• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

flowergirl67

May 17, 2020
Goodlettsville
✟10,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have dealed with intrusive thoughts for a while now and I know that God forgives me, but for some reason I had a bad dream about accepting the mark of the beast last night. It scares me because I would never want to accept it in real life. The dream lead to intrusive thoughts about the same situation. I have repented of the dream and thoughts, but I am not sure if God will forgive me because I know that this particular sin is unforgivable. Is it possible to be forgiven for this? I think the only reason why the dream came was because I was recently praying to God to give me the strength to resist the mark and it's temptation when it comes.

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I have dealed with intrusive thoughts for a while now and I know that God forgives me, but for some reason I had a bad dream about accepting the mark of the beast last night. It scares me because I would never want to accept it in real life. The dream lead to intrusive thoughts about the same situation. I have repented of the dream and thoughts, but I am not sure if God will forgive me because I know that this particular sin is unforgivable. Is it possible to be forgiven for this? I think the only reason why the dream came was because I was recently praying to God to give me the strength to resist the mark and it's temptation when it comes.
Your mind plays your biggest fears on your dreams, in order to prepare you just in case. From what I read in scripture everyone who has the seal of God, the holy ghost, is protected against this mark. I believe in pre trib, nevertheless even if it is post trib I dont think they could force you to wear that mark, but they will martyr us instead.

Reactions: flowergirl67
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have dealed with intrusive thoughts for a while now and I know that God forgives me, but for some reason I had a bad dream about accepting the mark of the beast last night.

Hello. It's not just taking the Mark of the Beast. It's worshipping the Beast.

Rev 13: 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

It will be a deliberate, conscious act of worship that no-one can drift into. But all those who's names are written in the Lamb's book of life need not worry about this. :)

Reactions: flowergirl67
Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey. You don't even have to pray for forgiveness sweetie. God knows you didn't mean it. You know what? - Because you fear it so much just shows what a believer you are and therefore very much SAVED! Don't worry. You're going to be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

flowergirl67

May 17, 2020
Goodlettsville
✟10,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey. You don't even have to pray for forgiveness sweetie. God knows you didn't mean it. You know what? - Because you fear it so much just shows what a believer you are and therefore very much SAVED! Don't worry. You're going to be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for your kind words! They have given me so much hope!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
have dealed with intrusive thoughts for a while now

Have you read 25 tips for successfully treating your OCD.
It has a very helpful section on intrusive thoughts that you should discuss with your therapist.

Intrusive thoughts like OCD are not real, they are the product of an ill mind.
God knows the difference between your thoughts and intrusive thoughts and what OCD etc causes, he is not confused by them and does not judge you because of them. Any more than he judges someone bed bound for not attending church.

Upvote 0

flowergirl67

May 17, 2020
Goodlettsville
✟10,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you read 25 tips for successfully treating your OCD.
It has a very helpful section on intrusive thoughts that you should discuss with your therapist.

Intrusive thoughts like OCD are not real, they are the product of an ill mind.
God knows the difference between your thoughts and intrusive thoughts and what OCD etc causes, he is not confused by them and does not judge you because of them. Any more than he judges someone bed bound for not attending church.
Thank you for your response! I will definitely look into the book the you requested. I'm not sure if I actually have religious ocd but I decided to put the topic in the ocd section because I do struggle with intrusive thoughts.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your response! I will definitely look into the book the you requested. I'm not sure if I actually have religious ocd but I decided to put the topic in the ocd section because I do struggle with intrusive thoughts.

Sorry should have made it clearer, it is an on line article written by a psychiatrist to help his patients.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟142,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would recommend looking into scrupulosity/religious OCD! OCD is often characterized by intrusive thoughts. Also, it's highly treatable, which is good news if you suffer from it. I'd be more than happy to share some of the resources that have helped me learn how to deal with it!

Reactions: Ann77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not Perfect

May 13, 2020
Kirksville
✟16,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am of the opinion that it's not sinful to dream about doing sinful things. In your case, I don't think there's anything to repent about. We tend to dream about the things we think about; it's just your brain trying to process your anxieties from the day. It's not even a sin to think about the mark of the beast, so why would it be a sin to dream about it? And even if that were sinful, if God forgives you for intrusive thoughts, how much more for dreams that you can't control!

Upvote 0

flowergirl67

May 17, 2020
Goodlettsville
✟10,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am of the opinion that it's not sinful to dream about doing sinful things. In your case, I don't think there's anything to repent about. We tend to dream about the things we think about; it's just your brain trying to process your anxieties from the day. It's not even a sin to think about the mark of the beast, so why would it be a sin to dream about it? And even if that were sinful, if God forgives you for intrusive thoughts, how much more for dreams that you can't control!
Thank you for the encouragement! I believe that the dream only appeared because I was praying and asking God to protect me from it whenever it comes. The responses to the post have definitely made me feel better!

Upvote 0