Backlash over video of Donald murdering journalists

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Backlash erupts at video depicting Trump killing media, critics

A video depicting President Trump shooting and stabbing media organizations and some of his most prominent critics drew widespread backlash after The New York Times reported it was played at a conservative conference over the weekend at Trump's Doral resort.

Democrats and media organizations warned as the video circulated on YouTube and social media that it could incite further violence, with some calling on Trump to speak out and condemn the clip.

But remember, boys and girls, it's the left that encourages violent thugs...

Thoughts?

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Thoughts?

An excerpt from the linked article:

The video, which has been uploaded to YouTube and Twitter since The Times first reported on it, is taken from a clip of the film "Kingsman: The Secret Service," and shows Trump's head superimposed on the body of a character going on a violent rampage inside the “Church of Fake News."

Soooooo it's a "parody"?

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Is the video available for us to see?

Yes, they do. Next, I'm going to show you a nature documentary of a lion eating a gazelle, after which I'll remark:

But remember, boys and girls, it's the humans that engage in violence...

Then we'll agree that humans are really non-violent, and we'll all sing a verse of We Are The World.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The video, which has been uploaded to YouTube and Twitter since The Times first reported on it, is taken from a clip of the film "Kingsman: The Secret Service," and shows Trump's head superimposed on the body of a character going on a violent rampage inside the “Church of Fake News."

Soooooo it's a "parody"?
That depends, was it intended to be funny?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Soooooo it's a "parody"?

A parody of what?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That depends, was it intended to be funny?

Seeing Donald fight is always good for a laugh, I suppose... all we see on the news these days is him running away.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
This video will no doubt be used to legitimise someone's motives to do harm against those in the video.

It doesn't surprise me that it was both shown at a Trump event and also believed to be what his supporters wish to see. Says a lot about the man and his supporters either way.

Beyond pathetic, reckless and unbecoming of someone in office.

He's already normalised wholesale disrespect of the rule of law. Things like this are going to normalise violence.

People saying it's just a joke... well, that's a joke itself. There's nothing funny about this unless you're morally depraved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I prefer the one that didn't need to be photoshopped....

tenor.gif

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
For those who haven't seen "Kingsman", spoilers ahead:

The main villain is the head of a major telecommunications company.

Officially, his technicians have found a way to make cellular communication so cheap and simple that he's literally giving away free phones to people who agree to sign on to his cell program, which is so dirt cheap it's practically free.

In reality, each cell phone includes a device that, when activated, will cause anyone within a certain radius to become hyper-aggressive and start attacking anyone around them. His plan is to gather together as many hand-picked elites as possible, shelter them within various safe places, and unleash the devices on the masses. His idea is that if he has the devices active long enough, the lower classes will cull their own numbers to the point that the elites with him can take over and set up a new world society.

In the scene, the Kingsman organization has discovered that he means to use a rural church infamous for its "hate" literature as a test site before the global launch. They haven't figured out the cell phone bit yet, but know he's going to do something nefarious there. As such, they sent an operative to investigate. But the villain has a mole within Kingsman, and so he knows about the operative. Once the operative is in the building, he activates the devices in the cell phones in the building, causing the violent melee as the operative tries to fight his way out.

That's the context for the scene used in the video.

As far as the video itself goes: bad idea all around. Even if meant to satirize Trump's efforts to expose corruption within the industry (as an entertainment writer, I can tell you that yes, there are problems), the use of that specific scene gives off all sorts of wrong messages.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As far as the video itself goes: bad idea all around. Even if meant to satirize Trump's efforts to expose corruption within the industry (as an entertainment writer, I can tell you that yes, there are problems), the use of that specific scene gives off all sorts of wrong messages.

Morally wrong, perhaps, but possibly accurate. This is the man who once promised to pay the legal fees of any supporter who assaulted a protester...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,472.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Getting upset over an edited video. If it was produced by the White House I could understand. But this is just a guy (a private citizen) with some extra time on his hand showing his political leanings. Nothing is stopping you from producing the same with the Democrat of your choice in the same clip.

Journalists these days take offences to the slightest thing. The same journalists that won't be bothered by the actual violence in other parts of the world.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Getting upset over an edited video. If it was produced by the White House I could understand. But this is just a guy (a private citizen) with some extra time on his hand showing his political leanings. Nothing is stopping you from producing the same with the Democrat of your choice in the same clip.

Journalists these days take offences to the slightest thing. The same journalists that won't be bothered by the actual violence in other parts of the world.

Kind of hard to take one's own murder in a joking way. And you're right... it's not as much of a bother in other parts of the world, because we hold our own country to a higher standard....

... or at least we used to.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...But this is just a guy (a private citizen) with some extra time on his hand showing his political leanings. Nothing is stopping you from producing the same with the Democrat of your choice in the same clip....
I dunno. It wasnt just a creep in his basement.

It was shown at conservative conference featuring Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the Repubican governor of FL, at a Trump resort.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It was shown at conservative conference featuring Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the Repubican governor of FL, at a Trump resort.

Indeed, one would think after the "presidential seal" fiasco, Donald's supporters (especially in his own resort) would at least screen these things ahead of time to keep Great Leader from being embarrassed...

...again.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,472.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Remember that Hollywood produced a movie called "The Hunt"? Universal said it will still distribute it but just not now. Even as an outsider I have heard of it. That was intended for worldwide viewing. Now compared it to the poorly edited clip.

Upvote 0