• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ariellamb

My Father is the Gardener
Nov 21, 2009
A stranger & a pilgrim sojourning near Cambridge
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Odaat
I am so glad to hear of your faith and trust in our precious Saviour after all you have been through and are going through.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thx for sharing on this thread about yourself and those metal bits!!!!

Brotherly Hug

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for the encouraging words and prayers....I know they help me through my day. This week has been a not so good week with my back and then my husband getting sick and not able to help me out with little things....but I will survive with all the wonderful prayers that y'all have been saying for me! :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are on the roller-coaster ride of back isssues and surgeries with my husband so I know what you're going through. I will keep you in my prayers.

Praying for you...it's tough to go through....keep me updated! :D

Upvote 0

sheba1964

Jan 5, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All the best in your recovery.May it be speedy,& smooth sailing for you,as much as poss,anyway.
I will be in the same boat soon.I currently have the same set-up inside me,but the fusion that was supposed to take-didn't,so now I have to go thru it all again.
My first op was in feb last year & I still have to live on oxycontin ,just to be able to mostly pain free,but I live alone,being single so it's hard not to push things,bending is just the worst.I went from a fit active guy to an invalid over-nite,due to an accident at work.That was 6 yrs ago.I couldn't count the number of times I have asked God to take me home.The mental suffering & the depression has been Horrid.
I stand here ,by the grace of God,thou I be unworthy.Praise the work of Jesus on the cross,I am made worthy by his spilt blood.

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't give up....I know it is a long tough road with these surgeries. I thought after this last one and getting the hardware out was going to help...well, it hasn't and now they have started to mess with my medicine so it has been very interesting to say the least.
I finally am going to a pain management place tomorrow...so am praying that I will get some relief and understanding there.
I will pray for you as you go through it and I know that I going to invalid over night is hard. But hang in there....God is good and His plan is perfect! :hug:

Reactions: Ariellamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was having problems with one of my pelvic screws that was protruding and then still had pains down my legs so they were thinking it had to do with my hardware. They decided that was the only way to find out if that was the problem. Needless to say, at first it wasn't too bad but the pain is all back and then some. I think it might have to do with scar tissue around the nerves. But once I talk to the dr. tomorrow I will know what can be done for me.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was having problems with one of my pelvic screws that was protruding and then still had pains down my legs so they were thinking it had to do with my hardware. They decided that was the only way to find out if that was the problem. Needless to say, at first it wasn't too bad but the pain is all back and then some. I think it might have to do with scar tissue around the nerves. But once I talk to the dr. tomorrow I will know what can be done for me.
Hello sis.
If I could take your pain upon myself, I would do it in a heartbeat!
Have you gone to your church and perhaps have members gather around you and pray over you for release of pain?
Do not think or doubt for a minute that it will not work, but, if it doesn't help, keep the faith, and keep praying, as I do for you and others. :wave: :hug:
God bless
Steve

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello sis.
If I could take your pain upon myself, I would do it in a heartbeat!
Have you gone to your church and perhaps have members gather around you and pray over you for release of pain?
Do not think or doubt for a minute that it will not work, but, if it doesn't help, keep the faith, and keep praying, as I do for you and others. :wave: :hug:
God bless
Steve

Thank you Steve that is very sweet. I know what I am going to say will probably cause a debate or something, but I will tell you it anyway.
My husband suggested the same thing to me about going to the church for healing in the very beginning. I had made a promise to God that I wanted His desire and will in my life. If He wants to heal me or not it was up to Him. Needless to say my husband didn't necessarily agree with me...but this is my promise with God. Paul prayed three times for his thorn in the flesh to be removed and God told him that His grace is sufficient. So I claim that verse. I told God that I would praise Him no matter what. Now if anyone else wants to pray for me that is fine...I can't do it for myself. God knows my heart and I have to do what He wants me to do.
Yes, I have heard from others God doesn't want us in pain and all of that...but this is a deeper spiritual covenant then just that. He has given me the opportunity to study and be in a different relationship with Him...and that is what I am staying with.
So when I talk about the pain, I really am not trying to complain...I'm just stating the facts of what is going on in my life...and it is definitely my life and His grace will get me through.
If we don't have these trials how are we to grow to a deeper relationship with Him.

(Sorry I ranted on about it and I know you may not understand and that is fine...if you want to state your opinion that is fine too....)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you all for your prayers....I don't want to make it seem like I'm ungrateful because I truly am grateful. I think about how wonderful it is that people are praying for me and what would it be like if you didn't! It could be worse!!

But God definitely has something for me as I go through this and I want to use this as a way to honor Him and give glory to His grace and mercy.
I have already come across someone in our church who has something similar to what I have in the fusion area and he is angry and bitter. I really think that I can talk with Him and help him in this area. I know our circumstances are a bit different, but when I talked with him I could tell he respected what I said because I could actually understand what he is going through and my attitude is different than his.
So God will use it....I know it deep in my heart. :D

Upvote 0