʼí belief, describing the relationship between the Báb and Baháʼu'lláh. Both are considered Manifestations of God in their own right, having each founded separate religions (Bábism and the Baháʼí Faith) and revealed their own holy scriptures. To Baháʼís, however, the missions of the Báb and Baháʼu'lláh are inextricably linked: The Báb's mission was to prepare the way for the coming of Him whom God shall make manifest, who eventually appeared in the person of Baháʼu'lláh. For this reason, both the Báb and Baháʼu'lláh are revered as central figures of the Baháʼí Faith.[10] A parallel is made between Baháʼu'lláh and the Báb as between Jesus and John the Baptist.[11]"

In the Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Baháʼu'lláh wrote that his birthday and that of Báb "are accounted as one in the sight of God".[2]
Source: Twin Holy Birthdays - Wikipedia

This year due to the Corona virus there are online gatherings such as "Zoom".

For a tour of the House of Worship in Wilmette Illinois go to:
House of Worship - Bahá'ís of the United States