• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Back pain, forward head posture.

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by LoricaLady, Sep 8, 2021.

1. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    I am having a pain in my back that seems to be related to the bad habit of forward head posture. I have been trying to correct the head posture.

In the meantime all the natural things that I have tried for pain have not been working. Like herbal lineaments, magnets, heat, white willow and turmeric with black pepper.

This is the first time in decades that natural things haven’t helped me with pain. Please pray for me to know what to do that the pain goes away, and that I stop the forward head carriage which is so common today, especially with tall people like me.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+11,501
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Is the pain around the upper part of your spine? If so, the Alexander technique could help correct your posture so the weight of your head causes less strain there.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Pop D.

Pop D. Member

+287
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    For back pain, you might also try sleeping on your side.

4. LoricaLady

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    The pain is on my mid back to the right of my spine.

I will certainly check out that technique.
    Thanks.

5. LoricaLady

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    Thanks but I do always sleep on my side.

6. William J

William J Member Supporter

+205
    United States
    Wesleyan
    Single
    I pray that God will grant you relief from all of the back pain that you are experiencing, LoricaLady. I also pray that God will grant you wisdom to know the best posture to prevent pain and the diligence to keep your body in that posture as much as possible.

7. Mayflower1

Mayflower1 Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King" Angels Team Supporter

+2,902
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Praying for complete healing in Jesus name. Only thing that seems to help my husband some is this biofreeze spray thing. I'll have to check the name again. You are a blessing Lorica. Feel better soon.

8. Stephanie7

Stephanie7 Senior Veteran

+3,477
    Christian
    Married
    Heavenly Father I pray that You will touch LoricaLady's back and straighten her upper spine and ease the pain. Grant her strength to do back and posture exercises and to sit straight to help her with her back and her forward head posture, In Jesus Name, thank You Father, Amen

• Like Like x 3
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  9. Lexmark

Lexmark New Member

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Will pray for you.

10. LoricaLady

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    I so appreciate all the prayers. One post above that spoke of the Alexander technique was helpful and it also indirectly led me to a video by a Japanese guy with some good advice that I needed about head posture.

I am definitely feeling better after pretty continual use of applied heat. Thanks again! :)

11. splish- splash

splish- splash Now, here's the deal (by His word). Supporter

+1,240
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    I am praying for you now... :prayer:

12. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,484
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    A friend of mine had severe back pain which lasted for over 25 years!!!

He was cured overnight though!!

He got divorced!!! :p

(Sorry, a bit of humour to put a smile on those of us who suffer with bad backs)

God bless you all

13. LoricaLady

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    That did make me laugh. I am doing way better with far less drastic measures, though.

14. LoricaLady

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    P.S. I have been praying to the Lord for you, also, that you will be led to relief from your back pain in whatever ways he knows are best.

15. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+29,896
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I pray for your back pain to be healed in Jesus name.

16. FutureAndAHope

FutureAndAHope Just me Supporter

+1,941
    Christian
    Married
    Praying.

17. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,129
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I will certainly pray for you..

Although I hope you don't mind my offering a tiny bit of advice - go to the pain clinic and see a doctor that specializes in treating pain.

I say this because there are many things that can be done to alleviate pain that doesn't involve taking pills. They can do various nerve blocks (they inject anti-inflammatory medicine right on the affected nerves), they may refer you to a chiropractor for acupuncture etc. It may not be "all-natural", but injections are definitely minimal and can offer major pain relief for a period of months if the pain ever comes back at all. So it's absolutely worth seeing a good pain doctor, especially where your spine is concerned. They will guide you best.

I will absolutely pray for you..

18. LoricaLady

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    Thank you for replying. I am skeptical about acupuncture. But I haven’t really researched it a great deal as I haven’t felt I needed it.

So far with getting better at practicing good head posture, and occasional use of heat packs, I’m doing well.

Thanks for your concern and prayers.:)

19. Jeffwhosoever

Jeffwhosoever Faithful Servant & Seminary Student Staff Member Assistant Chaplain Angels Team Supporter

+2,890
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    I'm with you on the back pain. I have a massive spasm that will not go away. I have tried a shiatsu massager, lying on a tennis ball to push into the spasm to get it to release, a TENS unit, and I have a therapy grade ultrasound and electric stim that my wife does on my back 15 mins a day that helps. But I'm in serious pain right now and I have developed shingles too.

Joining you in prayer for both our backs!

20. LoricaLady

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    That’s interesting. I personally never felt any help with TENS. In my own case I feel sure the problem is posture. I can go through the day doing this and that and feeling just fine, but as soon as I lean over to do things like the dishes or even some artwork, the pain comes. Heat helps a lot, but I know I have to move past that and not depend on that.

Don’t laugh but I have even gotten myself a little timer to wear around my neck to go off every minute at those difficult times to remind me to keep my head up.

I do pray that you will be given insight and help from holy angels so that you can be free from pain.