ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I don't generally ask for prayer that often even if I should but I'm asking if folks could pray for my failing, lower back. It's been a chronic issue for many, many years but things are getting worse. My job requires a lot of lifting but at age 52 I don't know how much longer I can hold out. It affects my sleep as I have a lot of trouble finding a position to sleep in that isn't painful. I don't do drugs so pain pills are out of the question. Surgery may be my only option but I'm not sure I can afford it.

Anyway, Christ is our great Healer and Guide. A prayer in His name would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly father, I pray that you would have your healing hand on his back. I ask in Jesus name that you would remove a lot of the pain he is feeling, and that he would be able to sleep comfortably at night. Lord, we know you are the true healer, so I ask for your healing and peace over him. In Jesus name amen.

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Heavenly father, I pray that you would have your healing hand on his back. I ask in Jesus name that you would remove a lot of the pain he is feeling, and that he would be able to sleep comfortably at night. Lord, we know you are the true healer, so I ask for your healing and peace over him. In Jesus name amen.

Deep thanks, sister.

Upvote 0

W4G

Mar 20, 2013
✟7,740.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you. Celebrex helped my back heal from a ruptured disc, and I still take it when the disc flares up, or I reinjure it, or the arthritis in my back acts up. It's not a pain killer. It's a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication that saves a lot if people from having to have surgery. It shouldn't be taken forever. I had to take it for a year every day before I could just go to a few days here and there of taking it. Just thought I'd mention it. It really is a wonder drug, and I don't like drugs either.

Upvote 0

Two Scoops

Apr 27, 2013
✟8,116.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'll be praying for you! I posted this is the chronic pain in the health section. I think it could help you.

I would advise you to to look up Dr. Scott Brady or John E Sarno. Scott Brady wrote a book called Pain Free For Life and Sarno wrote 3 books, one was Healing Back Pain. Just go to Amazon and read the reviews. These guys go against western medicine and say that a majority of back pain is caused by the spirit of a person and not by so called structural abnormalities.

There seems to be some common personality traits among chronic back pain sufferers, like fear, worry, anxiety, people pleasers, and perfectionists. The cure is knowledge. It reminds me of the bible verse where God said my people suffer from a lack of knowledge. Wisdom is better than any precious jewel. The bible says that a carnal mind is death, but a spiritual mind is life and peace. It also says that bodily exercise profits little but godliness is profitable unto all things.

You can heal. Please try and focus on God and His greatness, His Word. Jesus is the Word in the flesh. He came to heal the brokenhearted and to set captives free. He does it to this day, because He is the same yesterday, today and always. He does not change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you. Celebrex helped my back heal from a ruptured disc, and I still take it when the disc flares up, or I reinjure it, or the arthritis in my back acts up. It's not a pain killer. It's a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication that saves a lot if people from having to have surgery. It shouldn't be taken forever. I had to take it for a year every day before I could just go to a few days here and there of taking it. Just thought I'd mention it. It really is a wonder drug, and I don't like drugs either.

Thanks for the words of empathy. The fact that others experience a similar malady is comforting in an odd way. Like they say -- "misery loves company." That's not to say that I'm happy you suffer from back pain.

I would try Celebrex if not for all the possible side effects. I've heard it advertised on TV and it seems that the list of side effects is longer than the list of benefits. But I certainly glad to hear that it helped you. I suppose that if things get worse then I'd be willing to give it a try.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I'll be praying for you! I posted this is the chronic pain in the health section. I think it could help you.

I would advise you to to look up Dr. Scott Brady or John E Sarno. Scott Brady wrote a book called Pain Free For Life and Sarno wrote 3 books, one was Healing Back Pain. Just go to Amazon and read the reviews. These guys go against western medicine and say that a majority of back pain is caused by the spirit of a person and not by so called structural abnormalities.

There seems to be some common personality traits among chronic back pain sufferers, like fear, worry, anxiety, people pleasers, and perfectionists. The cure is knowledge. It reminds me of the bible verse where God said my people suffer from a lack of knowledge. Wisdom is better than any precious jewel. The bible says that a carnal mind is death, but a spiritual mind is life and peace. It also says that bodily exercise profits little but godliness is profitable unto all things.

You can heal. Please try and focus on God and His greatness, His Word. Jesus is the Word in the flesh. He came to heal the brokenhearted and to set captives free. He does it to this day, because He is the same yesterday, today and always. He does not change.

Thanks for the good advice and words of encouragement. If I knew of a natural remedy I'd go that route.

In my case, there really is a structural problem. When I was about 10 years old my friends and I decided to make a bicycle ramp. We also decided that it would be a good idea to see who could jump our little Sting Ray bicycles the farthest. Since I was naturally competitive I wanted to win in a bad way. When it was my turn to jump I rode my bike about 100 yards away from the ramp. I started peddling as fast as I could. When I hit the ramp I pulled too hard on the handle bars as I flew through the air. My bike came out from under me and I landed right on my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] with the weight of my upper torso perpendicular to the sidewalk. I could feel the pain in my back immediately as the disks were slammed together one on top of the other. My back was never the same again and has only gotten worse as I age.

I hate the idea of having the disks fused but it may end up being my only option.

Anyway ... thanks everyone for your prayers, concerns, and advice. I really do appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Two Scoops

Apr 27, 2013
✟8,116.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If it helps you, I first started having trouble when I was 16, I had problems from basketball. I always had muscle problems, soreness, tightness. couldn't hardly bend. I remember my PT say you are always going to have problems and eventually it will get worse. Years after that I started getting burning, down both legs into my feet, my left leg started getting weak, I would drag it. My doc ordered and MRI, it showed that I had spondylolysis, herniation, bulging disc, disc dessication and mild arthritis. We tried PT, bracing and chiro. i only got worse. I finally met with a neuro and eventually had a surgery consultation. I remember asking him what the surgery success was and he said 95%. I said there's a 95% success rate that my pain would go away and that my nerve would heal in my left leg, he said no, just a 95% success that the fusion would hold. He said I would always would have nerve damage and that some pain might go away. That was not enough for me to go through with it.

I some how found out about Dr. Sarno by the grace of God! To make a long story short I have no longer have leg weakness, no nerve damage. Yesterday I played basketball for 3.5 hours. Fear keeps the pain alive. The thoughts of how can I support myself, how can I keep working, I can't be active, etc. The thoughts can hinder healing. Bro, I only want you to get better. You can get the books from the library, if not I will send them to you. You have the power to heal, the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is in you. Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world. If you ask God for wisdom, He will give it you. The more we focus on the pain, the structural abnormalities, the harder healing is. That's why we put on the mind of Christ. The carnal is enemy against God, but the spiritual mind brings life and peace. We don't put our trust in man but in the power of God.

He did not give us the spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND. Fear has torment. He who fears has not been perfected in love. Jesus love casts out all fear!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
If it helps you, I first started having trouble when I was 16, I had problems from basketball. I always had muscle problems, soreness, tightness. couldn't hardly bend. I remember my PT say you are always going to have problems and eventually it will get worse. Years after that I started getting burning, down both legs into my feet, my left leg started getting weak, I would drag it. My doc ordered and MRI, it showed that I had spondylolysis, herniation, bulging disc, disc dessication and mild arthritis. We tried PT, bracing and chiro. i only got worse. I finally met with a neuro and eventually had a surgery consultation. I remember asking him what the surgery success was and he said 95%. I said there's a 95% success rate that my pain would go away and that my nerve would heal in my left leg, he said no, just a 95% success that the fusion would hold. He said I would always would have nerve damage and that some pain might go away. That was not enough for me to go through with it.

I some how found out about Dr. Sarno by the grace of God! To make a long story short I have no longer have leg weakness, no nerve damage. Yesterday I played basketball for 3.5 hours. Fear keeps the pain alive. The thoughts of how can I support myself, how can I keep working, I can't be active, etc. The thoughts can hinder healing. Bro, I only want you to get better. You can get the books from the library, if not I will send them to you. You have the power to heal, the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is in you. Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world. If you ask God for wisdom, He will give it you. The more we focus on the pain, the structural abnormalities, the harder healing is. That's why we put on the mind of Christ. The carnal is enemy against God, but the spiritual mind brings life and peace. We don't put our trust in man but in the power of God.

He did not give us the spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND. Fear has torment. He who fears has not been perfected in love. Jesus love casts out all fear!

Excellent post! With faith we can move mountains. It's easy to fall into the cares and concerns of the flesh!

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
may the Lord's healing hands deliver you from your pain.. Praying for your complete healing and wellness in Jesus' name Amen.

Thank you my Christian sister. May Christ bless you for your loving-kindness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 24, 2013
✟8,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a bulging disc that caused me great pain and discomfort for a couple of years. My sciatic nerve was pinched in my left leg and I suffered the worst throbbing pain in my life. The only way I could get sleep was with my legs elevated on pillows. I had a handful of lumbar epidural shots that only temporary helped me. I took daily NSAIDs for so long that I now have acid reflux. It was pretty rough.

However, I can tell you that I'm now about 95% pain free. I invested in an inversion table and used it every day. You might want to ask your doctor about getting one. I had a physical therapist recommend I buy one. It is basically a contraption that you stand on, strap your feet in and hang upside down for about 5-10 minutes a day. Gravity opens up your discs and allows fluid to develop.

In any case, I pray that your pain can be healed.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I had a bulging disc that caused me great pain and discomfort for a couple of years. My sciatic nerve was pinched in my left leg and I suffered the worst throbbing pain in my life. The only way I could get sleep was with my legs elevated on pillows. I had a handful of lumbar epidural shots that only temporary helped me. I took daily NSAIDs for so long that I now have acid reflux. It was pretty rough.

However, I can tell you that I'm now about 95% pain free. I invested in an inversion table and used it every day. You might want to ask your doctor about getting one. I had a physical therapist recommend I buy one. It is basically a contraption that you stand on, strap your feet in and hang upside down for about 5-10 minutes a day. Gravity opens up your discs and allows fluid to develop.

In any case, I pray that your pain can be healed.

Thanks for the advice and prayer. I've heard that inversion tables might help. I'll Bing it right now and check it out online.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.