• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thought maybe I would share with you what they took out of my back last month when I had my hardware removed. Hope it isn't too gross.....(I don't think that it is but then that is me)....it's nice to have it out of my back but now I am going through the recuperation!

screws.jpg

these are the screws lined up the bottom two being the ones in my pelvis

rods.jpg

these were the rods of titanium

Screwsetup.jpg

this would have been the setup of it in my spine

pelvicscrew.jpg

sorry this one ended up being such a big picture...don't know why it did that....but this is the pelvic screw up close

screwtop.jpg

This is the top of the screw that would attach to the rod after being put into my vertebrate

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know.....actually I am the bionic woman! I could buy a car with all this hardware! Or as my dad said....at least open up a store or something! :D

Aren't they crazy! When I was handed the bag it was unbelievable........
I still have two plates and six screws in my neck! I'm not letting them take those out (which is what I had said about my back) unless it is absolutely life or death!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh dear heart.....lifting you up to our Abba, that His grace, loving kindness, and tender mercies are prominent in all of this transition and adjustment (((((hug))))))

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, I'm amazed at all they took out. I hope you can walk and do things, can you? What happened that they gave you all the hardware?

I can walk...just not for long distances. I dont do much right now but in time i will be able to do small little things like fold laundry and do a small amount of washing some dishes.....I have to stay away from lifting and bending. I no longer drive due to the fusion and the amount of medication im on...but that is ok! Right now I wear a brace to help my muscles since they are weak. I asked for my hardware, I figured for the amount that I paid for them I should get to keep it! I'm glad I did because I never would have believe how huge those screws were.....plus believe it or not I have friends and family interested in seeing them!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know.....actually I am the bionic woman! I could buy a car with all this hardware! Or as my dad said....at least open up a store or something! :D

Aren't they crazy! When I was handed the bag it was unbelievable........
I still have two plates and six screws in my neck! I'm not letting them take those out (which is what I had said about my back) unless it is absolutely life or death!
Sorry to hear about all of that sis, and good to see you can still find a sense of humour thru it all :)
Just don't walk under any large magnets or thru too many metal detectors!! :D :p :hug:

YouTube - Jaws and the metal detector

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the video and prayers! I know I'm suppose to get some kind of card or something for when traveling on planes....haven't had need of it yet but I'm hoping soon! :D
God is good it's all in His control! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It truly is amazing....I guess I was surprised myself when I saw them....and then to think that I still have some in my neck (of course I know they have to be smaller),but it is weird....but our body knows that they don't belong and that is why I ended up having to get mine out!

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
MEIN GOTT!!! wow, I bet you set of every metal detector in the airport with that stuff. My son is faced with back surgery but the hardware and pain to be named at a future date is still in negotiation. Glad to see it out...now our prayers for a full recovery and Lord willing less or better, no pain.

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know there are all kinds of ways of doing back surgeries now....I had an old school dr so we went with what he said, since when I tried to get a second opinion and the other dr was rude! But no matter what I had to get it done and we said whatever God wanted that was what was important to us. So lasting two years with that in me was pretty good. He wanted to take part of it out over a year ago but I wouldn't let him because the first experience was so horrific. But all in God's timing......
My back does feel different in a way. I still will never bend as I am complete bone, but my husband thinks that my walk has improved and is different. I still have another 5 months of being really good so I can get the extra bone growth where they took all that hardware out...which is trying because I need to get some things done! ;)

Thanks to everyone for their prayers they mean so much to me! You guys are the ones I feel truly understand what I am going through....even though now I do have physical proof that I did have back surgery and it was a major event in my life.....for some reason why I always feel I needed that validation ....I don't know!

Anyway :hug:s to you all and again thanks!

Reactions: sk8Joyful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
what they took out of my back last month when I had my hardware removed.
it's nice to have it out of my back but now I am going through the recuperation!

screws.jpg

these are the screws lined up
the bottom two being the ones in my pelvis
Yikes :eek: !!!

Doing everything... I can, to never need to have that, including from Skating... :)

Here's to hoping :pray: you healUP :thumbsup: good as new... :hug: :clap:

Upvote 0