lynnwood
✟7,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been feeling really condemned for my sins. Especially that I got plastic surgery. I keep getting knots in my stomach thinking about it. I'm scared of going to hell. I have just started building my relationship with God, and just started reading my Bible. The devil keeps scaring me that the Lord will not forgive me. He keeps making me think I have to be perfect, and the Lord will not forgive me on judgment day. It scares me the things people are saying, and that women should pray with they're heads covered. There are women in the church I go to who are powerful woman of God. They don't pray with they're heads covered. I'm not sure what to do. I feel scared, my flesh is really fighting against the Bible I think.

Adriana144

Drea~
Apr 8, 2016
lynnwood
✟7,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After my plastic surgery, I went to a women conference and I went and got prayer. I felt the Holy Spirit so strong. The women praying for me said I was going to speak in tongues. I started speaking in tongues and there was an interpreter. She said the Lord said "He has called you, and his destiny for you is great. You don't have friends in your life because they do not line up with Gods destiny for me. The Lord will start bringing people into my life who's destiny lines up with mine."
I haven't spoke in tongues since. I've just been feeling convicted and scared.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a form of religious obsessive-compulsive disorder that used to be called "scrupulosity". Most of the things that you are worrying over are trivial as far as our relationship with God. Plastic surgery is not a sin and God hears your prayers whether your head is covered or not.

Micah 6:6 With what shall I come before the Lord, And bow myself before the High God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, With calves a year old? 7 Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, Ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God.

Upvote 0

Adriana144

Drea~
Apr 8, 2016
lynnwood
✟7,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I think I've heard of that. I've been getting tormented lately by the devil. I've really been seeking God, and asking him to reveal himself to me.

I just started actually reading my Bible and building my war room. So I know I'm getting closer to the Lord.

So, what would be your advice to move forward. I feel like i'm living in hell right now.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After my plastic surgery, I went to a women conference and I went and got prayer. I felt the Holy Spirit so strong. The women praying for me said I was going to speak in tongues. I started speaking in tongues and there was an interpreter. She said the Lord said "He has called you, and his destiny for you is great. You don't have friends in your life because they do not line up with Gods destiny for me. The Lord will start bringing people into my life who's destiny lines up with mine."
I haven't spoke in tongues since. I've just been feeling convicted and scared.
So you spoke in tongues without knowing what it meant? Hmmm...

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does that mean? I already knew of the gift of tongues. Both my parents have it. I'm not sure what you're implying..
You know what i'm worried about.
You're looking for signs and empowerment.
It's your religious paradigm.

Just ask yourself sometime, what good is it to speak things you do not understand yourself?

We can agree to disagree, i won't be commenting here anymore, unless you quote me.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Adriana144

Drea~
Apr 8, 2016
lynnwood
✟7,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know what i'm worried about.
You're looking for signs and empowerment.
It's your religious paradigm.

Just ask yourself sometime, what good is it to speak things you do not understand yourself?

We can agree to disagree, i won't be commenting here anymore, unless you quote me.

God bless.

I'm trying to understand God. I've just started reading my Bible. I know I wont understand things right away..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adriana144

Drea~
Apr 8, 2016
lynnwood
✟7,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand.
Iḿ sorry for being blunt to you.

No it's okay. I know I need to seek the Lord more. I pray He will start revealing things to me, and that I will understand His love for us!

May I ask, how do you stay in faith?

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it's okay. I know I need to seek the Lord more.
Well, so should i, so i was a bit arrogant in hindsight.
I pray He will start revealing things to me, and that I will understand His love for us!

May I ask, how do you stay in faith?
Good question.
I certainly have my ups and downs too..
But i keep on seeking Truth.
To stay on track, and not get distracted.
I learn every day, also when i'm down, it's a learning curve.

You see, the journey may be unpleasant (just think of prosecuted Christians, for example) but the destination will be worth it.
The Promise God makes lies in Heaven, not in the here and now in the flesh.

For me repentance is an on going struggle.
I think it is for most Christians.

Birth pains is what the Bible calls it.
But any mother will tell you it was absolutely worth it.

So, if the going gets tough, do not dispare !

Don't chase signs and wonders, even though they're attractive, is what i wanted to say when i read your post about tongues and the wish for 'empowerment'.

Jesus says: I want you to LOVE eachother.
He gave an example: The story of the good Samaritan.

Upvote 0

Adriana144

Drea~
Apr 8, 2016
lynnwood
✟7,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Adriana144
I think i was out of line here, i'm sorry.
God has different ways / paths for different persons.
I don't think you were out of line. But yes I also believe he has different ways and paths to bring people to Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think you were out of line. But yes I also believe he has different ways and paths to bring people to Jesus Christ.
I didn't even say:

:tutu: Welcome to the forum, Adriana144 ! :tutu:

...but none the less ^

Last edited:
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But yes I also believe he has different ways and paths to bring people to Jesus Christ.
I believe He is Jesus Christ = God: John 1
You know, Trinity, Godhead (YHWH Elohim), who became a Man, Son of man.

Good to be talking here with fellow Christians. :)

Upvote 0

Tennisplayer

Aug 11, 2012
Home
✟184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Relax, you haven't lost your salvation. You need forgiveness for plastic surgery? No! You know God said David was a man after his own heart! Yet David committed adultery with another mans wife, then had her husband killed to cover up his sin. Plastic surgery isn't sin sweet heart. You are fine!
You are way over thinking everything. Remember Take my yoke upon you for it is easy and my burden is light.

Read the 23 Psalm. Jesus is now your Shepard ..that means....HE is responsible for you now! A shepards responsibility is to.....protect, guide, feed, help, protect. It's HIS responsibility. Not yours! Do you know what sheep are?.....they are just plain dumb animals........thats why they need a shepard! Just REST in the Lord. Stop Doing and start Depending.

Upvote 0

Adriana144

Drea~
Apr 8, 2016
lynnwood
✟7,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Relax, you haven't lost your salvation. You need forgiveness for plastic surgery? No! You know God said David was a man after his own heart! Yet David committed adultery with another mans wife, then had her husband killed to cover up his sin. Plastic surgery isn't sin sweet heart. You are fine!
You are way over thinking everything. Remember Take my yoke upon you for it is easy and my burden is light.

Read the 23 Psalm. Jesus is now your Shepard ..that means....HE is responsible for you now! A shepards responsibility is to.....protect, guide, feed, help, protect. It's HIS responsibility. Not yours! Do you know what sheep are?.....they are just plain dumb animals........thats why they need a shepard! Just REST in the Lord. Stop Doing and start Depending.

I know, I went to church and prayed last night that God would have a message for me. Then at church, it was exactly what I asked for! I feel very encouraged. But the devil keeps bringing stuff up in my life. For instance, one day I was rebuking the devil out and I accidentally said the Holy S****. I was so scared after that happened. I was scared God was done with me for continuously sinning even though I knew it was wrong. I had so much anxiety I wasn't eating, I lost about 10 pounds in a week. Ever since that I've been truly seeking the Lord, because I realized I didn't know Him. I get scared thinking about it, cause Jesus said even the careless words he judges....but I'm trying to put that behind me right now. I'm also going on a women's conference and I'm so excited, my Pastor made away for me to go Thank God for this amazing opportunity! I know God has not given up on me. So I won't give up on Him. Even though, the devil tries to fill my mind with bad thoughts a lot,I got prayer today, and it was so amazing, I love feeling the Holy Spirit, but the devil was slowly creeping up in my thoughts its horrible. I'm trying not to entertain him, cause I know, resist the devil and he shall flee. I pray God will never take His spirit from me. I love God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Then again, I'm just (like literally just) starting to get to know them. I'm excited :)

Upvote 0

Adriana144

Drea~
Apr 8, 2016
lynnwood
✟7,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe He is Jesus Christ = God: John 1
You know, Trinity, Godhead (YHWH Elohim), who became a Man, Son of man.

Good to be talking here with fellow Christians. :)

Oh yes, I actually just learned about that! I didn't really understand when you posted that, but I'm doing this Bible study of the book of John, and that was in there! So crazy how I didn't know!

Upvote 0